Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

I get the sense we're get an avalanche of bad Howell takes now like we did after the earlier Bills, Giants and Bears games. He's a rookie/1st year starter, he's gonna have some ----'ers. Last week I was still arguing we should consider trading up for QB, and I still am, and this game didn't change my mind on Howell, I think he's damn good. All QB's have stinker performances, and this was a mixed bag. I'm not holding against him some avalanche of Giants smashing him and a bad pick 6 as a result. Whatevs, he'll keep fighting and we'll have a better sense of him after the next six games, especially if all our opponents play to win, he's got Dallas twice, and the SF and NYJ defenses coming up, if he can bounce back against them in terms of his performance that will be huge but man, I already mentioned last week, expect a ---- performance on Thursday, only a couple of days to prepare for one of the best defenses in the league w/that dog---- OL isn't going to be pretty, at all. A bad performance there aint changing my mind either. So far, he's been an above average QB with the potential to be good, this game didn't change my mind on that, neither will next weeks. All the data over the next six weeks combined with the prior 11 will tell the tale. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

We will get into this argument over the next few months. But they arent any better than Howell IMO. Yes Howell made 2 awful decisions today. But Maye was terrible yesterday against Clemson. This loss helps us get a franchise left tackle though. 

No doubt it’s gonna be a huge talking point. I’m not Howell out yet, iv seen lots to like, some not to like.

It’ll depend on what the new GM / HC thinks but if we’re in that top 5 we can ill afford another Young / Herbert style situation.

1 minute ago, HogsGoHard said:

Dallas is going to destroy this team for the world to watch. I don't know what else Josh Harris and Co. need to see before they make some changes and start prepping for next year. 

They are for sure putting together short lists for GM and such. That’s all they can do. Nobody in that building deserves to coach the team so why give a promotion to someone in the interim? None of this matters 

• Like 3

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

My God we need a left tackle. Leno's worst game of the season. 

You can make a case we are the second worst team in the league behind Carolina. Especially with Kyler back for Arizona and Fields playing better for Chicago. 

They have a rookie QB, they would win

4 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

That last pick is on the Oline....NOT HOWELL.  

Was Howell hit as he tried to throw the ball away? That ball was a duck. It was real crowded around him so maybe he couldn't step into it?

Either way, not a good game by Sam. But boy did his players not give him a goddamn thing to work with, either.

1 minute ago, The Consigliere said:

I get the sense we're get an avalanche of bad Howell takes now like we did after the earlier Bills, Giants and Bears games. He's a rookie/1st year starter, he's gonna have some ----'ers. Last week I was still arguing we should consider trading up for QB, and I still am, and this game didn't change my mind on Howell, I think he's damn good. All QB's have stinker performances, and this was a mixed bag. I'm not holding against him some avalanche of Giants smashing him and a bad pick 6 as a result. Whatevs, he'll keep fighting and we'll have a better sense of him after the next six games, especially if all our opponents play to win, he's got Dallas twice, and the SF and NYJ defenses coming up, if he can bounce back against them in terms of his performance that will be huge but man, I already mentioned last week, expect a ---- performance on Thursday, only a couple of days to prepare for one of the best defenses in the league w/that dog---- OL isn't going to be pretty, at all. A bad performance there aint changing my mind either. So far, he's been an above average QB with the potential to be good, this game didn't change my mind on that, neither will next weeks. All the data over the next six weeks combined with the prior 11 will tell the tale. 

I think if we had a real nfl Oline,  Sam would be breaking NFL records....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a good day for anyone on the team today, Sam needs to play better if he wants the starting spot, this is not to appease my own personal agenda but for the incoming GM who will have some tough decisions to make. If we have a top 5 pick there will be options.

The EB hate is uncalled for. 1st year with a bad O-line and fumble prone team……people want magic to happen. 

This sits at the feet of Ron and JDR. The defense regressed. Special teams went sideways. The offense is still an unaddressed joke.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He can go somewhere and fall down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Was Howell hit as he tried to throw the ball away? That ball was a duck. It was real crowded around him so maybe he couldn't step into it?

Either way, not a good game by Sam. But boy did his players not give him a goddamn thing to work with, either.

The pocket collapsed almost immediately after receiving the snap and he was just trying to not take a sack without any timeouts

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sure, but what if their collegiate performances this year are telling us they aren’t all that good?

We need a new GM

FO

Coaches

OL

More than literally anything. 

LB is next.

Secondary needs to be fixed (DC can do that)

Then need another dynamic back + a possession receiver.

I want you to go completely scorched earth in your next day thread. Personally, I wouldn’t give a single player on this team a good review. This is some Mad Dog 20/20 levels of terrible!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2