Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

HOG

Pres

VP

HoFO

HC,GM

and the rest, here on not gilligans island any moooore

I don't think this is accurate. Head of Football Ops and Jason Wright's position are basically the same level. One for football and one for business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They way it reads to me, HigSkin in VP of Football OPS only.  It would be a bonus if we could land both but looks like only one.  I will say this keep an eye on 9ers RJ Gillen Director of Pro Personnel as GM if Peters is the one.  He has to be. Hiring of Myers.  

I think both will have a role with Peters (Personnel specialty) and Cunningham (Analytics specialty)

19 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

😂 You’re totally right. I wasn’t aware of that rule… but it makes sense.

Honestly, I intended to use the text feature that puts a line through the text. Then I realized I don’t even know how. 🤣

Im officially old.

And I really wanted to use the word titillating.

Iforgiveyou.gif.a8de5d17a37f890d0e1ee3a570d46f63.gif

OneTime.gif.cf8891150a648f06a06457071079fd64.gif

• Haha 2

Dont be shocked if this happens...

The Wizards were very much viewed as a bottom rung franchise.

They then proceeded to get the brightest "Big Picture" Ops guy in Winger, AND the brightest young GM in Dawkins, AND one of the best scout/personnel guys in Travis Schlenk...

We could see a trio here of Ops (Peters: Big picture/Org/Stadium/etc), GM (Cunningham: Team structure/contracts/trades/etc), and Scout/Personnel (Mayhew?).

Harris is going to go big and set up a REAL organization here...watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I think both will have a role with Peters (Personnel specialty) and Cunningham (Analytics specialty)

Possible but Cunningham may want the same power and that constitutes a problem.  There can only be one.  

1 minute ago, UK Skins said:

Don't forget Ron Rivera is considered a great human too! 😉 

Good point, UK and was recognized as so with our military especially.  

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

How legit is JP.  He seems like a Hollywood type to me, SIP.  

JP is pretty well connected. He works for monumental sports, one of the more popular beat reporters, works pretty hard to get information.  

His takes have become dumber the longer he works with Brian Mitchell.  BMitch's dumbass old grumpy man schtick is rubbing off on him.

But as a reporter, he's pretty good.  

• Like 1

Is Ben Johnson still considered the top HC possibility in the world? I like him a lot but shouldn't JimH surpass him as the top candidate out there? Not only did he just win a major national championship but more importantly, he has NFL head coaching experience. Not just experience but terrific success ( a trip to the Super Bowl ) Ben has none of that. Being a leader of men is a big deal. We all know the difference in HC and OC is astronomical. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It does seem odd that they have BOTH blown off their other interviews. You surely wouldn't do that if there was only one opening?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Pretty good like our culture under BA, or actually pretty good?

Their OL ranked 5th overall in Pass Block Win Rate and 2nd overall in Run Block Win Rate in 2023.

They ranked 6th in Rush YPA in 2023.

And their defense was elite once they got Sweat.

Bears_Since_Week_12.png

They weren't terrible before that either.

image.png.b1ad3f0c98fb3e314af64beda5443d5b.png

They also have a top 10 WR in DJ Moore and a legit starting TE in Kmet.  Fields and the offensive playcalling is what held them back last year.

Edited by HTTRDynasty

3 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

I don't think this is accurate. Head of Football Ops and Jason Wright's position are basically the same level. One for football and one for business.

Eh, who knows.  

Forget Jason Wright and his role.  It's irrelevant because he's going to be gone soon.

They can't interview a "GM" because they have one in title.  They don't want to fire Mayhew because they need somebody to work the mail room. 

HOFO is going to be the head of the front office.  I think that person is going to be on the same level as the Head Coach when all is said and done with it.  Both will either work for Josh directly, or they'll hire somebody in-between.

I don't think Peters is going to be the "president" or "lead executive" of football, because you want him running the scouting, putting the roster together, doing all those things.  

2 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

It does seem odd that they have BOTH blown off their other interviews. You surely wouldn't do that if there was only one opening?

They're both probably happy with their current jobs and only wanna leave if they can get the head honcho job here.

• Like 1

This post, @Skinsinparadise These are some heavy words and how credible do you think them to be from JP. I don't follow Hollywood JP too much. IF Hollywood is right, then possibly an outside chance that both could work together.  But words are powerful and it could be interpreted some other way too. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, who knows.  

Forget Jason Wright and his role.  It's irrelevant because he's going to be gone soon.

They can't interview a "GM" because they have one in title.  They don't want to fire Mayhew because they need somebody to work the mail room. 

HOFO is going to be the head of the front office.  I think that person is going to be on the same level as the Head Coach when all is said and done with it.  Both will either work for Josh directly, or they'll hire somebody in-between.

I don't think Peters is going to be the "president" or "lead executive" of football, because you want him running the scouting, putting the roster together, doing all those things.  

Yeah. My main point was that the Head of Football Ops would report to HOG and no one else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

This post, @Skinsinparadise These are some heavy words and how credible do you think them to be from JP. I don't follow Hollywood JP too much.

JP is OK as a source from what I recall.  Medium IMO.  Not great.  Not bad.  He doesn't push too many insider type narratives generally.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

That's definitely a key to me

Thus questioning JP. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP is OK as a source from what I recall.  Medium IMO.  Not great.  Not bad.  He doesn't push too many insider type narratives generally.

Then I will take his Hollywood post as just that.  This is why I don't follow him much. TIA, SIP.  :)  

32 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

😂 You’re totally right. I wasn’t aware of that rule… but it makes sense.

Honestly, I intended to use the text feature that puts a line through the text. Then I realized I don’t even know how. 🤣

You mean "strikethrough"? Man, life must be good to not have to master Word. ;) 

• Haha 1