Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rappaport, Jack Del Rio/ Vieselmeyer Fired. Ron will run defense for rest of Season

Reaper Skins

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

This move should have been made after the first Eagles loss.  That was the last chance to save the season and keep the locker room from getting away from them.

Seemed JDR still had player backing at that time, he and all the other coaches have been losing the players since then though.  He should have been canned a game or two earlier though. 

Maybe Ron will actually put his heart back into his job focusing on the D and the D play calling. He surely comes off as packing it in most of the season.

I can only imagine the D getting worse from here. The opposing offenses get tougher, of course. But Rivera is also just going to beef it imo. The fire in him is gone, he hasn’t been a full-time DC in years. He’s about to get even more embarrassed, likely. 

It’s ironically almost more of a mark against Rivera if they do noticeably improve, given he could have made this change at any time to try to save his season. Would make him look even worse if he was a better option than his hand-picked DC this whole time. 

But I don’t see that happening. And not because JDR was good, he wasn’t. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

I can only imagine the D getting worse from here. The opposing offenses get tougher, of course. But Rivera is also just going to beef it imo. The fire in him is gone, he hasn’t been a full-time DC in years. He’s about to get even more embarrassed, likely. 

It’s ironically almost more of a mark against Rivera if they do noticeably improve, given he could have made this change at any time to try to save his season. Would make him look even worse if he was a better option than his hand-picked DC this whole time. 

But I don’t see that happening. 

I don't see that either. Also don't see Ron or JDR being offered a HC or DC ever again, that's for certain. Their reps have taken huge, well deserved hits. 

• Like 2

When you hire family you have to fire family. I didn't want any in the Del Rio family in the room at this point and am happy they are both gone. Nothing against his nephew with a high school resume its just... family will stick together. Would we want him possibly feeding intel to family outside the org? F no.

Interesting he was out the door early, to me that points like they knew today was going to be the day in advance and he snuck out early under the cover of darkness to make the team not look bad for destroying their family at thanksgiving.

Good riddance to get 3 off our staff at long last.

Edited by RandyHolt

Just now, No Nonsense said:

I see folks has gotten amnesia about Jay Gruden. 

How so? His offense was was way better than anything we have seen since he has been fired..he dealt with more disfunction than Ron has as a coach.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1