Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dumb, incompetent, ****wits, ass hard, uneducated, irrational, idiotic, agenda driven, moronic, ridiculous, over the hill...

87a93895-63d0-4c06-9b2f-a75f1d9d4cbe_tex

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bad is the lowest common denominator.  Just about all of the personalities are just bad which the exception of Galdi.  

The best reporters are generally better than the personalities.

I don't mind BMitch and Finlay, the small bit I listen to them in the car. They aren't over the top idiocy (or mind numbingly insipid like the two Fat Men Rating Side Dishes.) But I agree guys like Galdi, Keim, Brewer, to a lesser extent Svrluga (who can be very hit and miss) all do a better job covering the team than wind bags on the radio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I suspect some teams wanted Belichick the coach, but not him with the level of control he wanted - or would have had even if it wasn’t in his contract/role. It would require a team to be willing to go all in and allow him to run the show, and that’s not gone well recently in New England.

Also, Bill at this stage is only good for team that’s a coach away. If he got the Atlanta job , it would’ve only worked with a vet qb.  Really only San Diego was that this year.  

Next year he could have those options and next year there might be teams who would give him control but he’s not a coach suited for a rebuilding team.

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would immediately vomit everywhere if we decided to hire Matt Patricia as DC.

Also, for the people who want Vrabel as DC here, I don't think they realize he coached the 32nd ranked defense in his one season as DC (with the Texans).  Not sure how much actual defensive play calling he did in his time as HC for the Titans.

I wonder if we've broached the topic of coming here as DC to Anthony Weaver in our HC interviews with him.  As the current Ravens DL coach, he'd be the best of both worlds for those who wanted Macdonald here for his defense - Weaver was likely in line to replace Macdonald in Baltimore if Macdonald became an HC this cycle.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

don't mind BMitch and Finlay, the small bit I listen to them in the car. They aren't over the top idiocy (or mind numbingly insipid like the two Fat Men Rating Side Dishes.) But I agree guys like Galdi, Keim, Brewer, to a lesser extent Svrluga (who can be very hit and miss) all do a better job covering the team than wind bags on the radio

Bram is also very good, though he can come off as an insufferable know not all at times because he does have access to more information which he can’t talk about.  

Finlay was good until he got paired with BMitch, who’s just a loud ex player who generally has no idea what he’s talking about anymore.  

The bottom of the barrel are Russell because he’s just a fool, 2 minutes because he should be in jail for plagiarism.  

Grant and Danny are just awful but they’re probably one level higher in the circles if hell.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wonder if we've broached the topic of coming here as DC to Anthony Weaver in our HC interviews with him.  As the current Ravens DL coach, he'd be the best of both worlds for those who wanted Macdonald here for his defense - Weaver was likely in line to replace Macdonald in Baltimore if Macdonald became an HC this cycle.

I’m sure conversations with Weaver did not get into DC possibilities because the HC needs to make that call and you don’t bring up “yeah if we don’t hire you for the top job then do you want another one” in an interview.  It’s off putting to the candidates.

that said I have to imagine if we hire Ben Johnson, assuming Weaver made a good impression, somebody will mention to him to talk to Weaver about the DC job. 

However, it’s VERY possible Johnson already has a DC lined up.  It might be Weaver, it might be somebody else.  When McVay went to the Rams, he know Wade Phillips was his DC and said so in interviews.  Ron + Jack was immediately announced.  

Were either one or three weeks away from knowing.

If you want to know sooner, root for the 49ers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you want to know sooner, root for the 49ers.  

Eventhough I like them I can't, I would like to see a rematch Johnson vs Mc Donald. In the mean time I hope Johnson will bring in Weaver.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bram is also very good, though he can come off as an insufferable know not all at times because he does have access to more information which he can’t talk about.  

Finlay was good until he got paired with BMitch, who’s just a loud ex player who generally has no idea what he’s talking about anymore.  

