Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Seachickens!

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The thing is, even with all of the limitations, including a 23 year old first year QB, an OL that clearly has significant issues, an “ok” primary TE, the offense is still averaging more then 20 ppg, and has scored 20+ in all but 2 games.  

That’s not terrible.  

It could be a lot worse.  I’m honestly not sure how much better it would be with a different OC. The personnel limitations are real.  You can work around them to an extent.  But not forever.  

Agreed. I think EB has done a decent coaching job. The games against the Bills, Bears and Giants were largely on him not understanding the limitations of the O’line and putting together bad game plans - the Giants was the extreme example of that - so I struggle to say hes been good overall. But since the Giants game he has been good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y’all are over thinking it. He didn’t go for two cause he didn’t want to risk not getting it and them running the clock out. He is lying when he says otherwise. 

...but muh riverboat.

also, I'm not sure he understands how clocks work...

• Haha 1

Can’t wait for this staff to be gone.  Horrendous roster they’ve built.  Bad drafts and bad free agency.  No keepers in the 1st two rounds since they’ve been here.  Seems they got lucky and may leave us with a QB though.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Frankly the only LB I saw make any plays was Jamin, and I didn't think he was our MLB on the play he was there.

He does make plays. But too often he runs into blocks and can’t get off them. We have to stop doing that cross dog when we have the backers cross to try to confuse blocking schemes - Davis keeps getting picked off by a guard and leaving a massive running lane. But he certainly a decent starter. Mayo on the other hand …

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The thing is, even with all of the limitations, including a 23 year old first year QB, an OL that clearly has significant issues, an “ok” primary TE, the offense is still averaging more then 20 ppg, and has scored 20+ in all but 2 games.  

That’s not terrible.  

It could be a lot worse.  I’m honestly not sure how much better it would be with a different OC. The personnel limitations are real.  You can work around them to an extent.  But not forever.  

My problem with the offense is we are TE focused and Logan Thomas is not the strength of his offense. McLaurin and Dotson are, but they're not getting the ball. EB seems unable to do so.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Veretax said:

The first play We ran before the last score, took 5 seconds, 52 seconds easily could be ten plays.  that's easily 30-40 yards for a field goal

I don’t really care too much about whether he went for it or not. But I agree with Hoffman’s point that Rivera revealed how little he trusts this defense 

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I’ve never liked Pete Carrol or his teams. Nothing logical about that - he just irritates me.

I’ve always disliked him. Loved when Harbaugh (whom I also detest) put it on him when he was at USC and Carrol got all uppity about it like he didn’t run up the score on weaker teams every chance he got.

But what I really hate about him is how he abandoned ship at USC when he knew they were about to get busted for all of the violations that had occurred on his watch.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, HOF28 said:

Can’t wait for this staff to be gone.  Horrendous roster they’ve built.  Bad drafts and bad free agency.  No keepers in the 1st two rounds since they’ve been here.  Seems they got lucky and may leave us with a QB though.  

Quan Martin drew a holding penalty. Get fired up!

• Haha 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

My problem with the offense is we are TE focused and Logan Thomas is not the strength of his offense. McLaurin and Dotson are, but they're not getting the ball. EB seems unable to do so.

He’s calling quick game and focused on getting the ball out of Sam’s hands to avoid sacks and hits in him. Teams are sitting on that and often the best match up will be a back or TE on a backer. It’s effective - but it does limit our ability to get the ball vertical. Receivers are mainly running slants and drags.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I agree with Hoffman’s point that Rivera revealed how little he trusts this defense 

So he’s not a complete idiot then.

• Like 2

Del Tacos defense let Geno Smith march down to field goal range in a short amount of time. If Seattle needed a touchdown it’s entirely possible our defense couldn’t stop them. That’s how bad this defense is even with Del Rio and Rivera focusing on the defensive side of the ball with all those picks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redd said:

Del Tacos defense let Geno Smith march down to field goal range in a short amount of time. If Seattle needed a touchdown it’s entirely possible our defense couldn’t stop them. That’s how bad this defense is even with Del Rio and Rivera focusing on the defensive side of the ball with all those picks.

There is no reason to bring Del Taco into this mess bro they are a nice establishment with multiple flavors of salsa and you cant take as much as you want and they wont say anything. Chill out, ok? 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Llevron said:

There is no reason to bring Del Taco into this mess bro they are a nice establishment with multiple flavors of salsa and you cant take as much as you want and they wont say anything. Chill out, ok? 

Fair enough 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Y’all are over thinking it. He didn’t go for two cause he didn’t want to risk not getting it and them running the clock out. He is lying when he says otherwise. 

I think you're giving him too much credit here for thinking he needed to say something other than what he thought at the moment. The clock comment making no sense is kind of par for the course with him.