Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If that’s the case, why is Schefter talking about them expanding the search. Doesn’t make much sense.

He said they "could" do that.  He wasn't definitive.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, let Harris and leadership figure out who they want but don't you think this affects us being able to get the coaches they want and not the left overs from RR or the ones we could have had that have been hired already that others here on ES have made mention of.  I guess I am getting older and it's a different world.  Just like my parents before me and so on.  Oh well, things will fall in place.  :)  

36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

But SIP with MacDonald and the owners, I think the owners are like a secret sorority group, Harris should know how much this guy was signed for and how many years, unless Harris is cheap, who the heck knows, he should know what the going rate is to lock down a HC if it's contract negotiations.  Just strange stuff.  Never seen anything like it via my last post.  

Maybe Harris would match whatever offer, but Macdonald just liked Seattle better.  There are some good things about Washington’s situation, but it’s easy to see why some coaches might prefer a team with more “now” pieces.

• Like 1

If Quinn is a leader and motivator like people are saying then they should just go ahead and hire him,bur surround him with bright, young up and comers for coordinators..just don't let Quinn pick the players.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It was said they did a reset this week with the in person interviews.  I gather it might feel more even among candidates now or maybe someone new has emerged.

Agree something seemed to have shifted to make Quinn the slam dunk hire with Johnson out of the picture.  Or they are just sitting on this, negotiating the contract today and will announce tomorrow morning.  But if nothing happens tomorrow, am doubting its Quinn

Of those three, my preferences are:

1) Quinn

2) Weaver

3) Glenn

I'm willing to roll the dice that Quinn can assemble a good staff, attract FOs, maximize the roster Peters gives him, instill a good culture, and develop the QB we take at 2OA.

Weaver is bigger risk, bigger reward. I have no idea whether he can do the management/executive part of the job but I love his experience & pedigree as a player. His one year as a D coordinator was not so hot.

Glenn is very well-liked but his defenses aren't ranked that high, although DET doesn't have a ton of talent (but we have even less). Maybe he could hire a good DC, up-level, and be the mythical "Leader of Men" while the DC calls better plays. Idk.

I am increasingly coming around to Belichick, but I don't think Bill would take this job and I don't want Matt Patricia anywhere near this staff.

Frank Smith in Miami is intriguing but who knows if he's ready to make the jump.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

If that’s the case, why is Schefter talking about them expanding the search. Doesn’t make much sense.

Cause at this point you are the only game left in town so why not? (Because you need the rest of the staff is why not, but just playing devils advocate) 

11 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I don’t think there is any chance that they were negotiating terms with Johnson.  They hadn’t even completed the interview process with him.

I would argue they talked to the agent after first zoom to get ballpark number. Chargers knew what they were going to have to pay Harbaugh and just announced a few days ago. 

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they are still open I am still in the camp of why not Frank Smith?

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.41.09 PM.png

He may be an NFL coach soon but he won't be one THIS year unless it's with the Commanders. Not sure why they aren't giving him a look. Hopefully they are.

• Like 1

Everybody's freaking out despite having zero information about what the Commanders are doing right now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam and Josh expected this process to go differently, but they also don't seem to be rushing to settle for anyone left, so perhaps they don't see themselves as having to settle at all. We just don't know.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Cause at this point you are the only game left in town so why not? (Because you need the rest of the staff is why not, but just playing devils advocate) 

Take a guy like Weaver. He has an opportunity to interview for DC in Miami and most likely Baltimore. Those teams aren’t going to hold out forever. He could end up taking himself out of the mix and take a DC job.

Just now, profusion said:

Everybody's freaking out despite having zero information about what the Commanders are doing right now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam and Josh expected this process to go differently, but they also don't seem to be rushing to settle for anyone left, so perhaps they don't see themselves as having to settle at all. We just don't know.

They're not "rushing to settle" because they keep getting turned down. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I think it's time ol Josh Harris shows us what he's made of and decides he's gonna coach the team.

Imagine all the ill-timed handshakes in that locker room 

• Haha 3