Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Joe Whitt is undeserving of a promotion and a role on this coaching staff because he's worked with Dan Quinn for 4 years and he's not "innovative" enough? 

a.) How do you know he's not innovative?

b.) Which available defensive coordinator candidate is more innovative?

c.) Are NFL coordinators hired strictly because they are "innovative"? 

d.) What does "innovative" mean in this context?

e.) Should head coaches hire their coordinators from a pool of people they've never worked with?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Ron Rivera is available. Should've given him a shot!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Harris looked tired 😂

Peters still somewhat nervous in front of the press IMO,

Quinn outright full on, thought he was fantastic.

Harris always looks tired....Peters is still pretty young so obviously he's a little nervous.

But Dan Quinn....I'm excited about.  He looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin and he has great energy.

image.thumb.png.f3f137d7153aa70502461fdf0ebd4d8e.png

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, ST_DaGoat21 said:

That’s cute.  Tim Hasselbeck, who actually has played Qb in the league and watched the film on the QBs, thinks Maye is the best Qb in the draft and one of the best Qb prospects he has have seen. 

And when another former QB says the exact same thing about Williams, then what? Because I've heard multiple people say that Williams is one of the best QB prospects since Manning. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

I have a feeling people would still be yelling at each other here if we somehow managed to win a Superbowl. 

Geeesh

Well, my wife likes to say to me, I'm not yelling. I'm Italian. 😁

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What team in our division has a better coaching set up: HC, OC, DC than we do?

Tough one. I think our OC is still a question mark to me due to his small NFL sample size. I’d say the giants are maybe the closest? 

18 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

And when another former QB says the exact same thing about Williams, then what? Because I've heard multiple people say that Williams is one of the best QB prospects since Manning. 

I like Caleb too, but Caleb is going #1.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Tough one. I think our OC is still a question mark to me due to his small NFL sample size. I’d say the giants are maybe the closest? 

The Giants don’t have a DC, and it seems like they are having a tough time filling it.

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The Giants don’t have a DC, and it seems like they are having a tough time filling it.

I believe they hired the titans DC. He’s on the younger unproven side at 37, but as I said I think our OC is still a little unproven in that regard.

https://sny.tv/articles/giants-hiring-shane-bowen-new-defensive-coordinator

https://nypost.com/2024/02/05/sports/giants-hiring-shane-bowen-as-new-defensive-coordinator/amp/

Edited by mh86
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Stoox said:

Joe Whitt is undeserving of a promotion and a role on this coaching staff because he's worked with Dan Quinn for 4 years and he's not "innovative" enough? 

a.) How do you know he's not innovative?

b.) Which available defensive coordinator candidate is more innovative?

c.) Are NFL coordinators hired strictly because they are "innovative"? 

d.) What does "innovative" mean in this context?

e.) Should head coaches hire their coordinators from a pool of people they've never worked with?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I’m not saying he is undeserving, I said he’s technically a nepotistic hire. Meaning he got the job based partly on his previous relationship with the head coach and he’s potentially a good coach. 

a.)  I dont know how innovative he is or  isn’t, he’s never had complete control of the defense before 

b.) no way to know, that’s what interviews should be for and what I expected since the nfl prevents lateral moves. So it’s either another Del Rio coordinator off the street or an up and coming assistant 

c.) immeasurable. Hires happen for all sorts of reasons some virtuous some nefarious. Some scheme some relationship. 

d.) innovative to me is current nfl trends that work. Anti Ron Rivera with busted coverages would be nice. A disciple from Cleveland or Baltimore tops my list. Quinn is a top notch defensive mind so Whitt may be an awesome protégé.

e.) that’s the million dollar question. Person you  trust or unknown quantity that may transform your team like Slowick in Houston.  Again, that’s what interviews are for.  

It’s not a cut and dry answer, it’s complicated. There’s a line that’s kinda fuzzy, I’m just talking about it.  Guess that makes me the bad guy tonight…

38 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Harris always looks tired....Peters is still pretty young so obviously he's a little nervous.

But Dan Quinn....I'm excited about.  He looks like Stone Cold Steve Austin and he has great energy.

image.thumb.png.f3f137d7153aa70502461fdf0ebd4d8e.png

Quinn is definitely going to bring it like he did in Dal@ss and their players loved him.  Here's hoping it translates here.  No more stoic BS on the sidelines like we've been used to

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Harris should be tired....he's had to work non-stop finding a GM and head coach and he just lost Joel Embiid for a couple of months. He could use a Robert Kraft type trip to relax. 

• Haha 4

It’s a small thing, and probably meaningless, but I loved the fact Quinn actually stood most of the time when he was calling plays from the coach’s box in Dallas.  Not because he had to, a chair was provided.  Not because it was motivating anybody, his players couldn’t see him.  But he is high energy and was excited and stood in the box. 

It’s meaningless, but I haven’t seen a lot of coaches do that, and it stuck with me, and I liked it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s a small thing, and probably meaningless, but I loved the fact Quinn actually stood most of the time when he was calling plays from the coach’s box in Dallas.  Not because he had to, a chair was provided.  Not because it was motivating anybody, his players couldn’t see him.  But he is high energy and was excited and stood in the box. 

It’s meaningless, but I haven’t seen a lot of coaches do that, and it stuck with me, and I liked it.  

hemorrhoids

• Haha 13

My big takeaway from the presser is that Quinn's biggest thing was the marriage between HC and GM (and ownership).

He wasn't as focused on cap space or draft positioning as he was finding the right fit with ownership and the HC-GM partnership that he hoped would endure for 20 years in building a consistent contender.

He mentioned the Bob Myers-Steve Kerr relationship and said he's friends w/ Kerr and obviously got to know Myers through this process & that was the standard.

As for how that works in practice, he mentioned having a very specific vision for how to use players that Peters is considering acquiring. This is huge! Hopefully gone are the days of WJ3 being dropped into a zone scheme and other cases of horrendous personnel usage.

I also like his commitment to not being spread too thin after Rivera was in way over his head with too much responsibility.

Time will tell whether this group of individuals can climb the mountain, but conceptually, I like what I heard. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Harris should be tired....he's had to work non-stop finding a GM and head coach and he just lost Joel Embiid for a couple of months. He could use a Robert Kraft type trip to relax. 

In all seriousness, Harris probably pulls 80-90 hour weeks, and probably has for the better part of 40 years.  

I’m sure he takes good care of himself by working in the best environments, but my guy has a lot going on.  

• Like 2

Watching Undisputed, Keyshawn, Skip, and Sherman basically said Drake Maye sucks. They all seemed to think that he wasn't even close to one of the top QBs in this draft. Also Skip basically said that he has never even heard of Whitt Jr and he is one of the biggest Cowboys fans in the history of this planet! So I am not sure what to take from that.

17 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I believe they hired the titans DC. He’s on the younger unproven side at 37, but as I said I think our OC is still a little unproven in that regard.

https://sny.tv/articles/giants-hiring-shane-bowen-new-defensive-coordinator

https://nypost.com/2024/02/05/sports/giants-hiring-shane-bowen-as-new-defensive-coordinator/amp/

Oh snap. That’s an excellent hire. He’s the guy I wanted before Quinn was hired.

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

e.) that’s the million dollar question. Person you  trust or unknown quantity that may transform your team like Slowick in Houston.  Again, that’s what interviews are for.  

You arent aware that Slowik worked with Demeco Ryans in SF are you? LOL. You just argued against yourself!!!!!!

Gotta love morons!

• Thumb down 2