Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Paddleboat Ron leaves, is promoted, or traded at the deadline, who do you want as our next coach?

Redskinscub

26 minutes ago, Conn said:

Don’t care until we have a GM. 

But assuming we have a competent, progressive GM—I hope he looks long and hard at Ben Johnson

Johnson and Frank Smith would be my two main candidates. 

Younger me wouldn't want anything to do with people with such boring names, 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Wait, can we trade RonMart? Is that a thing?

He's HC and GM, so not sure what he'd be promoted to except retirement.

I'm pretty sure if we send a first round pick to the Bills, they'll take Ron and make him their press conference quality assurance coach

• Haha 1

I can't wait until black Monday after the season ends.  This team needs some young fresh blood at the GM position as well as the HC position.  This team was doomed when previous ownership hired Rivera and he wanted to go with a "coach centric approach." 

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Any top offensive minded young coach, paired with a Gm hired from teams with a good front office.

The firing of Ron should happen anytime between tomorrow and Dec. 4; day after Dolphins game. That will be bye week; so interim coach will have time to get ready for the final 4 games of season.

We would get a jump on the hiring season; specifically Gm. It should be easier to get permission to interview Gm candidates that late in the season. We want our Gm hired by Black Monday or divisional round; when you can start interviewing coaches.

• Like 1

For GM: Ian Cunningham, Andy Weidl (another Baltimore/Philadelphia alum), Kyle Smith as a long-shot but worth interviewing

For HC: whoever the GM picks, but I like the sound of Ben Johnson

With Harris/Magic and Howell, we should be an attractive job opening. FOR ONCE. 

• Like 4