Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A QB who takes a ton of abuse, and is young, is going to start forcing passes and making mistakes. There are very few who can overcome that. Peyton Manning was a victim of it himself.

True. I will add this to it: 

“One of the hardest things to improve with a quarterback is how they handle failure,” former NFL quarterback turned analyst Shaun King said. “When you look at Sam’s redeeming qualities — the ability to continue getting sacked and stay in the pocket. To have a bad play or game … and then bounce back and play winning football. … You can’t teach that.”

• Like 6

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I agree with you a lot of the time. But those of us mentioning drafting QB dont necessarily dislike Howell. I happen to think he can play. But if your new FM/Coach have a chance to draft a guy they think is ELITE for their system you let them do it. Howell has trade value. 

Who is elite? The guy that cries to his mother? Maye who struggles with good teams?

Just now, zCommander said:

True. I will add this to it: 

“One of the hardest things to improve with a quarterback is how they handle failure,” former NFL quarterback turned analyst Shaun King said. “When you look at Sam’s redeeming qualities — the ability to continue getting sacked and stay in the pocket. To have a bad play or game … and then bounce back and play winning football. … You can’t teach that.”

enzo-amore.gif

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I agree with you a lot of the time. But those of us mentioning drafting QB dont necessarily dislike Howell. I happen to think he can play. But if your new FM/Coach have a chance to draft a guy they think is ELITE for their system you let them do it. Howell has trade value. 

Okay but this has absolutely freakin NOTHING TO DO WITH HOWELL.

I don’t understand where my point is being lost… Our OL blows. 

Let me be plain:

I don’t care who our quarterback is. If the OL isn’t course corrected they are a sitting duck and will be under constant scrutiny because they were a “waste of a pick”.

Divorce yourself from the idea that my point has anything to do with Sam Howell. It doesn’t.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Okay but this has absolutely freakin NOTHING TO DO WITH HOWELL.

I don’t understand where my point is being lost… Our OL blows. 

Let me be plain:

I don’t care who our quarterback is. If the OL isn’t course corrected they are a sitting duck and will be under constant scrutiny because they were a “waste of a pick”.

Divorce yourself from the idea that my point has anything to do with Sam Howell. It doesn’t.

You build the trenches, only problem is Ron focused on the D-line instead of the O-line.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

When have I argued he has helped himself? I just don’t understand this hunger to draft quarterbacks and ****ing tight ends when the QBs, whoever they are, are going to be physically and mentally abused. Who does that help? Make it make sense.

Well we have never seen a good team built from the line out so how will we know it could work?

If only we had multiple examples over the years of good teams, possibly near enough that we could watch them ourselves, with good lines leading to success.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Roger wants it gone, we agree on something.

It's so whack...I like how we fight it, knock the ball out the QB's because they aren't primary ball carriers paid to prioritize that. 

Think we forced 2 fumbles on Hurts this year alone on those plays.