Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

37 minutes ago, zCommander said:

EB still has one year left on his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he is retained to give him another shot. After all he did work with SB winning Mahomes and that still holds some weight.

Retaining an OC who didn't know or, (worse yet), care about the state of our O-line when he was calling plays has no business being here. 

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

Stop. No it’s not. Quinn has been a top candidate from the start. Some people just needs to relax.

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Honestly the guy has good communication skills, and guys respect him.  Who he hires matters most IMO.   So, if he is not an offensive minded coach. Hire a good OC. Hire a QB coach. Get a decent staff around him and let's roll. 

Whose out there that would be an excellent OC for a rookie QB. For me the OC pick is very, very important. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been pimping you on this thread for offensive coordinator.  Will see if they are paying attention in Ashburn.

Harris needs to get his yacht here in Miami to swoon me, but I'm down. 

Run and Gun baby!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

3 would be a better over/under. No way they fire him in season. He will get the 3rd year. If we hit on the QB it will be a lot longer. 

Good news is that if it doesn’t work out the chances for a rebrand are exponentially higher. They would throw the fans a bone to keep them interested.

Gotta tread lightly in these parts, but you know how I feel about it.  IMO, the RedWolves are coming, no matter HOW the on field performance is and that gets me WAY more excited than even Adam Peters hire, let alone THIS underwhelming dive into mediocrity. 

15 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

This owner kept RON for a full year... no way Quinn is fired middle of the season if at all. 

I think after 2 years is a real possibility though if it's as mediocre as many of us expect it to be. 

• Like 2

Everyone who absolutely loved the Peters pick for GM should be ok with this. You can't love our GM while also hating his pick for HC.

Don't love this hire on the face of it, but what do I know? I'm just some dude on the internet. I'm not in those meetings. I'll trust AP knows what he's doing, and has a plan to build this team.

• Like 1

Quinn was like option 5 or 6 for me so I'm not pumped about the hire.

But as I have said new brass get every oppo to succeed and fail on their own merits.

Hopefully this pans out.

I don't like the Chip Kelly rumblings either. Rather avoid that mess.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim mentioned it from the jump.  Sheehan too.  That they hear they really dig Quinn.  And they are dead serious when they touted leadership as the top trait they wanted.

When I was rooting for Ben Johnson for weeks I often said don't count out Quinn because I keep hearing his name.  And I was afraid that Quinn would beat Johnson in an interview because it was Quinn with the reputation of being dynamic not Johnson.

Keim said multiple times when he asked around the league about all these prospective coaches, it was Quinn who got the most props.  Albright who is a reputable reporter has said similar things.

Sheehan said a few days ago that he heard they were very impressed with that interview, and he's likely their Plan B if they don't go with Ben Johnson.

Honestly I think they took a reasonable and measured approach. They went and found a guy that wanted to be here and they wanted here. And yes that may have been circumstantial...but its not like they were the only people interested in him. And its not like they didn't have other options even when they did hire him. They ended on this and it was something they very clearly flirted with from the start. I know people want to feel like this was the only choice left, but Its just as possible all the other guys worked themselves out of contention. 

Dude wants to coach here, clearly. The other guys did not, clearly. The last thing I want is a guy coaching here because we paid him more than the other place he would really like. 

Second time old school and been there before HC with a young first time GM for a few years is definitely not bad idea. 

Dunno. Im not sold on it myself. And im not going to try and sell the masses on it. But its really not some kind of automatic failure. Anyone saying that is not serious. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Somewhat off-topic and we don't know the details but Eugene Shen's previous relationship with Macdonald sure didn't count for much, did it? That should be a clue that some HC candidates had valid reasons to pass on Washington. That's just where we're at as a franchise. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’m pretty sure it’s Gruyère. I’m not willing to die on the hill though

image.gif.358d3d61caef125b5b7c59325e943eef.gif

image.gif.5bd6a6228a481e092d5a6bfbbdada25c.gif

Gruyère is a region in Switzerland. Real Gruyère only comes from there and it has the traditional “eyes” or holes like Swiss cheese. The picture you have looks like a Manchego based on the rind but it could be a Gruyère style cheese not from the Gruyère region. 

Now you also now why I like the slimming black colors! 😂 

• Haha 1

For the love of football oh mighty Quinn please fire Rivera Jr and JDR Jr immediately

Chip Kelly or EB... I think I take EB - he'll be better with a coach that cares. About culture. Never mind.

Edited by RandyHolt

6 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Honestly the guy has good communication skills, and guys respect him.  Who he hires matters most IMO.   So, if he is not an offensive minded coach. Hire a good OC. Hire a QB coach. Get a decent staff around him and let's roll. 

Whose out there that would be an excellent OC for a rookie QB. For me the OC pick is very, very important. 

It's doesn't happen overnight. Quinn knows the division let's start from there.

2 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Interesting if true. Otoh, I suspect Detroit's gonna be damn good next year with Jameson Williams, a largely unexplored option since being drafted top 12 or 15 in '22, added to an already humming offense, LaPorta and Gibbs in year 2, Monty with another year or two left before he fully collapses on the age cliff. They should be really, really good. If they are, he's gonna be asked. But yeah, I would bet that GM's would be suspicious now. No chance to avoid that, with weird behavior in back to back offseasons (even if it was explicable, this year, it was still crappy behavior). 

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

For the love of football oh mighty Quinn please fire Rivera Jr and JDR Jr immediately

Chip Kelly or EB... I think I take EB - he'll be better with a coach that cares. About culture. Never mind.

JDR jr was removed around the same time his dad got fired.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, alaroche04 said:

Hmmmmms sounds familiar....

Dont care what platitudes people use.

Im sure people thought McVay or Mike McDaniel could be another Josh McDaniels or Kliff Kingsbury because of them being "Young, offensive geniuses." 

Quinn is not Rivera. You are hearing from local and national reporters that coaches, player, and FO personnel from around the league texted them with how highly they think of Quinn as a smart, driven football coach that can communicate a vision and execute on Sundays.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1