Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I think MacDonald is the guy, especially if we conducted his interview well and didn't just go through the motions with their minds on Johnson. If MacDonald felt we were genuinely interested, he could come here.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Meh, people's minds change. I'm not gonna hate the guy because he had a change of heart. Better now than after an interview and stringing us along more.

Its a business after all.

He literally drug this out through the most important part of the Lions season, only to choose he wants to be a deputy after their season ended.

He gets zero credit from me for foregoing the final interview.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Well, the caveat is we need a qualified guy to be the HC. If they don't think the O guys are qualified (or there are no O guys qualifed they can reach out to) they have to hire the best candidate. But it feels like we're going to be skimming the pool for debris a little now.

Who from the pool of new HCs would you have taken over who is left?

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah me too.  

Johnson comes off weird and egotistical to play it like this.  I am against that team now too.  the irony is I suspect at least one of the NFC East team jobs open next year so he might be coaching a division rival.

Definitely.  He will always be a beta to me.  

• Like 3

Just now, my_friend_goo said:

Who from the pool of new HCs would you have taken over who is left?

I'm not sure, I'm not interviewing.

I'd like to see Slowik get more of a shake but there has to be a reason he's not, right?

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I think MacDonald is the guy, especially if we conducted his interview well and didn't just go through the motions with their minds on Johnson. If MacDonald felt we were genuinely interested, he could come here.

I got a feeling it’s gonna end up Dan Quinn lol. 

Edited by Commander202

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So bad.  I went from rooting for the Lions to actively hating their guts and pray this softie that would rather be second fiddle and coach Goff never gets what he wants.

I hope he has to walk through a field of Legos barefoot.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My concern (cuz errrbody has made me concerned) is what kind of staff can be put together this late in the process? Seems like a lot of Rivera holdovers may stay. Bienemy may still end up as the OC

• Thumb down 2

Just now, Bantu said:

My concern (cuz errrbody has made me concerned) is what kind of staff can be put together this late in the process? Seems like a lot of Rivera holdovers may stay. Bienemy may still end up as the OC

BITE YOUR TONGUE.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FrFan said:

Can't wait to hear Peters about Johnson, was he really his top choice or not, and what happened ?

If he was, I doubt we'd be second interviewing as many as we have been.

As much as some of us may have wanted Johnson, if he didn't want to be here, then that's fine with me.  I want someone who WANTS a chance to be a part of building something special...so don't panic, take your time, and find that guy.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bantu said:

That’s disgusting, and I’m not insane enough to believe EB remains as OC.

But I’m sure there’s some truth to how this impacts filling out a staff.