Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Since in person interviews can begin today, we’ll get a better idea of where we going.

Probably not. While certain candidates are now available for in person interviews, one of the top choices (and probably the #1 choice) is not. While they could move on without him, I'd be a little surprised if we see movement this coming week. Probably just a lot of names stopping by for some "chats".

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

Probably not. While certain candidates are now available for in person interviews, one of the top choices (and probably the #1 choice) is not. While they could move on without him, I'd be a little surprised if we see movement this coming week. Probably just a lot of names stopping by for some "chats".

Think it just mostly depends on if Slowik is the guy Peters really wants. This week would probably tell us he really wants one of the others (Johnson/Macdonald) if he doesn't hire Slowik.

Or at the very least, would suggest he's open to them enough to potentially let Slowik slip away to another team while we wait 1-3 more weeks.

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Given the quality of the coaching candidates available this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills let Sean McDermott go and tried to upgrade at HC. I don’t see how they can keep repeating the same formula over and over and expect to win against this KC juggernaut, plus McDermott has made some terrible in-game clock management decisions and his defense hasn’t been that great lately. 

All that to say they’re a definite threat to steal Ben Johnson away if that happens. Him paired with Josh Allen would be incredible.

The Bills would easily be the #1 opening and I doubt Bills fans would be able to stomach the thought of hiring Belichick at HC. 

Except that loss is on Allen, not the kicker, the OC or McDermott.  An upgrade at HC can’t make the QB take what’s there to take.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Given the quality of the coaching candidates available this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills let Sean McDermott go and tried to upgrade at HC. I don’t see how they can keep repeating the same formula over and over and expect to win against this KC juggernaut, plus McDermott has made some terrible in-game clock management decisions and his defense hasn’t been that great lately. 

All that to say they’re a definite threat to steal Ben Johnson away if that happens. Him paired with Josh Allen would be incredible.

The Bills would easily be the #1 opening and I doubt Bills fans would be able to stomach the thought of hiring Belichick at HC. 

It's an intriguing situation. McDermott's season was a roller-coaster ride where they underachieved for most of the season but ended up the #2 seed after huge wins in KC and Miami. They lost their defensive leader (Matt Milano) and struggled in the secondary but were still in position to win the game. Does ownership think Bellicheck or Vrabel can take them to the next level as opposed to staying the course and adding pieces for McDermott?  The only way I'd fire McDermott is if I knew I could get someone better and that is totally possible given some of the candidates out there. What could Pete Carroll do for the Bills? He's older but he has a ring and can motivate players. 

Still, they finished as the #2 seed in the AFC, tough to fire the coach after a season like that which included a playoff win. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's no coincidence that the people who call into 106.7 are also the same people who want to see Bieniemy as the Head Coach. In this case, correlation and causation are the same.

I don't know enough to understand what this means but I heard someone call one of the Sirius sports shows saying they wanted EB to be head coach or they're going to be mad.

What in the world are these people smoking? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's no coincidence that the people who call into 106.7 are also the same people who want to see Bieniemy as the Head Coach. In this case, correlation and causation are the same.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

I don't know enough to understand what this means but I heard someone call one of the Sirius sports shows saying they wanted EB to be head coach or they're going to be mad.

Possibly fans of other teams posing as Commanders fans. That happens all the time. Online and call in.

Let's see how patient Adam Peters and Harris and Co. are.  They must be to get their guy!  It could be next week or week after.  Key:  They must be patient.  

Edited by RWJ

29 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

A good hire for the Bears IMO

If MacDonald was the hire, he would have been a good OC to pair up with him.  Oh well, there is always Greg Roman and others.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

Johnson should be available next Monday. If we don’t hire him or anyone else, then our #1 guy is likely MacDonald; who would be in the SuperBowl.

We will get an idea of who we aren’t hiring this year. I figure our Rooney Rule interviews this week.

29 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

a3ce8d50-128a-45e3-93e8-e78c73193898_tex

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Let's see how patient Adam Peters and Harris and Co. are.  They must be to get their guy!  It could be next week or week after.  Key:  They must be patient.  

If other teams start locking in their HC's it may actually eliminate some competition and narrow the focus. There may be teams that feel a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush and grab the best available early as opposed to gambling on and missing on one that is still in the playoffs. Going to be an interesting week to see which teams just go ahead and make a hire as opposed to waiting for the candidates that are still in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

If other teams start locking in their HC's it may actually eliminate some competition and narrow the focus. There may be teams that feel a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush and grab the best available early as opposed to gambling on and missing on one that is still in the playoffs. Going to be an interesting week to see which teams just go ahead and make a hire as opposed to waiting for the candidates that are still in the playoffs.

Exactly.  Hoping, like you other openings are filled this week.  We wait and get our guy.  I got, #1 MacDonald, #2 Johnson, #3 Raheem.  :) Really want #1 or #2 but will be happy too with Raheem. :) 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I swear I saw on the ESPN scroll that Johnson was interviewing with the Falcons today, which did not make a lot of sense to me as they play on Sunday and he is game planning.  

Edit:  Ooops that was a virtual interview.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

I swear I saw on the ESPN scroll that Johnson was interviewing with the Falcons today, which did not make a lot of sense to me as they play on Sunday and he is game planning.  

Bad ticker tape?  😆

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

They interviewed him last night

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Exactly.  Hoping, like you other openings are filled this week.  We wait and get our guy.  I got, #1 MacDonald, #2 Johnson, #3 Raheem.  :)  

I was all in on Johnson initially but Im now leading towards MaCdonald, my early reservations were purely because he is not on the offensive side of the ball and fears of losing our OC if they were good. More that I have thought about it and focused on MaCdonald I now lead toward him putting together a good D and trust him to find an OC. MaCdonald to me just seems to have that drive to excel in all aspects.