Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders @ The Seachickens!

zCommander

For the record: EB is producing the 17th ranked offense DESPITE historically bad offensive line play. The bulk of those players existed long before he was hired. EB IS NOT the problem with the offense. I shudder to think what the offensive rank would be if he wasn't our o-coordinator. 

There is no run game cuz these guys cannot be consistently physical. Period. EB knows that... hence passing 749.63c times/game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

EB was came here thinking it would lead to a head coaching gig.  Well, it will lead to the opposite. Either being unemployed in 24, or a demotion to just a position coach.

He's proven he's no OC and definitely no head coach.

Disagree. I actually think EB is the front runner. When an OC and QB  combo pass for over 300 yards EVERY game, then you have the foundation to win in an offense driven league. 

This team just needs OL and LBs and I think we will be very competitive. I don't trust Ron to draft anybody. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

In fairness the offense did little to help the defense in the middle two quarters of the game. In fact the offense was piss poor in those two quarters. Yes the defense lost the game in the end. But the offense was not good. Howell had 3 completed passes to WR's before the last 2 drives. The running game is laughably bad. EB is not a special offensive mind. I think that much is clear. 

Offense was bad for a while, sure - but seems like it’s not even worth talking about, all things considered.

Near 500 yards to an offense led by Geno Smith.  St. Juste giving 10 yard cushions and still beat like a drum.  Even on the few occasions a punt was forced, it was due to the Seattle O shooting themselves in the foot. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

In fairness the offense did little to help the defense in the middle two quarters of the game. In fact the offense was piss poor in those two quarters. Yes the defense lost the game in the end. But the offense was not good. Howell had 3 completed passes to WR's before the last 2 drives. The running game is laughably bad. EB is not a special offensive mind. I think that much is clear. 

Oh I’m not thinking hes the next coming of Bill Walsh - or even Andy Reid. But outside of a couple of clunkers hes done a decent job IMO. The game plan and play calling against the Giants was possible the worst I’ve seen in my (long) time as a fan of this team. But he finally adjusted after that game, learned that he had to coach around the O’line and found a formula that works - quick game, screens and the occasional shot.

We just don’t block well enough to run with any consistency. You could argue its hard to develop a run game if you only run a handful of times a game, I’d counter with its hard to keep calling runs when it almost always puts you behind the sticks. Short pass are replacing runs and I’m personally good with that.

The O’line limits what we do offensively so much. It makes what Sam is doing after 11 starts even more impressive. 

Of course many of us spent the whole offseason saying the O’line would limit us offensively so its not like no one saw that coming.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 4

1 minute ago, Daniel.redskins said:

I don't trust Ron to draft anybody. 

Thats extremely unlikely to be a problem.

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I’m actually concerned about him.

Rons going to get paid $8.5M next season not to coach here. He will struggle through that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

I’m actually concerned about him.

I’ve thought about it every now and then. He had a Zornish vacuous look at times during the game like he’s perpetually confused and his off the field comments come off ditto 

I didn’t get that same vibe before this year but this season he looks like he’s out of his depth 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Conn said:

Breeland-type behavior. It’s a common mediocre CB archetype unfortunately 

I was thinking the same thing... gonna post that the Day After thread.  That St Juuuuce has the bad attitude/entitlement vibe as Bree.  But bree gone got himself that SB trophy.  ugh

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Thats extremely unlikely to be a problem.

+1. He if wasn't done after losing to the 🐻 and the Giants and after the same garbage excuses about youth and a young QB. Today would have been another sign. His post-game about too much time left to go for 2. Take the actual going for it out of the situation. The time would have been the same after an XP or 2pt attempt. What he said made no sense. That's now how time works. 

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just look what a new coach can do.

Houston has been a joke going thru 3 coaches last 3 years but they got it right this year and are currently the 7th seed in AFC. They are ahead of  Buffalo and Cincy, whom they beeat today.

Indy is 5-5 and 10th place.

Get the right coach and gm next year and the turnaround can happen.

Hitting on a QB probably had something to do with the turnaround as well

• Thumb up 1

Just now, @DCGoldPants said:

+1. He if wasn't done after losing to the 🐻 and the Giants and after the same garbage excuses about youth and a young QB. Today would have been another sign. His post-game about too much time left to go for 2. Take the actual going for it out of the situation. The time would have been the same after an XP or 2pt attempt. What he said made no sense. That's now how time works. 

I wouldn’t have gone for 2 either tbf - but you are right his reason for not going for it was nonsense.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hitting on a QB probably had something to do with the turnaround as well

It very much looks like we have hit on a QB as well. Maybe not one with the ceiling of Stroud but one very much good enough to win double digit games if you pair him with a defense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve thought about it every now and then. He had a Zornish vacuous look at times during the game like he’s perpetually confused and his off the field comments come off ditto 

I didn’t get that same vibe before this year but this season he looks like he’s out of his depth 

The non-sensical responses have gotten worse. I typically give coaches a long leash, but he seems to be deteriorating. He's been through a lot the last couple of years, it's time for him to retire.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, petey hodge said:

Living in seattle... I can hear on the TV in the other room, they're interviewing Pete Carroll on the local FOX affiliate post-game.  He's excited about how his team showed out despite awful clock management from their end.  I'm still gonna barf!

I’ve never liked Pete Carrol or his teams. Nothing logical about that - he just irritates me.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Oh I’m not thinking hes the next coming of Bill Walsh - or even Andy Reid. But outside of a couple of clunkers hes done a decent job IMO. The game plan and play calling against the Giants was possible the worst I’ve seen in my (long) time as a fan of this team. But he finally adjusted after that game, learned that he had to coach around the O’line and found a formula that works - quick game, screens and the occasional shot.

We just don’t block well enough to run with any consistency. You could argue its hard to develop a run game if you only run a handful of times a game, I’d counter with its hard to keep calling runs when it almost always puts you behind the sticks. Short pass are replacing runs and I’m personally good with that.

The O’line limits what we do offensively so much. It makes what Sam is doing after 11 starts even more impressive. 

Of course many of us spent the whole offseason saying the O’line would limit us offensively so its not like no one saw that coming.

The thing is, even with all of the limitations, including a 23 year old first year QB, an OL that clearly has significant issues, an “ok” primary TE, the offense is still averaging more then 20 ppg, and has scored 20+ in all but 2 games.  

That’s not terrible.  

It could be a lot worse.  I’m honestly not sure how much better it would be with a different OC. The personnel limitations are real.  You can work around them to an extent.  But not forever.  

• Like 1