The bottom of the barrel are Russell because he’s just a fool, 2 minutes because he should be in jail for plagiarism.  

Grant and Danny are just awful but they’re probably one level higher in the circles if hell.

It's no wonder Audicy went bankrupt. Our local radio employs the worst kind of idiots. The kind that think they're smart.

You know who's show is shockingly fairly decent? Adam Epstein on Saturday mornings. Awadd isn't the belligerent moron I thought he was going to be. The little I've listened to him, he's been better than most of the dingbats on full-time gigs.

One last thing I'll say about DC radio. Can we please get these New York loving ass-****s off our airwaves? I don't care what Mets fan John Feinstein has to say--about anything. Listening to Boomer Esiason and other NY-philes talk on the painful Sports Minutes is infuriating. Only Bickell is a true DC fan on the Junkies, everyone else likes external teams. Drives me NUTS.

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's no wonder Audicy went bankrupt. Our local radio employs the worst kind of idiots. The kind that think they're smart.

You know who's show is shockingly fairly decent? Adam Epstein on Saturday mornings. Awadd isn't the belligerent moron I thought he was going to be. The little I've listened to him, he's been better than most of the dingbats on full-time gigs.

One last thing I'll say about DC radio. Can we please get these New York loving ass-****s off our airwaves? I don't care what Mets fan John Feinstein has to say--about anything. Listening to Boomer Esiason and other NY-philes talk on the painful Sports Minutes is infuriating. Only Bickell is a true DC fan on the Junkies, everyone else likes external teams. Drives me NUTS.

Too bad the only local fan is an ignorant reactionary toolbox :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

John Fox is a from Virginia Beach.  I remember he took that Bears defense from the bottom to near 10 at least for a few seasons.  That's an interesting one considering pairing Johnson with someone who has experience.  I keep thinking back to McVay's first season where he brought in Wade Phillips.

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

It's odd.  Looking around for Quinn's contract information, it appears he was only on a 1-year deal.  I think that's what that guy was saying when he states "pry" Quinn away from Dallas because he's essentially a free agent.

I don't know one way or the other if Quinn is free to move laterally to another team, but, realistically, even if he were, it seems to me that he probably would see spending the 2024 season as the DC of Dallas as being more likely to lead to a 2025 HC job than being the 2024 DC for Washington would be.  No?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would immediately vomit everywhere if we decided to hire Matt Patricia as DC.

Also, for the people who want Vrabel as DC here, I don't think they realize he coached the 32nd ranked defense in his one season as DC (with the Texans).  Not sure how much actual defensive play calling he did in his time as HC for the Titans.

Sometimes people just throw out names that they have heard/popular with no clue about the individuals credentials (Vrabel).

Just now, RVAskins said:

I wonder if Dan Quinn will stay in Dallas and eventually replace McCarthy after the Cowboys have another disappointing season.

I think Dallas would be ripe for a Belichick or Vrabel type next year. Jerry is in win now mode. 

51 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Was -175 earlier this week..

Wonder who tried telling everyone here it's done.

The only thing that surprises me is Bienemy ahead of both Slowick and MacDonald.

I put his realistic chances at just above nil.

Johnson barring an alien invasion and the complete collapse of civilization in the next week is getting the job. Full stop.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I don't know one way or the other if Quinn is free to move laterally to another team, but, realistically, even if he were, it seems to me that he probably would see spending the 2024 season as the DC of Dallas as being more likely to lead to a 2025 HC job than being the 2024 DC for Washington would be.  No?

None of us really know because according to our local guys, this team has been tight lipped.  All the chatter seems to be coming from agents, coaches outside the area, etc.

It's been a question for sure with Quinn.  Maybe he's sick of Dallas but I couldn't find anything that said he was under contract with Dallas this year.  I would think if he doesn't get that Seattle job maybe, that would be a dream team of FO/Coaches here.

TM's just throwing this out there without merit.

Edited by HigSkin