Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t particularly care if Spielman likes these prospects or not. He’s not our GM. I don’t love that he’s helping decide who to hire, but at the same time finding FO talent doesn’t always mean the same thing as finding player talent. So it’s not even worth worrying about his takes on these players or who he’s drafted…

Unless he becomes our GM.

And then we should all panic.

I'm not crazy about Spielman offering up his opinion on prospects if he's less than enthusiastic about the player. What if the GM they hire loves someone that Spielman was already on record as being lukewarm on? That's not good.

55 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

So i did a quick search, and wasn't able to determine whether the front office guys (Wright, Mayhew, Herning) were also fired along with Ron.  I assume they were, being that Myers has been engaged to find their replacements.  But nothing confirmed yet.  Also saw a blip that they'll be interviewing EB for the head coaching job, for obvious reasons. Then they'll fire him too, I assume.

No, no one else was fired (yet).  And, no, I don’t believe there was word of EB being interviewed.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not crazy about Spielman offering up his opinion on prospects if he's less than enthusiastic about the player. What if the GM they hire loves someone that Spielman was already on record as being lukewarm on? That's not good.

He offered as part of a job working with a web site.  Nothing to do with this.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

No, no one else was fired (yet).  And, no, I don’t believe there was word of EB being interviewed.

Sorry Coach Bieniemy, we're not hiring you as head coach...and you're fired as assistant head coach. Good day.

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

His first round picks aren't as much of interest to me than his evaluation of QBs. He traded away a 1st and 4th for Sam Bradford then drafted Kellen Mond to be the future of the Vikings franchise which is part of what got him fired (on top of Ponder and Bridgewater). To his credit, he did take full responsibility for pushing them to draft Ponder and admitted her was wrong. 

Getting Kirk was seen as a good thing at the time but considering what they got...maybe not so much since the Vikings haven't gone anywhere in the postseason since Kirk got there, he was paid a TON and Kirk is likely to be moving on now. 

Who goes for the future of their franchise with a third round pick?  Kirk was there still.  But even playing along 90% plus of third round picks at QBs are busts.

How do you know it was him who wanted Ponder and not the dude who was in charge of the actual pick?  

Bridgewater as the last pick of the first round is a good pick.

But regardless its tough to fine some pristine record for a GM at QBs.  It's a crap shoot position for a reason.  Hard to get right.  Howie Roseman talked about it once in a long article about the Eagles quest to find that guy, keep trying, you will miss but then try again.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

It doesn’t matter. If you don’t figure out QB in a timely manner, heads roll no matter what other talent you have accumulated and developed. That’s the lesson. It’s as simple as that. Sometimes it’s just bad luck. Sometimes it’s bad decision-making.

That’s the entire reason why people keep explaining to you that when you have a shot at it, you have to take the swing. 

But would they have not explained is, what QB they would have taken instead in those drafts? It started as a why you take a top 3 QB, look at Atlanta. Would have they been better to pick those busts QB I posted and wasted all that draft capital to move up? Coach might have got fired last year?

8 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Damn this is fast and furious.  They've obviously been working on this list behind the scenes for months.  Sooo nice to see GM names along with coaching names.  So nice to see that there has been a plan (not that anyone is surprised) in place for some time.  

Exciting stuff.  This new ownership group is doing it right and now this is actually a franchise people want to be a part of.  

My guess they were hired probably around the time we traded Young and Sweat.  Obviously, no announcement was going to be made until after Ron was let go.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He offered as part of a job working with a web site.  Nothing to do with this.

Exactly. Spielman is only on there kind of grading Ryan Wilsons drafts, talking trade scenarios and how front offices think. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Slowik is my guy. Let’s gooooooo!!!!

He was for me for a span after Ben Johnson, i posted a bunch of articles about him here. 

But then when I started reading about his personality and listening to the SF reporters talk about him -- I get Norv vibes as to the dude being low key and not being the most inspiring person. 

But heck that could be wrong or even if its right not every HC has a lot of personality ala Tony Dungy.  So its not a deal breaker with me.  But its one thing that made me pause a little.  But i am still interested.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Slowik has the developing Stroud intangible and he called plays in Hou. Double whammy.

He'd be a good pull to put around our young QB. Maybe some of that magic rubs off.

He’s my top pick for the developing Stroud and running the most QB friendly system possible. And if we do pull a coup and get Peters…..he if anyone knows the kinds of players the system requires. Specifically the linemen. 

It would be a dope paring for us! 

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nice!  I was kind of waiting for that one.  Thought it was a little curious that 4 defensive guys had been reported on for interviews but only Johnson for offensive guys.

• Like 2

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Nice!  I was kind of waiting for that one.  Thought it was a little curious that 4 defensive guys had been reported on for interviews but only Johnson for offensive guys.

If Peters becomes the GM one has to thing Slowick becomes the HC.  

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I favor guys on offense.

My #1 guy by a mile is Ben Johnson.  Has the playcalling chops but also comes off like a leader from what I've heard-read.

Then Frank Smith -- isn't calling plays but is helping run the offense, has the rep of being great connecting with players.  If I recall players rated him as their favorite coordinator in the league when the players voted on this recently.

Then Slowik.  He's only called players for one year but clearly he's worked well with Stroud.  Kyle Shanny tree.  I read he's a low key guy and not the most charasmatic but is a super nice guy.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I favor guys on offense.

My #1 guy by a mile is Ben Johnson.  Has the playcalling chops but also comes off like a leader from what I've heard-read.

Then Frank Smith -- isn't calling plays but is helping run the offense, has the rep of being great connecting with players.  If I recall players rated him as their favorite coordinator in the league when the players voted on this recently.

Then Slowik.  He's only called players for one year but clearly he's worked well with Stroud.  Kyle Shanny tree.  I read he's a low key guy and not the most charasmatic but is a super nice guy.

Who does Peters select as HC though.  I like you want Johnson but Peters probably goes with Slowik.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

If Peters becomes the GM one has to thing Slowick becomes the HC.  

Maybe, but it does not always goes down like that.  For example when Pace got the GM job in Chicago he didn't even interview Bieniemy even though they were together at KC.

Someone here awhile back said they read or heard somewhere that Peters and Ben Johnson know each other very well and go back with something in the past.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Who does Peters select as HC though.  I like you want Johnson but Peters probably goes with Slowik.  

All this Peters is already our GM talk, feels like a jinx to me.  I know you said you don't believe in jinxing but I do....:ols:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

With a rookie QB you have to have an O mind as HC. I know what happened in Houston, and I believe that is an abberation. 

Young QBs need consistency in the scheme, and the odds are higher that with a d-minded HC, you lose a successful OC who becomes an HC

Again there are exceptions, but I would rather we go O minded

Glad to see you posting again. I am with you.  An Offensive HC is better for our rookie QB.

• Like 1