Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

Just now, PolarExpress said:

I agree with you.  Sam deserves a better OL.  We’re lucky he’s still standing.  He’s regressing a bit due to our atrocious OL.  Most QBs with his limited experience would be out of the game injured.  He’s a warrior and deserves the opportunity to play with a much improved OL.  Sometimes I wish they would take him out before he does get hurt.  I think he’s very talented.  I apologize for my poor choice of words.  I do not want to draft a QB.  It needs to be OL, OL, OL, find a new long snapper and pray for good coaches.

Thank you. Appreciate that. 

Even if you want a QB I can’t blame anyone for that.

But if we don’t fix this OL we are going to be in bad situations for years to come and wasting a rookie QB. 

I’m sorry if I came across as crass.

• Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ugh..announcers sound disappointed when we do something right on defense...

Like they rooting for the high score, if it wasn't for those meddling kids...

so am I. At least the announcers are getting paid to suffer thru this 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

At this point I’d be fine with releasing literally everyone on the football side of things and going expansion team.

Realistically the team is so bad and poorly coached you really can’t evaluate some of the players. 

There are so few that have shown anything worth trying to work with that I agree with you. I wouldn’t advocate for it (like you, blinded by your Howell hate) but if they told me today that was the plan I would be very cool with it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Fred Jones said:

I disagree - this team does have some quality players.  They have no Elite players and not enough quality players, but keep some of them.

So, I don’t disagree that we have some guys who can play. But at this point the organizational stench has touched them all.

4 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Howell is making a strong case to draft a QB.  His pocket awareness is just awful.  Any pressure and 90% of the time he puts his head down and runs into a defender, usually to his right. Yes once in a while he’ll show some ability to escape but for the most part it’s a problem.  

No where near accurate. There is no pocket today which should be obvious.  The only thing we need to draft is an O line.  90% of the time you are saying it is his fault?  Are you related to Larsen, Paul, Leno or Wiley?

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

I disagree - this team does have some quality players.  They have no Elite players and not enough quality players, but keep some of them.

Only reason we have to keep some of them because it's almost impossible to replace them all in one off season.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

We passed on Tua to take a DE who cant even get 10 sacks LOL

That’s who Ron wanted and he didn’t pull the trigger . Idk what happened to riverboat Ron but that guy was gone after Newton left . Theres no way this is the coach of the year that people talked about