Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree the fans will be pissed if its Quinn.

Personally, I'd get over it.  But I go no doubt its a bad PR move.  Might even be worse than the Fassel rumor at the time.  Quinn IMO is more intriguing than Fassel was back then but the stakes are much higher now because fans have checked out and there is a need to bring back some excitement.

Yeah Quinn > Fassel and I don't think it is close.

It's pretty easy to see him as a better HC than the others. The big issue is he isn't from the right side of the ball for situation with a new QB. The young guns are the ones Commanders fans desire. Heck, even MacDonald from the defensive side has more push. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree the fans will be pissed if its Quinn.

Personally, I'd get over it.  But I go no doubt its a bad PR move.  Might even be worse than the Fassel rumor at the time.  Quinn IMO is more intriguing than Fassel was back then but the stakes are much higher now because fans have checked out and there is a need to bring back some excitement.

I could get behind Quinn as head coach - he did a good job with the Falcons. It would depend heavily though on who he brings in as his OC and the offensive staff.

I still it’s odds on to be Johnson though. Which then begs the question what’s his plan for his DC!

Just now, MartinC said:

I could get behind Quinn as head coach - he did a good job with the Falcons. It would depend heavily though on who he brings in as his OC and the offensive staff.

I still it’s odds on to be Johnson though. Which then begs the question what’s his plan for his DC!

My guess is Weaver, if Ravens let him go.  Plan B the 9ers DL coach if he can be convinced.  

Just now, MartinC said:

I could get on board with Johnson HC  and Vrabel as DC

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

He had Kyle as OC and we saw what happened after that. Success would be fleeting. It would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Plus they had Matt Ryan. The instability for a young QB is far worse. Would be a massive mistake. 

Get Johnson and surround him with the best possible defensive and special teams staff.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

If indeed it is Johnson, as it appears trending, very excited about the possibility of Hank Fraley as well.  We need to assemble the best young football minds we can. Distance ourselves from the DS era and blaze our own new path. Excited about these possibilities. The future looks so improved from the DS era. Very thankful to witness the changeover. 

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

It would among other things pump up Logan Paulsen assuming he keeps working for the team, he loves Quinn both as a coordinator and culture builder.

I'd be OK with it.  I wouldn't be pumped about it.  Wouldn't hate it either.   It would feel like going medium. 

But I try to keep open minded and not stuck on predispositions.  And Keim is like a broken record saying that the dude when he asks around the NFL that gets the most props among these candidates is Quinn.   So I'd assume there is something to that.

Logan Paulsen is smitten with Quinn.  Talks about how he loved coming to work everyday when he was the HC.  Talks about how Dallas' defense is so well crafted especially compared to this team.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would among other things pump up Logan Paulsen assuming he keeps working for the team, he loves Quinn both as a coordinator and culture builder.

I'd be OK with it.  I wouldn't be pumped about it.  Wouldn't hate it either.   It would feel like going medium. 

But I try to keep open minded and no stuck on predispositions.  And Keim is like a broken record saying the dude when he asks around the NFL that gets the most props among these candidates is Quinn.   So I'd assume there is something to that.

Logan Paulsen is smitten with Quinn.  Talks about how he loved coming to work everyday when he was the HC.  Talks about how Dallas' defense is so well crafted especially compared to this team.

Matt LaFleur doesn’t share that opinion based on the results that did his talking for him. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, oldskoolfan said:

I could get on board with Johnson HC  and Vrabel as DC

I can’t see Vrabel taking a DC job this year. He’s going to be looking for a HC job in the next cycle.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He had Kyle as OC and we saw what happened after that. Success would be fleeting. It would be a huge mistake in my opinion. Plus they had Matt Ryan. The instability for a young QB is far worse. Would be a massive mistake. 

Get Johnson and surround him with the best possible defensive and special teams staff.

I think it’s odds on it will be Johnson. Way too much smoke around him and us. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah Quinn > Fassel and I don't think it is close.

It's pretty easy to see him as a better HC than the others. The big issue is he isn't from the right side of the ball for situation with a new QB. The young guns are the ones Commanders fans desire. Heck, even MacDonald from the defensive side has more push. 

Exactly. Under different circumstances, Quinn would be a stronger candidate. With the #2 overall pick on a QB… just no.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe this humble Bill.  There won’t be many, if any teams next year that will give him the setup he had in New England.

If he wants to coach in 2025, he will likely just have to go in as coach only with no front office control.

If we end up with Quinn, I say he will be Josh’s firing as an nfl owner.  He may build this team back up but I don’t see him ever winning us a championship.

Just now, GoSkins1976 said:

I could see Johnson as the HC and Quinn as the DC if they didn't want Weaver for some reason

That would be a bit more realistic than whoever said Ben as HC and Mac as DC.  Dallas fans are pissed as well as social media with Quinn and rightly so.  He never has his playoff teams ready for the big game.  Regular season, Yes, playoffs, No.

1 minute ago, Hitman#21 said:

Johnson has been the guy for at least a month. The rest is window dressing.. 

Preach!  HM21!  

2 minutes ago, GoSkins1976 said:

I could see Johnson as the HC and Quinn as the DC if they didn't want Weaver for some reason

I think there target for DC is Weaver as they know MacDonald will be either Seattle's or their HC.  Weaver would probably be brought over if Mac was the hire as our new DC.  

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Maybe this humble Bill.  There won’t be many, if any teams next year that will give him the setup he had in New England.

If he wants to coach in 2025, he will likely just have to go in as coach only with no front office control.

If we end up with Quinn, I say he will be Josh’s firing as an nfl owner.  He may build this team back up but I don’t see him ever winning us a championship.

The Giants will. He could be the Giants coach in 2025 in my opinion. Dallas and Philly will also have new coaches. Ben Johnson will the most tenured coach in the NFC east in 2025.

1 minute ago, dckey said:

Was just in Dallas Fort Worth last night and saw Dan Quinn on his way to Seattle and he said he was coming here next week. 

He thinks and hopes!  LOL 

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, maybe McDonald as the dark horse #3 just running with rumors.  We need Seattle to go Quinn and fast.  :ols:

I disagree with the tweet.  What makes it seem like those are the two finalists?  There is nothing.

Commanders have 2nd interviews scheduled with all of Johnson, Glenn, Quinn, and Slowik (already happened).  I’m not sure about MacDonald and Weaver.  There hasn’t been any actual info that places any of those guys above the others.  Quinn just getting slightly more publicity right now because his team already  lost.

48 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Whille I liked what I've read abut Ben Johnson's leadership skills-charisma compared to Slowik.    I don't get the vibe he matches Quinn on that front.  So am a little worried. :ols:

I get the idea that its not all about play calling.  Keim mentioned talking to people around the league some coordinators are liked but not seen as HCs.  I get that. 

So I am not in the camp that play calling is everything.  You can be a good playcaller and suck as a HC.  And you can be a nonplay caller and be a good HC.

But I am in the camp of splitting it in the middle.  And that's how Ben Johnson feels to me.  Plus I do favor offense over defense.   And I do favor a coach on their first act over the 2nd act.

You're starting to scare me some SIP. 

--shivers--

I got my hopes and dreams all set up for an impending Johnson announcement next week and your circumspect post has me on edge with the shakes.

It's gonna be a long weekend, so much tension and uncertainty, don't know what to do...

image.thumb.png.afc7e7ed4ac5fd9b7d1faa352b958046.png

• Haha 1