Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Keim has shot this down on multiple occasions.

Yeah, that's why I was surprised at how emphatic Florio was when he reported it this morning. Keim slammed the door shut on Belicheck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some thought Ben Johnson would want LA because of Herbert.  So I am glad to take them out of the hunt hopefully.

Tepper supposedly wants Johnson bad.  I know some say no way he goes there.  But he's from that state.  And Tepper could just blow him away with a money offer and or power.  So I don't rule them out as suitors.

As to Quinn, he's clearly a great defensive coach.  And I've heard a good motivator, too.  I've heard several times that Dallas doesn't want to lose him and might even fire McCarthy to keep him.  He's sort of been to them what Gregg Williams was to use years back.

But I'd rather have someone on offense not defense.  And rather the first act not a 2nd act. 

I could live with Quinn as head coach and Martindale as his DC.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Did I read that they are interviewing Martin Mayhew for the GM position? Why exactly?

In addition I though the plan was to hire a GM and let him decide the coach. So why are they lining up interviews for the coaching position before a GM has been named?

From what I heard, Harris stated yesterday that he would be very involved in the head coaching hire. We know Myers and Spielman are leading the GM search. Somehow it's all gonna have to come together collectively. It's good we're interviewing head coaching candidates so we don't fall behind. I gotta believe someone will be helping Harris in finding the head coach.

50 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I know one of our beat reporters very matter of factly shut this talk down but Florio disagrees based on his source.

That's his source :

k9Cd_Xpo_400x400.jpg

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Did I read that they are interviewing Martin Mayhew for the GM position? Why exactly?

In addition I though the plan was to hire a GM and let him decide the coach. So why are they lining up interviews for the coaching position before a GM has been named?

Don’t believe that they are interviewing Mayhew for GM.

These coaching interviews get rolling fast for all teams, so they are setting up 1st/video interviews for some top candidates.  The head of football ops will probably be hired in less than 2 weeks, and then they can  have 2nd interviews with guys and bring in anyone else they want to interview and lead the rest of the process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Would love this.  

Wouldn’t be surprised to see McClay’s team leaking this to increase his pay / title in Big D though. 

McClay would exceed even Peters with me.  He's been quietly a legend whenever you read about personnel-scouting guys.  He's the unsung hero for saviing that franchise from Jerry.  From what I've heard Jerry stopped interferring much in their drafts because McClay was so good at his job. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I've mentioned McClay for years on different threads.  I didn't think he'd ever be in play elsewhere because from what I've read he's the defacto GM.  But Jerry won't give up the GM title.

If changing his title and also he wouldn't have to deal with an owner who thinks they know football like Jerry -- if that grabs him.  then pay him whatever it takes.

Homerun hire IMO.  Weakens Dallas, too. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McClay would exceed even Peters with me.  He's been quietly a legend whenever you read about personnel-scouting guys.  He's the unsung hero for saviing that franchise from Jerry.  From what I've heard Jerry stopped interferring much in their drafts because McClay was so good at his job. 

Yep McClay would be #1 for me too. Sure player development is a piece of the equation but this guy drafts All Pro after All Pro continuously. I would just hope Quinn isn’t forcibly attached

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I've mentioned McClay for years on different threads.  I didn't think he'd ever be in play elsewhere because from what I'vew read he's the defacto GM.  But Jerry won't give up the GM title.

If changing his title and also he wouldn't have to deal with an owner who else things they know football like Jerry -- if that grabs him.  then pay him whatever it takes.

Homerun hire IMO.  Weakens Dallas, too. 

giphy.gif

Man, if we can't land Peter's wouldn't it be sweet to steal this guy from Dallas

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

This is an impressive start I’ll say that. Right out of the gate. 

What this proves is how long this has been in the works.  Harris probably started to engage Myers and Spielman around Halloween or earlier.  

Just the logistics of getting them on board, approved to have the conversations, connected, all that stuff, takes time.  It takes time to work through the engagement letters (I'm assuming both are "contractors" and not team employees), defining what the scope is, etc.  All of these things take some time.

Then, it's absolutely clear there has been a lot of prep work already done.  Lists were created, internal discussions were had, they probably had some degree of a down-select from an initial list, collecting of contact information for agents, and maybe even some preliminary discussions with agents as long as they didn't break any rules, about getting ahead of setting up interviews.

That way, as soon as the starter pistol went off, they were able to engage and rapid fire start setting things up.  

One question I wished was asked which wasn't was when the process started.  I'm pretty sure Harris would have tip-toed around the answer, but this thing didn't come together between Sunday night and Monday morning.  It's probably been months in the making.  

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Yep McClay would be #1 for me too. Sure player development is a piece of the equation but this guy drafts All Pro after All Pro continuously. I would just hope Quinn isn’t forcibly attached

Been a GM grouipie for years.  I yearned for one.  And would read everything I can find about it.  And there is no one who stood out to me like McClay.

Just like Gase, I am skeptical about whether they could lure him here, but wow if they did.  As much as I like Gase, McClay to me is in a different orbit.  If I had pick one reason why Dallas has won more than this team -- its the contrast of McClay versus the clowns running this FO.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

They can have him. I'm not a fan of his approach or personality.

Me either

4 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Man, if we can't land Peter's wouldn't it be sweet to steal this guy from Dallas

I love Peters' profile but McClay is no consolation prize.  IMO he's quietly a legend in that GM business. IMO an even bigger get.

It would bolster us and weaken Dallas.  Alas, I think its so obvious that Jerry won't let it happen.  I bet this translates to another big raise for Will from Dallas.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

Listened to Keim.  If @Koolblue13 only reads one post today he'd want it to be this one.

A.  Bieniemy won't be the HC.  He thinks he might not even get an interview.  Too many players don't care for the scheme or his personality.

B.  Belichick nope.  No chance.

C.  Harbaugh --he doesn't think so but a slimmer of a chance

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

42 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'm not big on Dan Quinn, but I'll give him credit for professionalism. It's good that he's waiting until well after the Cowboys are out of the playoffs.

• Haha 4