Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Paddleboat Ron leaves, is promoted, or traded at the deadline, who do you want as our next coach?

Redskinscub

I just hope they DO make the changes from top to bottom.

Go peruse the assistants on this team. Some are Carolina rejects, and quite a few of them have less than 4 years experience. 

THAT is the big thing that needs to change with this organization; the family &  friends packages that this team goes through with every coaching staff. 

The organization needs the best assistants available, all the way down to the damn cook, and stop hirings based on pleasing the government.

Chad Englehart, the strength & conditioning coach as well. His production record is almost at the bottom.

Conner McGuire is the team's chef/cook. Players are eating food that belongs in a 5 star restaurant, strange dishes i've NEVER heard of.

But the damn linemen on a beer and donut diet, at least if they're fatter they'll be harder to get around...

Sorry about the venting, but drastic changes need to be made, and a big statement firing needs to be made as well...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

There's going to be whole sale changes throughout the organization at seasons end, but nothing is going to change before then.

Need to shuffle the chairs on the titanic though.

Since 2000, there has been at least one head coach fired mid-season every year except for '02, '06, and '12.

From 2000-2022 it happened 42 times, which averages out to just under twice per season.

If you decide in late October that you're going to fire Rivera no matter what, you might as well just go ahead and do it. What's the benefit in waiting around? 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Since 2000, there has been at least one head coach fired mid-season every year except for '02, '06, and '12.

From 2000-2022 it happened 42 times, which averages out to just under twice per season.

If you decide in late October that you're going to fire Rivera no matter what, you might as well just go ahead and do it. What's the benefit in waiting around? 

f you're not going to contend either way, what's the benefit in firing him?

I know it will annoy people, but I'd rather play for draft position at this point. Is Ron going to get me more Ls than a replacement? That's the question I'd be asking.

The decision that should eb made is looking for a GM. Should eb announced they are searching now, imo.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

f you're not going to contend either way, what's the benefit in firing him?

I know it will annoy people, but I'd rather play for draft position at this point. Is Ron going to get me more Ls than a replacement? That's the question I'd be asking.

The decision that should eb made is looking for a GM. Should eb announced they are searching now, imo.

No, he's going to get 7 wins like he always does.

The benefit in firing him is making clear organizationally that this is unacceptable and everyone is on notice. The coach / GM is gone and everyone is auditioning for their jobs, here or elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The benefit in firing him is making clear organizationally that this is unacceptable and everyone is on notice. The coach / GM is gone and everyone is auditioning for their jobs, here or elsewhere. 

I think you make that point firing him after the year.

Yeah he probably gets to 7 or 8. 

25 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

He doesn't do anything. He doesn't call offensive or defensive plays. Firing him just puts more weight on one of our coordinators. 

EB can't even do a decent job at OC, so you definitely don't want to promote him and all of our defensive position coaches are too inexperienced to take over the defense if JDR becomes the HC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

He doesn't do anything. He doesn't call offensive or defensive plays. Firing him just puts more weight on one of our coordinators. 

EB can't even do a decent job at OC, so you definitely don't want to promote him and all of our defensive position coaches are too inexperienced to take over the defense if JDR becomes the HC.

Does it really matter at this point? 

Steve Russ, Richard Rodgers, and Jeff Zgonina all could likely handle an interim DC role, especially with JDR remaining hands-on.

• Like 1

It's a shame we lost Chris Harris this offseason.

Fortunately 25 years of stink will be washed away for good latest by January.

With new ownership and some good talent across the roster (including most importantly Howell), we should be a coveted GM job and subsequently a coveted HC job. The rest of this year is a wash... just hope we don't ruin Sam with all the sacks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Fortunately 25 years of stink will be washed away for good latest by January.

With new ownership and some good talent across the roster (including most importantly Howell), we should be a coveted GM job and subsequently a coveted HC job. The rest of this year is a wash... just hope we don't ruin Sam with all the sacks. 

I have the same fear.

I've been thinking a lot about how to handle the offseason and rebuild. We could let most of the better players walk and not really bring anyone in. It would allow us to grab a bunch of comp picks and a ton of cap space. New GM/HC get a year with Sam and the young guys that are already here and be able to evaluate and the following year really build their team.

It's going to be a process and it'll take a couple years if they let it fall apart (I'd say blow it up, but we're only built until this offseason), but it'll be great to have direction and stability with a forward thinking FO.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

43 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah he probably gets to 7 or 8. 

After watching this ****show, where the hell are you all seeing 4 or 5 more wins?  They got their asses packed by the Bears and beat by the ****ty ass Giants.  The Patriots competed favorably against and beat the Bills who stole their lunch money.

Maybe, maybe they’ll eke out win vs Giants part 2 and perhaps the ‘boys but other then that?  You really think Coach’s magic pixie dust is working with the heaping pile of dung?

**edit** to stay on topic, give me Andrew ****ing Luck.  HS football season is damn near over so he’s available.  And he at least should know as well as anyone that it’s kind of important to protect the QB

Edited by stoshuaj

2 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

After watching this ****show, where the hell are you all seeing 4 or 5 more wins?  They got their asses packed the the Bears and beat by the ****ty ass Giants.  The Patriots competed favorably against and beat the Bills who stole their lunch money.

Maybe, maybe they’ll eke out win vs Giants part 2 and perhaps the ‘boys but other then that?  You really think Coach’s magic pixie dust is working with the heaping pile of dung?

Rivera got to 7 wins with One-Legged Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins (RIP), Taylor Heinicke, Carson Wentz, etc. 

We almost beat Philadelphia this year.

NFL is a week-to-week league, we play most games close, and some of those are bound to break our way (like Atlanta did last week).

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Rivera got to 7 wins with One-Legged Alex Smith, Dwayne Haskins (RIP), Taylor Heinicke, Carson Wentz, etc. 

NFL is a week-to-week league, we play most games close, and some of those are bound to break our way (like Atlanta did last week).

I’m aware of the history.  My question was regarding this year.  The non-homer consensus as I remember it at the beginning of the year was maybe a game over .500.  And that was if they got off to a good start with their supposedly easy early schedule.  That’s over.  Have they somehow improved so that they’re magically going to do better in the still harder part?

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Yeah, we go through this every year. They have a terrible game, people say they are the worst team in the league, They come back with a W and people get over it. Then comes another terrible game and people can't imagine we'll ever win again. A few weeks later the talk is whether we can make the playoffs. 

9d836272-c5bd-4e13-bc69-63be7fbf400d_tex

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, stoshuaj said:

I’m aware of the history.  My question was regarding this year.  The non-homer consensus as I remember it at the beginning of the year was maybe a game over .500.  And that was if they got off to a good start with their supposedly easy early schedule.  That’s over.  Have they somehow improved so that they’re magically going to do better in the still harder part?

My point is most games are coin-flips and going 4-6 the rest of the way clinches 7 wins. It's the most likely scenario with this group. If you don't see it, all good. I wouldn't be surprised to beat Dallas at least once, New England, Seattle, the Jets... it's not like there aren't 4 or 5 winnable games on the schedule.

We could've beat Philly and Chicago. Alternatively, we could've lost to Denver and Atlanta. Flip a coin 10 times, you're bound to get a few Heads.

• Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, we go through this every year. They have a terrible game, people say they are the worst team in the league, They come back with a W and people get over it. Then comes another terrible game and people can't imagine we'll ever win again. A few weeks later the talk is whether we can make the playoffs. 

Meh, I was a 5-12er back in August when most around here were putting EB in the line of succession to the HC throne.  Probably not worst but bottom feeder for sure.

• Like 2