Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

The color guy talking about Howell being able to fit balls into those tight windows was nice to hear about our QB. We’ve known it’s true when Howell’s ripping it with confidence, but people are starting to notice which is cool 

• Like 1

Here's an EB criticism:  I think he rushes a bit when he gets into the nebulous 30 to 10 yards territory.  Instead of sticking with quick game and runs to pick up first downs, he starts taking shots at the end zone.  

Granted, that could also be Howell. 

They need to relax a bit and just stick with the normal offense a bit more

• Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Here's an EB criticism:  I think he rushes a bit when he gets into the nebulous 30 to 10 yards territory.  Instead of sticking with quick game and runs to pick up first downs, he starts taking shots at the end zone.  

Granted, that could also be Howell. 

They need to relax a bit and just stick with the normal offense a bit more

Red zone playcalling not great today. No need to force low % back of end zone throws. Wasnt even goal to go. Can still work the whole field

Between the obviously bad call on the sack and the non-call on the obvious hold on Thomas (I mean, when the shirt stretches that far, it's a hold guys....) the officiating has been bad and one-sided.

No, I don't think it's a conspiracy.  I think it's impossible to officiate NFL games, and the luck today (and last week) is the calls are going against us.  

But that doesn't make it less aggrivating.  

• Like 1