Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Anybody notice in the pregame that Peters got no credit for all the good players SF drafted or brought in?  They credited John Lynch.  

Of course. Peters isn't with SF anymore so the credit goes to Lynch. That's not what was being said while he was still in SF.

3 hours ago, klwilkins1977 said:

You all are killing me with the Rooney Rule complaints. You think our new regime should just fall in love with Johnson without interviewing EVERY viable candidate?   Who annointed Johnson?  You think Magic Johnson is going to allow us to not do our due diligence with every candidate... INCLUDING Black candidates? That's the way we got into this quagmire after Schottenheimer and Gibbs 2. 

What makes Morris less of a candidate... especially for a team that finished nearly last in defense?  Funny, nearly no one is questioning the Johnson hype from the talking heads, but Raheem's GM gives him a glowing reference and there are ulterior draft picks motives.... 

Get outta here.  INTERVIEW EVERYONE AND PICK THE BEST CANDIDATE. #trusttheprocess

Who said not to hire the best candidate?

I'm a dark-skinned minority myself. If I were a coach, *I* would be a Rooney Rule candidate.

My point is simply this: the speculated "short-list" is Ben Johnson, Dan Quinn, and Raheem Morris. Based on results in the Coordinator/HC positions, I am not impressed with Morris. And the loud public-facing PR campaign from his current employer feels sales-y to me in a bad way.

Conversely, almost every insider has linked Washington to Ben Johnson. Nevertheless, we have to bring in a minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule which we have not done to this point. So when I see a short-list of three candidates and IMO the least impressive resume belongs to the candidate who would satisfy the RR, I begin to speculate.

Look at Atlanta. All the reporting is that Belichick will be The Guy, but they haven't satisfied the Rule either if I'm not mistaken. Imagine being the minority candidate going to interview in Atlanta knowing that the job is going to Belichick. Sham interviews are not a good look optics-wise.

In any case, maybe Morris would be a great HC in his second go-round. I don't know. Honestly, if we're talking diverse candidates, I'd rather bet on Anthony Weaver in Baltimore than Morris. But I think the guy will be Johnson because that's all the buzz from insiders. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Any word on who Peters will retain in the front office? Or do you think he'll just keep who we have until after the draft and then decide. 

I guess he's probably busy with the HC search.

I think some people have said that they’d likely keep what we have in tact due to them having already scouted. I’d be shocked if he didn’t bring some help in.

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Any word on who Peters will retain in the front office? Or do you think he'll just keep who we have until after the draft and then decide. 

I guess he's probably busy with the HC search.

They still have Mayhew listed as a GM on the website which needs to change fast because it's just plain odd at this point. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I would rather have a Bugatti than a rusted Ford Pinto! What a brave take! 

Would you also prefer a billion dollars to a $5 dollar bill?

You wanna know why?  Gimmie 2 minutes.  😀

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Anybody notice in the pregame that Peters got no credit for all the good players SF drafted or brought in?  They credited John Lynch.  

It’s not normal to talk about assistant GM’s or other executives/scouts lower on the totem pole on broadcasts. Credit for the team’s personnel moves goes to the top personnel guy, that’s pretty normal and justified.

• Like 2

People acting like McDonald is a new name or didn't have a top defense in college too and turn around the fortunes of Michigan. 

You saw what another Ravens tree coach did to Penix, Jr., the award winning offensive line and 3 nfl wideouts in the national championship?

And you guys don't want continuity there on that side of the ball? Yeah please avoid the system that limits or even strangles the top qbs and offensive systems in college and pro game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I know.  He's been on my list as my #2, then I was enamored with Slowik and moved him to #3.  When it's all said and done, I think ink a 10 year span D wins over O most of the time.  Thing is we have a O minded GM.  We can get either Ben Johnson, which is still my #1 or MacDonald, if available as he has to be considered #2 as there is more growing for Slowik but he'd climbing the chain fast.  Ben Johnson is ready.  :) I asked this time and time again and got no answer though.  IF we get Johnson, who will be our DC?  LOL

What is an O minded GM?

If they get Johnson as HC, they will be able to find a DC.

Doesn’t seem to be any great candidates on the Detroit staff, but Peters has connections to several coaching staffs through the Shanahan tree.

There are also a couple recently jobless DC’s of interest.  Titans D has been pretty good the past few years under DC Shane Bowen.  Who knows if he will keep his job with Vrabel out.  Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen is most likely available.  I think he is good.  

