Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Eagles? The others make sense. But that one does not. 

Didn't even see that one. I saw commanders and wasn't surprised but yeah Eagles kinda surprises me. Then again it is Howie Roseman so nothing surprises me. Who is to say its for Caleb. It could be for MHJ. 

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Didn't even see that one. I saw commanders and wasn't surprised but yeah Eagles kinda surprises me. Then again it is Howie Roseman so nothing surprises me. Who is to say its for Caleb. It could be for MHJ. 

That would be great for us. Let them have the #1 pick either way. I can't imagine they would ever get it though. No way the Bears go down from #1 to #22 --- even if the Eagles offered a 1st round pick in every draft for the next 5 years.

The Patriots make the most sense there given they can go from #1 to #3 and still draft Harrison. But I am not convinced the Bears are trading #1. I'd say there's a 90% chance they take Caleb. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep.  One of the if not the most unbelievable source of a NFL beat reporter in the biz.  

That’s the problem with Florio - he’s not a beat guy. He’s not that connected on a national level within the league either. I’m sure he has some connections around the league and probably more so with agents - but he’s just not that connected. 

He throws out stuff on the basis some of it must be right eventually …

24 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Eagles? The others make sense. But that one does not. 

Actually I think it makes perfect sense. Hurts is a decent quarterback and manages the game nicely for them in an offense that is stacked with playmakers. But he's not a real difference maker at the position. Eagles also have a history of selling high with QB (Bradford when they traded up for Wentz, Wentz when they moved on to Hurts). And look, Hurts being an established QB already that would be an upgrade over Fields absolutely would give them a possible leg up over other trade offers. Hurts, this year's 1st, and two future 1sts for #1 overall? That's not a bad trade for Chicago if they think Hurts could take them to the next level. 

Edited by TheGoodBits

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim wasn't going hard with his own take about how people should perceive things about Quinn.  He was talking about league perception.  That is, they aren't living and dying with one game.

Plenty are high on Quinn as a defensive cordinator.  Dallas' defense improved under him.  But I don't get the vibe its the operative point anyway. 

I get the vibe that there is big difference with what most here want in a coach, play calling and what Peters-ownership-Myers seems to be looking for which is leadership. 

Quinn is far from my top guy.  But none of the people they are interviewing are dudes I dislike.  I've heard enough noise around Quinn to this team that I gather he's a serous candidate.  If so I'll trust Myers, Peters etc. 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/jay-glazer-cowboys-dc-dan-quinn-still-top-candidate-for-head-coach-jobs-despite-loss

Jay Glazer: Cowboys DC Dan Quinn still 'top candidate' for head-coaching jobs despite loss

Updated Jan. 14, 2024 9:51 p.m. ET

Dan Quinn has had a very productive past three seasons as Cowboys defensive coordinator after his 2020 firing as Falcons head coach, one that has reportedly put him back in contention for another chance at a head-coaching job.

But after the Packers humiliated Quinn's defense in their shocking 48-32 drubbing of the Cowboys in the first-ever playoff win for a No. 7 seed over a No. 2 seed in the NFL playoffs, the focus quickly shifted to whether Quinn's boss Mike McCarthy would keep his job as Cowboys head coach — and whether Quinn could even be seen as a worthy candidate to succeed him in that role.

But regardless of what happens to McCarthy in Dallas, Quinn will still be hotly pursued by teams with head-coaching vacancies, according to FOX Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer.

Jori is a Dallas Cowboy beat reporter so naturally she is going to say nice things about DQ so he can come here just like our beat reporters would be pushing RR and EB to other teams as coaches.  😆

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That’s the problem with Florio - he’s not a beat guy. He’s not that connected on a national level within the league either. I’m sure he has some connections around the league and probably more so with agents - but he’s just not that connected. 

He throws out stuff on the basis some of it must be right eventually …

No, he's a former lawyer "wanna be" beat guy. 

• Like 1

You don’t pay a QB price for the privilege of taking a WR before the first QB can even go. Don’t think the Eagles can even afford to trade that high

If the report’s even real, probably just a due diligence thing so they can gauge the price compared to other spots in the top-10, if anything. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Jori is a Dallas Cowboy beat reporter so naturally she is going to say nice things about DQ so he can come here just like our beat reporters would be pushing RR and EB to other teams as coaches.  😆

OK, somehow I doubt though that its a sham when Keim talks to people he knows around the league that they are high on Quinn.

Quinn is not my guy by a long shot.

But if I thought this regime are interviewing lemons for this job, tough for me to see how I can be high on this regime.  And i am high on the regime.

51 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Due diligence if nothing else, something I don't think we were getting from the previous regime. I imagine we are getting the same type of calls for the #2.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is another, less obvious, reason to hire an HC who doubles as a coordinator IMO. If you do experience success and make a dep post season run, your coordinators are not able to focus 100% of their time and energy on game planning during the week as they also have to prep for (and take) interviews. 

It probably has less of an impact than this tweet suggests, but it still matters. 

Well he could just cancel his Saturday interviews……

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK, somehow I doubt though that its a sham when Keim talks to people he knows around the league that they are high on Quinn.

Quinn is not my guy by a long shot.

But if I thought this regime are interviewing lemons for this job, tough for me to see how I can be high on this regime.  And i am high on the regime.

It's cool, SIP.  Just pointing something out. That's all. :) Legit, I think.  Put the shoe on the other foot.  

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

You don’t pay a QB price for the privilege of taking a WR before the first QB can even go. Don’t think the Eagles can even afford to trade that high

If the report’s even real, probably just a due diligence thing so they can gauge the price compared to other spots in the top-10, if anything. 

Eagles could always just up twice

53 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I have a feeling Slowick is going to stay with the Texans one more year. He has a QB with so much potential that I think he wants to develop him more and get another year of coaching under his belt. Heck, if Florio can offer opinions, so can I.

I think you are right. Johnson wasn't the clear cut #1 guy last season, stayed with the Lions and now he is.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

If we're not super high on Maye or Daniels, this makes sense.

If someone is offering a kings ransom and gets ahead of us, maybe our trade back is still alive.

I dig the due diligence though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d say the Bears want to pick at 1 or 2. They either want Williams and take him, or they want MHJ and swap picks with us.

Yeah I imagine we are in a good spot to be able to move up and it not be super expensive if the Bears want MHJ.

• Like 1

IMO, Peters wouldn't have taken this job unless he planned to take a QB at 2 that he had strong conviction could be a potential franchise QB.  He was too good of a candidate to take this job and tie himself to a bust or run it back with Howell. 

That's why I'm 99.99% sure we won't trade up or trade back from #2.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d be upset if we hadn’t inquired the going rate to love from 2 to 1.

You're probably, I'm guesstimating giving up a 2nd round pick this year and a 2nd next year.