Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'm giving Harris a pass for those grades for now but improvements need to be made in a hurry if we're going to get anywhere. 

Yep, they should be looking at league average in 2024. Maybe 16-20 range.

edit - should be in new stadium thread really, bit of a derail going on in here…..

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

@Voice_of_Reason As we were saying, Screaming Idiot totally misses the point:

1. Russell is an idiot.

2. Thank the lord almighty we didn't get this guy.

3. He's stupid for telling everybody his strategy.

4. He an be as stubborn as he wants. But what he doesn't seem to realize, which is odd for an NFL play caller/newly frocked Head Coach, is if you're stubborn running the ball and you can't do it, you put yourself in known passing situations which elevates the pass rush. Running the ball effectively helps alleviates the pass rush.  Running it badly accentuates it.  

5. It's extremely possible he's blowing smoke and playing 3-dimensional chess and they come out in a blitzkrieg style offense and throw the ball 60 times a game. :P  

I think something all of us can agree on, even me who has the reputation of not loving the run game in general, in order to have a really good offense, you need to be able to do everything: run the ball well, complete short, medium, long passes at a good percentage, and stretch the field horizontally.  That's what creates balance.  If you only do one or two of those things well it will get shut down, whatever those things are.  

By being hyper-focused on running the ball, you better be very successful at it.  Or you're going to lose a lot of games 31-6 and get your QB killed.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think something all of us can agree on, even me who has the reputation of not loving the run game in general, in order to have a really good offense, you need to be able to do everything: run the ball well, complete short, medium, long passes at a good percentage, and stretch the field horizontally.  That's what creates balance.  If you only do one or two of those things well it will get shut down, whatever those things are.  

We saw the opposite this year--even when we were fairly successful when we did run the ball. Every time Russell speaks I just hear nails on the chalkboard.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We saw the opposite this year--even when we were fairly successful when we did run the ball. Every time Russell speaks I just hear nails on the chalkboard.

EB didn't have a feel for the game at all.  

But neither did Jay or Scott Turner.  Both were atrocious play callers, but went the opposite way: they ran the ball on first down ALL THE TIME for NO YARDS.  

We had 2 good play callers almost in a row: Kyle from 2010-2013.  Then when Jay was hired, he called plays in 2014, which was whatever, then McVay took over in 2015-2016. Which was pretty excellent most of the time.   

So for those 6 years, we had geniuses calling plays.  For every other year since ... 2008, we've had a moron. Zorn from 2008 and part of 2009, until Bingo Caller for the back half of 2009, then Jay, Scott Turner and EB.  

Gibbs/Saunders in 2004-2007 weren't bad.  Better than Jay, Scotty and EB.  

Before 2004, there was 2 years of Spurrier. Atrocious.

20001 was Marty.  Most basic offense ever: Hand the ball to Stephen Davis.  A Lot.  

And before that it was Norv.  Who was an outstanding play-caller ... when he wasn't the Head Coach. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I vote for "The Pine Barrens" as our new facility name...

Let these lazy reprobates know that the club med days are over.

Training camp's gonna be cold, tough, and hard hitting.

We've even hired a tough Russian "interior decorator" to personally handle any complainers.

Oh, and as for food-- tell the players to bring plenty of ketchup packets.

image.png.fba6bd799e19f0923c9cb04e9a947887.png

Mix it with the relish, though.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

This is just embarrassing all around, but the thing that disgusts and puzzles me the most for some reason was...

"Treatment of families: F-"

I'm generally a tolerant person, but don't you dare mess with my family. That's the kind of thing that creates life long, even generational, enmity.

What on earth was Snyder doing to the player's families to earn such a dishonorable distinction?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is just embarrassing all around, but the thing that disgusts and puzzles me the most for some reason was.

"Treatment of families: F-"

I'm generally a tolerant person, but don't you dare mess with my family. That's the kind of thing that creates life long, even generational, enmity.

