Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, RWJ said:
What is the hardest position to play on the offensive line in the Air Raid Offense?

Other than quarterback, the hardest position to play is Left Tackle. Others have covered it, but if you notice a lot of good teams they have a stellar left tackle. They have to be quick and strong to block some of the best pass rushers in the NFL.

Can you take a break for a while? 

Out of a sense of fairness I will do the same. I’ve been a little harsh on you lately. It’s only fair that I’m willing to do what I ask others to do. 

Hit the showers 

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I do think there’s a ton of smoke / coincidence building here…

• We hire the GM candidate who was willing to give away major assets to trade up for Trey Lance. He was reportedly enamored with Lance as a prospect.
  • Ben Johnson (a perfect fit for Drake Maye) puts out his spin saying Washington’s ownership is full of basketball guys who basically think they’re smarter than they are. Did we indicate we weren’t high on Maye and was that what truly changed Johnson’s mind about coming here?
  • Caleb’s team puts out additional smoke they don’t want him to play in Chicago 
  • Kingsbury backs out of his agreement with the Raiders for a chance to come here
  • We hire Kingsbury, which is self-explanatory 

I don’t know.  A lot of this is just based on speculation, but I would now be a lot less shocked if we traded up to #1 than I would have been even a few days ago. 

Way too much conjecture

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I do think there’s a ton of smoke / coincidence building here…

I don't think it has to go much farther than:

-Guy w/ a dump truck load full of XP working with talented young QBs suddenly becomes available.

-Team that is 99.989% likely to draft a young talented QB probably massively desires that XP and jumped at the opportunity to get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don’t like the Kingsbury hire. Dude is meh personified.

Feels kinda like a rag/tag, thrown together staff. 

Excited for the draft to see which way we go. I still don’t think we move for Caleb. 

Kliff is a good hire, I dont think you will be saying "meh" on Sundays, but we shall see.  A lot will hinge on the QB but I am very optimistic about this hire. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Way too much conjecture

Yeah, I’m aware. There’s just enough smoke out there now for me to not be shocked if a trade up occurs.  

Still think it’s a less than 50% chance, and I’m not trying to convince anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

quinn's decline coincided with his requests that were granted in Atlanta for more power

if he strictly sticks to being a head coach he should be fine

I don't remember who I heard say it but the best line I've heard come out of this past week is: 

"We've hired a football coach to coach football".

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, illone said:

Kliff is a good hire, I dont think you will be saying "meh" on Sundays, but we shall see.  A lot will hinge on the QB but I am very optimistic about this hire. 

We have the opposite opinion on pretty much everything so let’s hope you’re right here. 😆

59 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm laughing so hard, Rabid.  Let me try and do you one better.  Doe this work?  

Fantastic song though thing it was a Stills only joint before CSN and CSNY.  Still love CNY as they have one of the best harmonies of all time and love the backstory of them meeting at Mama Cass's house (though there memories differ).  Other classic harmonic icons ofc are the beach boys and Beatles as top two.

Sorry for all off topic but JC we've been awaiting and speculating concrete news for days...apologies

I put a post out that the Air Raid O needs to have a strong mobile Left Tackle.  FA doesn't have any available that are young, so we probably need to draft one. We have to get one in the top15 more than likely which means trading our highest 2nd and 3rd rounders and maybe our 4th or a pick next year or a player or a trade.  Plus, we need a mobile RT too.  Wow. Rome wasn't built in a year but it's going to be fun.  

• Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

"Joe Whitt was set to interview with the Cowboys on Monday. But he is not taking the chance in being one of four candidates when he is the guy for Washington"

Wowzeee, wow, wow!!!

When is the last time you heard feel good **** like that said non-sarcasticly about our team vs one of the true marquee teams in the league.

Somebody actually chose a date with us over someone else!!??

Maybe our ugly duckling days are nearing an end.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6

Just now, CommanderInTheRye said:

"Joe Whitt was set to interview with the Cowboys on Monday. But he is not taking the chance in being one of four candidates when he is the guy for Washington"

Wowzeee, wow, wow!!!

When is the last time you heard feel good **** like that said non-sarcasticly about our team vs one of the true marquee teams in the league.

Somebody actually chose a date with us over someone else.

Maybe our ugly duckling days are nearing an end.

Smart, talented, qualified people wanna work here. 

Its really quite amazing.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Fantastic song though thing it was a Stills only joint before CSN and CSNY.  Still love CNY as they have one of the best harmonies of all time and love the backstory of them meeting at Mama Cass's house (though there memories differ).  Other classic harmonic icons ofc are the beach boys and Beatles as top two.

Sorry for all off topic but JC we've been awaiting and speculating concrete news for days...apologies

None needed.  Off topic, wife and I saw them twice.  At the Igloo in PA and also at an outside acoustic amphitheater.  They were fabulous both times, Rabid!  Man!  Now, onto the Commanders. :) 

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Let's throw fuel on the fire

Might be his dawg but it won't be his OC.  I'm telling ya.  

Edited by RWJ

20 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I don't remember who I heard say it but the best line I've heard come out of this past week is: 

"We've hired a football coach to coach football".

Thanks.

It was in my Magic Johnson makes announcement on the coaching search parody.

• Like 3

I have to do more research on Kingsbury. My initial thoughts are more damning on Kyler than him. I feel like Kyler does not see the field well for that offense. I prefer more of the Shanahan/ Ben Johnson type offense of run well and work play action shots off that. 

• Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I predict that for the first time in almost 15 years, we open up vs. the Cowboys. 

Thursday or Sunday Night Football! 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1