Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i don’t expect DQ or KK to be on the team in 3 years. Neither are good hires to me

You'd really rather have the wood chipper, though?

Edited by NickyJ

I saw the tweet about Samuels maybe being a fit in Kingsbury's bubble screens etc.

Dyami Brown could do those routes too, and it would be easy to pick up a mid round WR with speed that can do that also.

I have found a certain USC WR particularly interesting, not just because of his pedigree

As for LB There are three I really like, and they might be there in late 2nd or mid 3rd round:  Edgerrin Cooper TX A&M, Jeremiah Trotter JR Clemson, and Cedric Gray (UNC)  Trotter's highlight reel is not as exciting to me as the other two, Gray showed incredible athleticism on several plays in the Senior bowl or East west Shrine Bowl....

But Coooper, man that guy has tape showing him as a spy, a pass rusher, and incredibly physical tackler.   I'd love to see him on this team.

29 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect your general manager, whose only job is to hire, fire, and stack coins in the counting room, to give speeches that rival the Gettysburg address. If he isn't going to entertain me with disastrous free agent deals, botched trades, and leaked emails, he needs to entertain me as an orator.

Hark! Fair citizens, noble brethren of this gridiron realm,

Attend, I pray, to words of import from mine lips,

For 'tis with earnest zeal and fervent heart that I stand

Before thee as steward of this noble franchise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I was fine with the Kelly rumors to us when Kingsbury was supposed to be going to the Raiders. But once he became available he is a far better hire imo. Seahawks got their guy in Macdonald. But there is no guarantee he will succeed as a first time HC either. 

no but McD is a much more dynamic and ceiling raising hire than Quinn. If you hit on McD, you have a defensive version of Sean McVay. If you hit on Quinn…you have a potential playoff team with a pretty good defense I guess? 

and chip Kelly has created innovative offenses before. I trust him way more than I do KK. People were complaining about KK having Hopkins run 3 routes every game a couple years ago and fighting with Murray all the time. I don’t see offensive genius anywhere. 

im more pessimistic than most on this team but these hires kinda sucked all the wind out of the sails I had with the new regime 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 3

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no but McD is a much more dynamic and ceiling raising hire than Quinn. If you hit on McD, you have a defensive version of Sean McVay. If you hit on Quinn…you have a potential playoff team with a pretty good defense I guess? 

and chip Kelly has created innovative offenses before. I trust him way more than I do KK. People were complaining about KK having Hopkins run 3 routes every game a couple years ago and fighting with Murray all the time. I don’t see offensive genius anywhere. 

im more pessimistic than most on this team but these hires kinda sucked all the wind out of the sails I had with the new regime 

Yeah, I'm probably less pessimistic than you are (just because I don't care that much, I have small children, I care about them a lot) but I agree. It's amazing that from the beginning, I said go get MacDonald as long as no one was gainsaying his capabilities because of the impact he had on the Michigan program, that he had a hand in reshaping that organization and he had a great defense this year and it was how he (and Minter) went about disguising coverages, stopping high powered offenses that made me think he had to be the one to pick (over Ben Johnson.) So it seems clear that Peters and Co. went about this deliberately but that lack of quick-decision making to take a gamble on a potentially great hire, gets them a good retread hire.

You all are going to hate to hear this, but that sort of slow movement and inability to recognize talent without having to first "interview" it, reminds me of Snyder's regime. They had multiple insiders (and analysts) signing Kyle and McVay's team. I think LeFleur and McDaniel were still a bit too young in their careers at the time, but Kyle and Sean McVay? I think I openly called for us to fire Gruden and hire McVay if we were moving on.  

So this is now twice when Ghost would have been the one making the better decision than the team (whoever it is).  I'm not even the gutsiest person in the world but these were easy decisions for me. If I could see it from a distance (and with relative disconnect related to recent years), how the hell could this organization not? Even if you think MacDonald wasn't the most charismatic, you let him go and get (or help him) the assistant HC-Offense and firebrand position coaches.

8 minutes ago, FrFan said:

The smell of de-feet

Here comes Rex running by our sideline after halftime. The agony of defeet, indeed. Yep we are going to be running all over his distracted fat ass.

image.gif.8c2e938e35fccab1bb84cd50d641dcdb.gif

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Wow, EB was Helping KC out while still under contract technically with Washington? 

Did he have permission to do this?

Not that any of us care, but *cough* tampering?

Pretty sure he was canned.

Just now, Veretax said:

Wow, EB was Helping KC out while still under contract technically with Washington? 

Did he have permission to do this?

Not that any of us care, but *cough* tampering?

If he bring them the kind of help he brought us, Hail to Kyle and Trent ! :815:

38 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Breaking news: there will be news in the future about things you knew would be happening in the near future. Stay tuned.

Note - not trying to shoot the messenger here, just poking fun at the news in general 

🤪 I really left myself open to that. Good one.

No harm, after all...

"If you can't laugh at yourself you shouldn't laugh at others."

---The last recorded words of John Merrick, The Elephant Man*

XXXXX

For the record, I posted the message out of a feeling of obligation to the forum. 

Yesterday someone asked a general question on what the timetable for future coaching hires might be.

I suggested that we probably wouldn't hear anything else this week, because of the Super Bowl, and I further speculated that by next Friday we should have 80 to 90% of our staff hired. 

When I heard Keim give a different time table, with a completion point, I felt obligated to post his correction for the benefit of the forum.

XXX

*OK, you got me, John Merrick didn't actuallu say that but it sure would have been very poignant if he did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I was going to say I hope our cheerleaders are barefoot when we play Dallas so Rex becomes a hot mess

Wasn't Dallas coach McCarthy also accused of having a foot fetish? Wouldn't that be weird if an NFL team had a head coach and DC with same foot fetish? Would they be game planning or sharing foot pics all day long?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Wasn't Dallas coach McCarthy also accused of having a foot fetish? Wouldn't that be weird if an NFL team had a head coach and DC with same foot fetish? Would they be game planning or sharing foot pics all day long?

Could you imagine the Bang Cartoon spoof that would result from that?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I saw the tweet about Samuels maybe being a fit in Kingsbury's bubble screens etc.

Dyami Brown could do those routes too, and it would be easy to pick up a mid round WR with speed that can do that also.

Dyami is a nightmare fit for that role imo. Bad. He’s a non-speedy straight line “deep threat” (not really). It’s why he’s never developed, he doesn’t win anywhere. He’s not agile or explosive enough in the short game and he’s not fast or technical enough (and doesn’t have good enough hands) for the deep game. Dyami is not a guy I want to rely on for YAC

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

Dyami is a nightmare fit for that role imo. Bad. He’s a non-speedy straight line “deep threat” (not really). It’s why he’s never developed, he doesn’t win anywhere. He’s not agile or explosive enough in the short game and he’s not fast or technical enough (and doesn’t have good enough hands) for the deep game. Dyami is not a guy I want to rely on for YAC

I don't know if this is true, It felt like Sam was missing or had so little time this year that after choiecs 1 and 2 it was not clear if he was seeing his other reeds on many plays.  And yet he still needed a 17th game to help Terry to 1000 yards. 🤦‍♂️