What on earth was Snyder doing to the player's families to earn such a dishonorable distinction?

Tanya refused to set up diaper changing stations for the players wives, claiming it was too expensive and pointless because they were getting a new stadium soon.

So glad she got booed publicly. Those fans are heroes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

London Fletcher? He was 32 in his first season here.

@Voice_of_Reason

2014, Jason Hatcher was also 32. Started well, but declined over the season, and then further the next. Retired after just 2 years.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Tanya refused to set up diaper changing stations for the players wives, claiming it was too expensive and pointless because they were getting a new stadium soon.

I forgot about that...you could fill a book with the ways they pissed off everyone around them.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

She was so incredibly dumb. Just hearing her speak was laughable.

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I vote for "The Pine Barrens" as our new facility name...

Let these lazy reprobates know that the club med days are over.

Training camp's gonna be cold, tough, and hard hitting.

We've even hired a tough Russian "interior decorator" to personally handle any complainers.

Oh, and as for food-- tell the players to bring plenty of ketchup packets.

image.png.fba6bd799e19f0923c9cb04e9a947887.png

He was an interior decorator?  His house looked like ****.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Serious question. How many people would take a child of diaper wearing age into that cesspool of a stadium on gameday?

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Serious question. How many people would take a child of diaper wearing age into that cesspool of a stadium on gameday?

Most of these guys have short careers and young families. They want their kids to have seen them play even if it’s a pic in a diaper. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

London Fletcher? He was 32 in his first season here.

1 hour ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

@Voice_of_Reason

2014, Jason Hatcher was also 32. Started well, but declined over the season, and then further the next. Retired after just 2 years.

London Fletcher was ages ago and Jason Hatcher wasn’t a big dollar signing.

My point is, we haven’t thrown big money contracts to aging superstars since probably 2000 yet the way you hear people talk you would assume we sign every over the hill ex-probowler to a max contract every year. 

Because our media numb-nuts haven’t let go of 2000 yet.  

I hate our media. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

London Fletcher was ages ago and Jason Hatcher wasn’t a big dollar signing.

My point is, we haven’t thrown big money contracts to aging superstars since probably 2000 yet the way you hear people talk you would assume we sign every over the hill ex-probowler to a max contract every year. 

Because our media numb-nuts haven’t let go of 2000 yet.  

I hate our media. 

How about Josh Norman. The point of this exercise was that we've done a horrible job in free agency. We have to do better to turn things around.

25 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

How about Josh Norman. The point of this exercise was that we've done a horrible job in free agency. We have to do better to turn things around.

Right but that’s not what was originally stated which I responded to, which was we overpay for aging vets. 

Which we really haven’t don’t consistently on 20 years.  

The FAs we have signed have not worked out great for the most part.  But that’s not what I was responding to. 

I specifically was pointing out the lazy and factually incorrect narrative spoken into existence by our idiotic media which has reduced the intelligence of the fanbase.

If you want to just say “we haven’t done well in FA” then sure.  We haven’t.  But we also have been shopping at the bargain bin most of the time, with a couple exceptions like Norman, WJIII, that safety whose name I tried to forget.  But there were a few hits like Logan Thomas, JD McKissic, Charles Leno, etc.  

But the fact of the matter is we haven’t done a lot in FA.  We’ve built through the draft.  But we’ve drafted badly.  Bad combination. 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

F -.......is that even a grade? I always though F was as bad as it can get and now we have F-? 

So we got 3 F- and two F's......we're gonna need to start thinking about taking the GED.

• Haha 1

Bottom line, the Snyders never considered the fact that they were afforded a great privilege in owning an NFL franchise, and with that their responsibilities to properly steward that franchise.  Never thinking about the future when they are no longer the owners, or the team was passed down to their kids. For them it was a status thing.    

As it is Josh and company are now left to pick up the pieces, with the only benefit being they have the chance to do it all the right way.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1