Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You of all people who on a dime years after Jay left would write an encyclopedia trashing Jay including some not that long ago -- would have issues with a little trashing of Ron less than 6 months after he's gone is very ironic. 

I typically only bring up Jay when some damn fool quotes him as a source of truth or subject matter expert.  Then I feel obligated to educate the masses that Jay is stupid dumbass moron bad coach.

But I have turned over a bit of a new leaf.  I am restraining myself more, because Jay is gone.  Ron is gone.  Dan is gone.  Bruce is gone.  

They're all gone.

So it's time to leave the past in the past.

And just so we're clear, if ANYBODY put Ron up as a subject matter expert, I'd crush him also.  And if the idiotic DC media tried to put Ron through the car wash and give him an image rehabilitation, I'd call them insane for that just like I call them insane for the shine job they are doing on Jay.  The only coach who's been here since 1982 who anybody should listen to about anything is Gibbs.  Well, and Marty.  But unless you can converse with the dead, Marty would be hard to interview at this point.  

Mike Shanahan was on Sheehan's show moons ago and kept on talking about Casey Keenum.  It's not Casey.  It's Case.  He couldn't even get the name of the player he was talking about right.  Though, if there was one coach who's coached here other than Gibbs who is alive who's opinion is worth something, it is Mike Shanahan. While his record here was deplorable, he did win 2 SBs before he got here.  And that does count for something.  Though that was close to 30 years ago now. I know Sheehan used to have Mike on pretty regularly.  I'm not sure if he still does or not.  I also don't know if Mike is quite as orange as he used to be....

• Thanks 1

So glad to not be a laughingstock anymore. 

The Patriots hired Mayo without a real hiring process—he was Kraft’s choice all along. Joke of an owner dragged along by Brady and Belichick, spends this entire offseason smearing Belichick just to hire another “Patriot’s Way” sycophant (but one who will kiss his ass) with no real competition for the job. 

Drafts a franchise QB with Mayo and Eliot Wolf (not given the GM title) making the decisions.

After the draft, with a coaching staff and a rookie franchise QB already chosen…now Kraft is holding interviews for a GM. 

What? 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But I have turned over a bit of a new leaf.  I am restraining myself more, because Jay is gone.  Ron is gone.  Dan is gone.  Bruce is gone.  

OK, will see how it goes with restraining yourself.  Your enemies list :ols: is more memorable than most because you hit the same people-outfits year after year:  Jay, Chris Russell, PFF, Chris Collinsworth, Thor, the WP, etc. 

But if you are letting it all go, cool. 

For me I do find the before and after to still feel fresh.  Peters-Josh-Quinn -- this combination is about 5 months old.    And the contrast to what they took over remains relevant.  It's far from just a thing here.  It's a national and local plot line.   It's not the central plotline but its definitely a sidebar for now.  Just today alone, Logan referenced it.  Sharp referenced, it.   

If you don't like the apples to apples takes of how things are changing its cool.  But apples to apples when the change is fresh many indeed find relevant.  A new GM, a new HC and heck even Ron piping in about things makes the whole topic intertwined to some extent. 

And for you, you went on years on Jay well past he was gone.  This is a heck of a lot more fresh and current than the way you approached the Jay conversation.  Am not saying there is a right or wrong to this.  But I never think one person here can say for everyone this topic isn't relevant so lets not discuss it.   I get that you are restraining yourself, that's cool.  But we are all on our different trips.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Conn said:

The Patriots hired Mayo without a real hiring process—he was Kraft’s choice all along. Joke of an owner dragged along by Brady and Belichick, spends this entire offseason smearing Belichick just to hire another “Patriot’s Way” sycophant (but one who will kiss his ass) with no real competition for the job. 

Drafts a franchise QB with Mayo and Eliot Wolf (not given the GM title) making the decisions.

After the draft, with a coaching staff and a rookie franchise QB already chosen…now Kraft is holding interviews for a GM. 

What? 

YES! And yes please to hiring another away from Philly! 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Conn said:

What? 

When Mayo got a contract extension as an assistant, it was written into his contract that he would be promoted to head coach when BB retired.  Since he was a minority, the nfl allowed this and the Pats didn’t have to interview anyone else. If he was white, it wouldn’t have been allowed.

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Most likely Hurney/Mayhew this is the season to revamp the scouting department. 

Mayhew is a Peters buddy. He will stick unless we find him a ‘better’ gig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Mayhew is a Peters buddy. He will stick unless we find him a ‘better’ gig.

How about SF?

To be honest, I want to see a bunch of new talent in the scouting office and more scouts. I thought we had one of the most short-staffed scouting depts in the NFL under Snyder.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Most likely Hurney/Mayhew this is the season to revamp the scouting department. 

Mayhew isn't going anywhere.   He is a Peter's guy and he wasn't the problem with Dufus Ron in charge.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

I expect a big exodus now that the draft has ended and the scout hiring/firing season has begun.

With what our recent drafts have failed to produce, AP could do a clean sweep of everybody, and I wouldn't complain.

In with the good air, out with the bad.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I expect a big exodus now that the draft has ended and the scout hiring/firing season has begun.

With what our recent drafts have failed to produce, AP could do a clean sweep of everybody, and I wouldn't complain.

In with the good air, out with the bad.

I want us to invest $$$ in the scouting dept. So important. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

I want us to invest $$$ in the scouting dept. So important. 

I'm wondering if AP will hire a few 49ers scouts ? I found a scout movement tracker but it hasn't been updated.

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

I'm wondering if AP will hire a few 49ers scouts ? I found a scout movement tracker but it hasn't been updated.

His long rooted experience with scouting through the years and organization affiliations leads me to think he will bring in scouting talent from all over the NFL. I already can't wait to see how next years FA and draft plays out!!! Oops, okay lets get through this year first :806:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, FrFan said:

Would love this.

Although at a minimum, I just want AP to stock the pipeline of scouts with young, hungry, smart guys who have a working comfort level with analytics and are all bought into what this FO is trying to establish.

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

His long rooted experience with scouting through the years and organization affiliations leads me to think he will bring in scouting talent from all over the NFL. I already can't wait to see how next years FA and draft plays out!!! Oops, okay lets get through this year first :806:

Same here, Mr. Winzit. 

Not only do I want him to source talent from throughout the NFL, I'm keen for us to finally invest in the scouting department. We need good quality, but we also need quantity.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were gonna be a flagship franchise again by 2027. Coinciding with the new stadium which will be the crown jewel of the league.

I'm seriously on cloud 9 right now....this is amazing!

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were gonna be a flagship franchise again by 2027. Coinciding with the new stadium which will be the crown jewel of the league.

4 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I'm seriously on cloud 9 right now....this is amazing!

I am excited too, more so than any time under the previous owner, but may want to let them actually play a few games!   lol.  

image.gif.b65f4f6a95f50f6912ab5b20d542e6d8.gif

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am excited too, more so than any time under the previous owner, but may want to let them actually play a few games!   lol.  

image.gif.b65f4f6a95f50f6912ab5b20d542e6d8.gif

True, but everything in this offseason has had a completely different vibe than in the past couple of decades.   We'll see how it translates on the field,  but I think it will.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A hobby of mine is reading about performance psychology.  This below is a classic technique.  What impresses me about it is aside from the tweet below, other signs for me about Quinn indicates he's a very deep thinker as to maximizing talent.

I think we might have a gem in Quinn.  Will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3