Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Did @Skinsinparadise or anyone else watch the interview between Logan Paulson and Adam Peters that’s in the Commanders Dan Quinn Welcome video? 

When Logan asked Adam about the process for hiring Quinn’s staff his answer sounded like a confirmation to me that Quinn had a staff list, but it is also being supplemented by others/Adam in a collaborative process. 

It made me think of Keims cadence and tone when talking about Chip Kelly being in the mix but probably not the ultimate hire. I wonder if guys like Fleury were added to the list by Adam but still mutually agreeable with Quinn given the shared connection to Kyle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I just saw that Ken zampese signed with the falcons as a lateral move, he has the same title with the falcons.

Was he not under contract anymore?

Did we just decide to let him go?

Not that I care all that much but i was under the impression that we were still in wait and see mode to figure out who the new staff might want to keep.

My guess is we allowed people to explore opportunities if they became available. 

12 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I can only think of one reason to talk to canada. And that would be to get his Insight in the development of a Young quarterback can perhaps hear about his experiences with Kenny Pickett. Perhaps hear what he thinks they did wrong or could have done better what he would do better if he would give any opportunity at another job with a rookie quarterback. I think you could get an honest answer out? of the guy and it might be valuable and you never know he might convince you he's the guy. I think they're a better candidates clearly even though why not after all quit has only been in the head coach well has he even been officially announced yet no it's tomorrow so what are we talking about here?

They aren’t talking to Canada. It was a made up rumor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Obviously, I love Doug’s contribution as a player here.  Great story, all that.

But that’s where it ends and always should have ended.  Fairly or unfairly, he’s a Bruce Allen guy to me and hard for me to care much for his opinion on much of anything.

I’m kid of hoping Harris gives him a package and a send off and let’s him ride off into the sunset.

11 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Did @Skinsinparadise or anyone else watch the interview between Logan Paulson and Adam Peters that’s in the Commanders Dan Quinn Welcome video? 

When Logan asked Adam about the process for hiring Quinn’s staff his answer sounded like a confirmation to me that Quinn had a staff list, but it is also being supplemented by others/Adam in a collaborative process. 

It made me think of Keims cadence and tone when talking about Chip Kelly being in the mix but probably not the ultimate hire. I wonder if guys like Fleury were added to the list by Adam but still mutually agreeable with Quinn given the shared connection to Kyle. 

I did.  The exact words Peters used was “Hiring plan.”  He also said he would help use his connections, basically as necessary.

It feels to me like it’s going to be a partnership between Quinn and Peters.  And that’s good.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He’s like that dude everyone is afraid to send packing because he won a Super Bowl here.

I bet if Riggins showed up and didn't want to leave they'd call security.  :ols:

• Haha 9

Again, aren't we supposed to trust Josh and his group? I'm sure they've properly vetted everyone remaining in the building by now and have reasons for keeping people around. 

Anyway, the Zimmer news is fantastic, but I still hope Ron gets that gig.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Again, aren't we supposed to trust Josh and his group? I'm sure they've properly vetted everyone remaining in the building by now and have reasons for keeping people around. 

You mean and not have absurd opinions, backed by literal ignorance that we climb silly hills to die on? Nuts to that.

ZMXgPY.gif.903bfb8c787c70e24efaac28d6fb0278.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

We are supposed to trust Quinn. It’s his staff. Peters can give input and maybe Josh gives a rubber stamp but it’s entirely Quinn’s call. If it’s not, they aren’t setting him up for success. 

• Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Cowboys.  :ols:

the end is nigh

I always liked Zimmer as a coach and thought he was the better candidate than Jay off that Cincy staff.

But if Dallas’s candidates to replace Quinn are Zimmer and Ron, damn, that’s a tough look for them.  

• Like 4

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

We are supposed to trust Quinn. It’s his staff. Peters can give input and maybe Josh gives a rubber stamp but it’s entirely Quinn’s call. If it’s not, they aren’t setting him up for success. 

Agreed, my argument was for people going on about Douglas Williams. Like, who gives a damn what he's doing?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Agreed, my argument was for people going on about Douglas Williams. Like, who gives a damn what he's doing?

I think it’s more like Harris hasn’t gotten around to jettisoning Williams yet.  Other things going on.  

I imagine he “retires” here before long.  

Doug is basically a version of Major Tuddy in his current role. The business side is supposed to drive ticket sales and sponsorship deals. They bring him out like a corporate mascot. He has zero input on anything football related since he went to work for Jason Wright.

Speaking of frauds. When are they going to dump Wright and bring in someone else?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Doug is basically a version of Major Tuddy in his current role. The business side is supposed to drive ticket sales and sponsorship deals. They bring him out like a corporate mascot. He has zero input on anything football related since he went to work for Jason Wright.

Speaking of frauds. When are they going to dump Wright and bring in someone else?

I probably care 5% about the operations side of things but that's Josh's specialty so if he feels that Wright and the people surrounding him are doing an adequate enough job, that's good enough for me until something unacceptable happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Something I don’t understand about Kingsbury: he’s considered an obsessively hard worker - like showing up to the facilities everyday a 3:30am and leaving later than everyone else kind of work ethic. I’ve heard this from media, Arizona fans, etc. And yet, his offenses have been consistently criticized for lacking attention to detail and racking up penalties (as @AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy mentioned above). 

Tough for me to reconcile those two things. Either he’s not actually working as hard as people think, or he’s focusing on the wrong stuff to be obsessive over. Hopefully he’s self-aware enough to have learned from that and will improve going forward. 

Sounds like what Joe Gibbs did but with different outcomes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I probably care 5% about the operations side of things but that's Josh's specialty so if he feels that Wright and the people surrounding him are doing an adequate enough job, that's good enough for me until something unacceptable happens. 

I hear ya, but Wright will always be a Daniel Snyder sized **** stain on this organization until the day he finally goes. He and his "Commanders" moniker can kick rocks while we keep it moving on this end. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Don't care about Wright one way or another.  But if I had to take a guess on it.  I don't get the impression Harris is obsessed with the mascot or the name so I gather he's judging Wright on tickets sales and the stadium.  Feels like sales and the stadium efforts are going well so I think that bodes well for Wright.  But who knows.  I look forward to the days when no one cares about who runs the business operation. 

I bet no other fan base has a clue who runs their business operation.  We do because Dan was petrified of talking publicly -- so anyone who speaks on behalf of the organization got much attention.  Those times are changing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't care about Wright one way or another.  But if I had to take a guess on it.  I don't get the impression Harris is obsessed with the mascot or the name so I gather he's judging Wright on tickets sales and the stadium.  Feels like sales and the stadium efforts are going well so I think that bodes well for Wright.  But who knows.  I look forward to the days when no one cares about who runs the business operation. 

I bet no other fan base has a clue who runs their business operation.  We do because Dan was petrified of talking publicly -- so anyone who speaks on behalf of the organization got much attention.  Those times are changing.

Wright was an attention seeker. He made himself the spotlight of the rebrand and Sean Taylor memorials. He put out weekly newsletters etc to the fanbase. The dude outright lied to the fanbase about the Sean Taylor number retirement. He has to go period.

He hasn’t tweeted a word since the sale because he knows the replies would make him look horrible to his new bosses. The guy 100% needs to be gone. 

Would anyone in the fanbase be upset if he is fired? I doubt it unless they are related to him. Would a huge percentage of people who know who he is in the fanbase be happy if he gets shown the door? Absolutely. Dude should have been gone before Ron. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1