Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

ESPN and Profootballtalk.com reporting Kliff Kingsbury could end up in Washington as offensive coordinator since his deal with the Raiders fell through.

I am not sure that he would be the right guy.  His record in Arizona was not great.  Yes, he has worked with Caleb Williams at USC but Chicago will probably pick Williams.

He worked with Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfied and Mahomes in college.  He never made Kyler Murray into a top rated NFL quarterback.  I wonder what Peters thinks

about him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

ESPN and Profootballtalk.com reporting Kliff Kingsbury could end up in Washington as offensive coordinator since his deal with the Raiders fell through.

I am not sure that he would be the right guy.  His record in Arizona was not great.  Yes, he has worked with Caleb Williams at USC but Chicago will probably pick Williams.

He worked with Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfied and Mahomes in college.  He never made Kyler Murray into a top rated NFL quarterback.  I wonder what Peters thinks

about him.

Hes a good offensive mind. Id be ok with it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

about him.

I think it was more Murray than Kliff in Arizona.  Kyler is his own worst enemy,  plus I don't think Kliff had full support of his front office 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

It's like a 13 year old boy just hitting puberty in a 50 year olds body......our folks in charge have their work cut out for them

Honestly its one of the few times he was likable.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Johnson is the type of mfer that walks up to the checkout aisle in the grocery store and "decides against" buying things at the last second.

That used to frustrate me to no end as a young man… first job, grocery store, the old ladies would put a bunch of stuff on the checkout counter and after ringing up they’d start asking me to take stuff off because they didn’t have enough money, super embarrassing… I understand you’re short but you couldn’t figure that out BEFORE you got up here backing up my line! And I gotta put this **** back!  Freaking kidding me!  Cmon grandma!

my bad, end rant… flashback, what were we talking about?🤐

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

about him.

"I am not sure that he would be the right guy...."

I agree, VSF.

To be honest I remembered the name Kliff Kingsbury, and got excited when they announced he was being considered for the job, but I didn't really remember what his reign at Arizona was like.

So I did a bit of research, much like I did earlier in the day on Chip, but unlike Kelly the more I learned about Kliff the less impressed I was.

Whereas Kelly took over a 4-12 Eagles team and led them to consecutive 10-6 seasons Kingsbury never really did much of significance on the field and there was quite a bit if disarray abd dysfunction in his offense.

Of course the situations were different-- Kelly inherited a veteran qb while Kingsbury worked with a green Kyler Murray.

Still it gives me pause.

I might actually prefer Kelly to Kingsbury, based solely on what each of them did as NFL head coaches.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

"I am not sure that he would be the right guy...."

I agree, VSF.

To be honest I remembered the name Kliff Kingsbury, and got excited when they announced he was being considered for the job, but I didn't really remember what his reign at Arizona was like.

So I did a bit of research, much like I did earlier in the day on Chip, but unlike Kelly the more I learned about Kliff the less impressed I was.

Whereas Kelly took over a 4-12 Eagles team and led them to consecutive 10-6 seasons Kingsbury never really did much of significance on the field and there was quite a bit if disarray abd dysfunction in his offense.

Of course the situations were different-- Kelly inherited a veteran qb while Kingsbury worked with a green Kyler Murray.

Still it gives me pause.

I might actually prefer Kelly to Kingsbury, based solely on what each of them did as NFL head coaches.

But were hiring him to run an offense, not the team. Completely different role and skill set.

Some guys are terrible generals but fantastic colonels.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

But were hiring him to run an offense, not the team. Completely different role and skill set.

Petitbon comes to mind really quick with your response but as a DC.  

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

I was so at peace with Caleb going 1OA to Chicago and us picking whomever the staff preferred between Drake and Jayden.

... And now we might be hiring Kliff Kingsbury. 👀👀

I think Kliff can work with the talents of any quarterback and get the best out of them.  Think about it, CapSkins. :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I agree with that, but the same thing is true for Chip Kelly.

Might he not be a better OC than head coach?

The big difference is Kelly has already demonstrated that he can run his offense in the NFL succesfully, whereas Kingsbury really hasn't.

I'm not saying that I'm against picking Kingsbury over Kelly just that it's not in my mind the slam dunk I originally thought it was.

Bottom Line: I trust our decision makers to evaluate the choices and make the proper decision.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Petitbon comes to mind really quick with your response but as a DC.  

I think Kliff can work with the talents of any quarterback and get the best out of them.  Think about it, CapSkins. :) 

I'm still taking all these Kliff-to-DC rumors with a grain of salt.  After the whole Johnson being a lock for here I'm not going to be overconfident about anything I hear.......With that said I wouldn't mind Kliff at all, like mentioned above he's worked with some great QBs and for the most part he's been successful, just not so much as a HC, but honestly that's about all I know about him

I also really hope we would interview Darrell Bevell.  Out of all these guys he's the one I'm most intrigued about,  just simply because he'd be coming from Mcdaniels staff

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AZDave said:

More of the air raid system with a lot of motion to free up the recievers. Screen gsme used along with the run game. First option is deep them intermediate then check down

Which Top 3 Rookie QB prospect do you guys think this style caters most to?

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

2 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Which Top 3 Rookie QB prospect do you guys think this style caters more to?

I think any of them.  The ability to make downfield throws is something they can all do well.  If anything, maybe Daniels because of his long ball excellence and his ability to take off and run after the defense gets all spread out.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

about him.

I'm just confused as to why Kingsbury is suddenly that hot name for Washington. I thought the point of these rounds of head coach interviews was to get an idea who Quinn wanted as top assistants (besides obviously vetting Quinn himself). Did Quinn not contact Kingsbury before? And if so, did Kingsbury actively choose the Raiders over Washington? I'd like to think it took more than the Raiders being cheap before someone thought about talking to Kingsbury (who's not on a NFL team so could have been contacted anytime). Or maybe Kingsbury is just a red herring...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I was so at peace with Caleb going 1OA to Chicago and us picking whomever the staff preferred between Drake and Jayden.

... And now we might be hiring Kliff Kingsbury. 👀👀

Kliff and Caleb with a Dan Quinn D is not something I would complain about. Caleb already setup going full Eli. Let’s do it. 

• Thanks 2

So let's say Kingsbury is in the house working at 3:30 a.m.  18 hour days.  Gotta eat.  Gotta softserve.  Gotta get to and fro home (unless he does the Gibbs thing).  I assume he's gotta take care of an itch every once in awhile.  When is he sleeping?  I know it shows how tough and awesome you are not to get more than a couple hours of sleep a night, but that's not healthy, especially for your brain, and if you're the OC and your brain isn't working, well, how is that good for your team?