Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This is why Josh needs to have some people working behind the scenes and have some presence in that FO.  You can't waste away opportunity because Ron and the Marty's still think they can win games.  This is going to be frustrating if we sit on these players and let the trade deadline pass.  The opportunity is now and the new ownership should have known this scenario could take place, they knew they were buying a below average team.

Tbf, his group took control over the team in late July.  The make up of the team, including the FO and the coaching stuff is done at that point.  It would scream dysfunctional for the ownership to inject a shadow FO figure so late in the offseason (one with enough power to essentially override Rivera and force him to trade players). 

This season is a punt.  We all knew Rivera wasn't the guy and that his future in DC is non-existent and I'm sure Harris and his group felt similarly.  Unfortunately, they got in too late to do anything about it.  It is what it is.  Let Rivera continue the clown show till end of the season and then hire a new GM who can come in, clean house, and start the rebuild process.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

That’s perhaps the sensible reaction, removing emotion.

However, I’m quite certain you would have been thrilled- like all of us- with a Commander victory today over the Eagles. That’s why we do this, once a week.

Emotional high after a win is true, but I know the smart thing is to lose games but play well while you lose and today we did that.

I want that top pick because it either means you get the top QB or you trade it for 3 #1s and now you have 2 first round picks for the next three years.

Not a definitive plan for success but these wins are meaningless, the team isn’t good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Tbf, his group took control over the team in late July.  The make up of the team, including the FO and the coaching stuff is done at that point.  It would scream dysfunctional for the ownership to inject a shadow FO figure so late in the offseason (one with enough power to essentially override Rivera and force him to trade players). 

This season is a punt.  We all knew Rivera wasn't the guy and that his future in DC is non-existent and I'm sure Harris and his group felt similarly.  Unfortunately, they got in too late to do anything about it.  It is what it is.  Let Rivera continue the clown show till end of the season and then hire a new GM who can come in, clean house, and start the rebuild process.

Really nothing stopping him from finding and hiring his GM now. Unless he is waiting to interview someone from another team. 

Just now, purbeast said:

He did until that pick he threw.

You simply cannot make that throw at that time in the game.

He's basically a rookie being asked to do more than pretty much any QB in the league when it comes to number of drop backs. I'll cut him some slack.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1