Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We’re requesting HC interviews without a GM in place. Part of me likes that we are ensuring we talk to great candidates… but isn’t that what the GM is supposed to do?

They very likely get the GM first but you don't want to fall behind on the top prospects 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

We’re requesting HC interviews without a GM in place. Part of me likes that we are ensuring we talk to great candidates… but isn’t that what the GM is supposed to do?

head scratcher for sure. Ill wait until this all plays out, but definitely weird. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

They were especially stoked about him but they were selling the full package of TEs -- Hodges definitely among them.  If I could have a dollar about how many times I heard he has freakish size and ability I'd be a rich dude.

Yup. They talked both of them up a great deal. At the end of the day, we saw diddly poo. 

Rogers is one of those young guys that could still be a contributor next year, will be interesting all the way around

My guess is some subset of the HC and GM candidates have already spoken about pairing together

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

They very likely get the GM first but you don't want to fall behind on the top prospects 

I understand that. But I’m hoping that the GM is hired before they sit with the HC interviews. Requesting interviews now makes a ton of sense. Hope it plays out the way it seems like it will.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

So i did a quick search, and wasn't able to determine whether the front office guys (Wright, Mayhew, Herning) were also fired along with Ron.  I assume they were, being that Myers has been engaged to find their replacements.  But nothing confirmed yet.  Also saw a blip that they'll be interviewing EB for the head coaching job, for obvious reasons. Then they'll fire him too, I assume.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I understand that. But I’m hoping that the GM is hired before they sit with the HC interviews. Requesting interviews now makes a ton of sense. Hope it plays out the way it seems like it will.

From what I understand they can't do physical interviews for head coaches until the 22nd.   But they can put in a request, do a zoom at some point, etc.

Most of their interview requests are for GM.

Rick Spielman who is conducting this process comes off obssessed (in an interview I watched) for having a GM and a HC on the same page from the jump.  So i am not worried.  And I like how they are doing this.  I don't want to be the last team requesting to interview Ben Johnson for example.  

Also in some cases you can piece together which GMs have relationships with what coaches.  If idiots like us can do it here, I bet a professional GM from this business has a good idea.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

So i did a quick search, and wasn't able to determine whether the front office guys (Wright, Mayhew, Herning) were also fired along with Ron.  I assume they were, being that Myers has been engaged to find their replacements.  But nothing confirmed yet.  Also saw a blip that they'll be interviewing EB for the head coaching job, for obvious reasons. Then they'll fire him too, I assume.

They were not.

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I dont know how any coach would agree to an interview with Tepper. He is likely to pour a beer on them and fire them week 5 of next season. That guy is the new Snyder. 

• Like 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Ben Johnson now has interviews with the Commanders, Panthers and Chargers

If he’s our top want I’m only really worried about the chargers at this time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, illone said:

head scratcher for sure. Ill wait until this all plays out, but definitely weird. 

It’s not weird at all, it’s been explained a bunch today. Tons of teams do the initial round of first HC interviews this way every offseason, concurrent with the GM interviews, until the new GM hire is done. Part of their own interviews being their opinions on the HC prospects. Then the GM jumps in ASAP on the next round of interviews and has a major say in the final choice.

This is even easier nowadays because many of the coaches are in the playoffs and can’t be contacted for in-person interviews until they’re eliminated. So you’re just setting the board for the future GM by doing an initial round of virtual interviews with the most coveted options. 

Otherwise you fall behind. 

• Like 3

Spielman has been on with Ryan Wilson quite a lot over the past couple of months. I watch his mock drafts on Youtube. Spielman really loves Williams and Maye both. You can search for earlier vids. I think this one is the most recent one from 4 days ago. Gives you a chance to get into Spielmans mind a little bit. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Spielman has been on with Ryan Wilson quite a lot over the past couple of months. I watch his mock drafts on Youtube. Spielman really loves Williams and Maye both. You can search for earlier vids. I think this one is the most recent one from 4 days ago. Gives you a chance to get into Spielmans mind a little bit. 

Spielman's history with QBs (also add Kellen Mond to this list):

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Spielman's history with QBs:

And none of them were anywhere close to the consensus top prospects Maye or Williams are considered. Plus Spielman wont be the one making that decision. He is helping find the person that will.

• Thumb up 1