Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Interesting happenings on Twitter, could be nothing. I responded to Ben Standig with this:

image.png.6921f0caae2f5e0ac51bb66aa77fe3dc.png

Liked by...
image.png.f6e0df57b5caa551e0ecb3ffb523cc60.png

This is non-personnel-related priority #2, behind the stadium. May even be #1B.

Are you saying having our hand picked trainer under FBI investigation is a bad thing? The culture is damn good.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Interesting happenings on Twitter, could be nothing. I responded to Ben Standig with this:

Liked by...

The fact that Jen Leno liked this just confirms what we already know. There really is no getting around that. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Injuries are largely luck with the exception of some guys who are just genetically effed(i.e. Malcolm Kelly).

No there is very much a science to staying healthy at the level these men are playing at. Luck is involved for sure. But why do you think someone Like Cousins never missed a game until recently AND puts in all that work to keep himself going? Its not a coincidence. Its science. And its out training staffs job to know that science and major in it. 

Ask Trent Williams. This **** isn't a joke and its a major issue for us. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No there is very much a science to staying healthy at the level these men are playing at. Luck is involved for sure. But why do you think someone Like Cousins never missed a game until recently AND puts in all that work to keep himself going? Its not a coincidence. Its science. And its out training staffs job to know that science and major in it. 

QBs are an exception as guys like Cousins get rid of the ball quick and don't scramble much so they don't get hit as often, and as such are less risk of being hurt.

But ultimately luck is a HUGE factor when it comes to things like hammies, etc.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

It absolutely is an issue. But luck is also a factor. Trent missed like 3 weeks this season with a knee or ankle. Schreff has not missed a start this season but he came out of a couple of games with ankle issues . Its a violent sport, injuries will happen. You can deal with them a hell of a lot better than we have of course.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The fact that Jen Leno liked this just confirms what we already know. There really is no getting around that. 

Another area where Shen and his staff can make an impact.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

It absolutely is an issue. But luck is also a factor. Trent missed like 3 weeks this season with a knee of ankle. Schreff has not missed a start this season but he come out of a couple of games with ankle issues . Its a violent sport, injuries will happen. You can deal with them a hell of a lot better than we have of course.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

QBs are an exception as guys like Cousins get rid of the ball quick and don't scramble much so they don't get hit as often, and as such are less risk of being hurt.

But ultimately luck is a HUGE factor when it comes to things like hammies, etc.

I guess I'm arguing semantics with myself in this cause I don't actually disagree luck is involved. I just know we can mitigate its (luck) influence and greatly reduce the chances of reinjury with a better staff. Y'all are saying the same thing for the most part I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Sometimes players just have a good run of luck and stay healthy. McCaffrey couldn't stay on the field for an entire series during most of his Carolina career, but he's been an iron man since joining the 49ers.

Luck does play a role in injuries, unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Sometimes players just have a good run of luck and stay healthy. McCaffrey couldn't stay on the field for an entire series during most of his Carolina career, but he's been an iron man since joining the 49ers.

Luck does play a role in injuries, unfortunately.

There is a common denominator there! LOL 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Liked by...

... or it could be that he had very little incentive to play hurt for this sh!t show of an organization and since he was franchised the last 2 years (guaranteed salary) and didnt really want to be here.. he milked every inj here for its max time.   cant really blame him. 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Paulsen said asking around, the name he's heard mentioned to this team that comes up more than most is Alec Halaby.  We've talked about him here.  He's the anayltics guy from    the Eagles

I wouldn't mind Halaby but think that Cunningham has an edge due to working with Shen in Baltimore, our SVP of Analytics.  Also, as we know Cunningham was in Philly too and is an analytical dude too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Ask Trent Williams. This **** isn't a joke and it’s a major issue for us. 

To me, it’s more bizarre that with all the medical technology in society, people still somehow believe health science in general isn’t a thing.  We as men especially should be getting all the checks and exams possible for health, wellness, and longevity.  I have great insurance and USE it! Had my physical Friday! Not excited about Dr. Knuckles at 45 next year, but that’s a future me problem…

Professional athletes  have the best doctors available, period. Nutritionists, sports medicine practitioners, MDs, surgeons, all working for the athlete’s well being because a billionaire’s bottom line is that important. To think it’s a gimmick or luck is just silly in 2023.  The best organizations find every edge possible and exploit it.  Gourmet chefs, hyperbaric chambers, massage therapists, state of the art exercise equipment, etc… should be readily available if you want your team to win, so injuries should not be a surprise when your facilities are graded an F-.  

I hate Dallas, but Jerruh spares no expense trying to help his team win. I’m just hoping Harris does the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I wouldn't mind Halaby but think that Cunningham has an edge due to working with Shen in Baltimore, our SVP of Analytics.  Also, as we know Cunningham was in Philly too and is an analytical dude too. 

Could be but I don't think there is anyway anyone of us could know who has the edge with Harris.  But I get your theory so you might be right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I want an offensively minded coach but I'm not so vehemently against a defensive mind either. The likely COTY this year is Demeco Ryans who's a defensive guy. Watching the Ravens D last night I was thoroughly impressed with how fast and aggressive they played. I have other candidates I'd prefer but I wouldn't hate Macdonald if he's paired with someone like Cunningham in the FO.

The reason Demeco Ryans would be considered for that COTY honor would be because his rookie QB is going the F off under Bob Slowik, so I don’t think that’s really applicable to what you’re arguing. Nobody cares how their D is performing, the story and reason for their surprising success is Stroud and that offense.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think you can make a case that Washington will be the best landing spot for a new coach.

The Chargers get mentioned a lot because of Herbert and Slater. And while enticing, they’ll need to extend Slater as next year is his fifth year. They are currently 27M over the cap for 2024 with 38 players under contract. The cap can be worked, but they will have much less flexibility than Washington.

More spots will open up, and I’m assuming LAC and Was hire new coaches, I’d rank the opportunities as:

Washington

LAC

LV

Carolina

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think you can make a case that Washington will be the best landing spot for a new coach.

The Chargers get mentioned a lot because of Herbert and Slater. And while enticing, they’ll need to extend Slater as next year is his fifth year. They are currently 27M over the cap for 2024 with 38 players under contract. The cap can be worked, but they will have much less flexibility than Washington.

More spots will open up, and I’m assuming LAC and Was hire new coaches, I’d rank the opportunities as:

Washington

LAC

LV

Carolina

Just listened to J. Jones on 106.7 talk about his report about this being the top spot.  He said that's what he's being told by multiple people in the league.  And Harris' not firing Ron during the season is a plus for him as league wide perception.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

he’s only been with the Bears for 2 years and not as their main guy

My first interview question would be about how much he had to do with that trade down last year. Basically they dealt Bryce Young for (likely) Caleb Williams, DJ Moore, Darnell Wright and two 2s and a 4. 

If he was the brains behind it, he's hired. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to J. Jones on 106.7 talk about his report about this being the top spot.  He said that's what he's being told by multiple people in the league.  And Harris' not firing Ron during the season is a plus for him as league wide perception.

Not trying to be a homer, but I tend to agree. While Herbert in LA in SoFi stadium is certainly tempting, the cupboard is far from bare in DC.  I’d argue Howell is just as good as Herbert (minus the size), I’m coaching in the Nation’s capital, under a great owner who will trust my process, historic franchise and fan base, with unlimited resources, add draft capital and cap space to start fast… and a stadium to build…. Not sure the Charger job is better…

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a wise and handsome poster on this very website that said the same thing not long ago, actually. 

We should all feel lucky to share virtual space with him. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 4