• Like 1

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

🤔

Means Johnson isn’t likely going to Carolina. Or at least thats what the reporter is trying to imply. Who knows though. I dont think any FO person is gonna wanna work for Tepper.

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

What is an O minded GM?

Doesn’t seem to be any great candidates on the Detroit staff, but Peters has connections to several coaching staffs through the Shanahan tree.

There are also a couple recently jobless DC’s of interest.  Titans D has been pretty good the past few years under DC Shane Bowen.  Who knows if he will keep his job with Vrabel out.  Falcons DC Ryan Nielsen is most likely available.  I think he is good.  

Nielsen would be a coup. He really did well with Atlanta’s D.

• Like 1

I want winners! And I want people who want to win! 

We picked a guy from a strong organizational culture in terms of executive leadership and talent acquisition. The Ravens have been a standout organization for a long time now and the DCs who did their apprenticeship at Michigan seem uniquely talented and get results just about immediately. And they're from the Ravens.  

I think the QB, offensive head coach pairing is overrated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Who said not to hire the best candidate?

I'm a dark-skinned minority myself. If I were a coach, *I* would be a Rooney Rule candidate.

My point is simply this: the speculated "short-list" is Ben Johnson, Dan Quinn, and Raheem Morris. Based on results in the Coordinator/HC positions, I am not impressed with Morris. And the loud public-facing PR campaign from his current employer feels sales-y to me in a bad way.

Conversely, almost every insider has linked Washington to Ben Johnson. Nevertheless, we have to bring in a minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule which we have not done to this point. So when I see a short-list of three candidates and IMO the least impressive resume belongs to the candidate who would satisfy the RR, I begin to speculate.

Look at Atlanta. All the reporting is that Belichick will be The Guy, but they haven't satisfied the Rule either if I'm not mistaken. Imagine being the minority candidate going to interview in Atlanta knowing that the job is going to Belichick. Sham interviews are not a good look optics-wise.

In any case, maybe Morris would be a great HC in his second go-round. I don't know. Honestly, if we're talking diverse candidates, I'd rather bet on Anthony Weaver in Baltimore than Morris. But I think the guy will be Johnson because that's all the buzz from insiders. 

In the case of Atlanta (Belichick) or even San Diego (Harbaugh) you’d have a point if the team has already decided on the coach, then the interview would be a sham to appease the rule or purely an opportunity for the coach to prepare and practice on his road to a HC position, which is still invaluable. 

However, Raheem Morris has a long and impressive resume’ especially considering the Super Bowl ring he wears as the DC for the 2022 Rams and the years of experience he has both as a HC and Defensive coordinator; which is why his name, along with Glenn from Detroit, are amongst the list of hot names.

Now Ben Johnson may very well be the best option and potentially our next HC, but to imply Morris or Glenn are “only” a Rooney Rule interview for our specific opening is disingenuous and inconsistent with the process Harris and staff claim to be following. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Means Johnson isn’t likely going to Carolina. Or at least thats what the reporter is trying to imply. Who knows though. I dont think any FO person is gonna wanna work for Tepper.

Yeah, think it may be a fairly strong indication… or it may just be he knew he wouldn’t be a finalist regardless. 

23 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

What is an O minded GM?

Peters was a former TE so that's what I meant in O minded GM.  Shane Bowen.  Good call.  Neilsen would be a good hire too.   

Edited by RWJ

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Of course. Peters isn't with SF anymore so the credit goes to Lynch. That's not what was being said while he was still in SF.

Why stress over it? Let Peters take the QB that is going to embarrass Purdy's noodle arm ass over the next decade. 

• Like 2

Purdy redeemed himself with that last drive when they needed it and Jordan Love panicked. He was too overconfident, throwing across your body and late? Disaster. 

The consistency is insane

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

Wanted the 9ers to lose.  Oh well. GB outplayed the 9ers but turnovers hurt. 

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Purdy redeemed himself with that last drive when they needed it and Jordan Love panicked. He was too overconfident, throwing across your body and late? Disaster. 

Rookie bonehead mistake by Jordan but he really came on this year.  Next year.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

LMAO!

Also interesting

Kenny Pickett doesn’t look too good either. He was highly criticized for hand size. I would say this is just like the tackle arm length. There are exceptions to the rule but normally the rules are in place for a reason.