Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, HigSkin said:

Harris just said thorough and rapid process so sounds like this is happening quick (ref Head of FO)

Yep wants the GM first.  Talented prospects for GM likely have other choices -- implying he wants to pounce first.

• Like 2

Seems like Adam peters is going to be the next GM. Hes taking the interview and I can’t see him turning an offer down if commanders hire him. Cant believe how respectable we seem after Ron being fired . I hope Rick stays with the team also especially in the scouting department .

Dude drafted AP/Harvin/Diggs/Harrison smith/ Jefferson and a lot more dudes !

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I posted the same thing.  But yeah I'd kill for Peters.  By reputation, he's the dude that stands out to me as the best get.

Yeah, just catching up while at lunch.  Would be ecstatic if we could land Peters.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Nobody can say that this year Ron wasn't given a fair shot this year. Harris was pretty blunt about that. Told him he'd get the season, he got the season, we weren't good. Others have said that they way it was handled with the press releases, even from Ron, it's a good look for ownership.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Harris just said thorough and rapid process so sounds like this is happening quick (ref Head of FO)

Kind of needs to happen quick. We are what 100 days or so from the draft? A lot to get done before then. 

• Like 3

I wonder if the stoppage in GM search alerts from national media means anything.  Like have they zero'd in on one of them (Peters) and did the interviews Harris did last month at that conference count towards NFL hiring requirements?

Turned down interviews with Cardinals and Titans last year, the fact he’s willing to interview fills me with promise as to just how attractive the franchise is now.

You get someone like Peters in, you’d imagine it only makes it more attractive to the hot HC candidates

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's not surprising at all, but Harris is such a better speaker than Snyder.

No, not surprising at all. Going back to the ownership speculation discussions, it appears we really lucked out with Harris given his professional sports franchise experience. The professionalism, decisiveness, and sense of urgency to this process has been a breath of fresh air.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder if the stoppage in GM search alerts from national media means anything.  Like have they zero'd in on one of them (Peters) and did the interviews Harris did last month at that conference count towards NFL hiring requirements?

Probably Harris made a bunch of calls this morning before the press conference, then obviously he wasn’t making calls during the press conference.

Ive seen reports that they requested interviews with:

*Adam Peters - Assistant GM, 49ers

*Ian Cunningham - Assistant GM, Bears

*Alec Halaby -  Assistant GM, Eagles

*Glenn Cook - Assistant GM, Browns 

*Mike Borgonzi - Assistant GM, Chiefs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Probably Harris made a bunch of calls this morning before the press conference, then obviously he wasn’t making calls during the press conference.

Ive seen reports that they requested interviews with:

*Adam Peters - Assistant GM, 49ers

*Ian Cunningham - Assistant GM, Bears

*Alec Halaby -  Assistant GM, Eagles

*Glenn Cook - Assistant GM, Browns 

*Mike Borgonzi - Assistant GM, Chiefs

That is my list as well, and that is a lot of quality names.  Just plain excited.