Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

NFL is so contradictory with the rules…that is roughing the passer when he is clearly trying to bat the ball down, but earlier Ridder is running for his life and throws the ball away (yea I know he doesn’t get it back to the line of scrimmage also a dumb rule) but that’s a penalty, they want him to get hit in that situation but not one where he is in the pocket?

So freaking dumb. Undisciplined play by us but the rules suck as well  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

You can't jump on the QB or hit him in the head with both elbows.

I’m surprised people don’t know this. You can’t hit a QB in the head. Can’t graze him, contact him, touch him, give him forehead snuggles… none of it. You touch the helmet you’re getting a penalty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Look, we can all be pissed that Barton got that roughing flag, but all of us know, 100%, that if a Falcons defender had done that to Howell this board would be out for BLOOD if there was no roughing flag. At least be honest with yourselves about it. It was a stupid play that he didn't need to make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m surprised people don’t know this. You can’t hit a QB in the head. Can’t graze him, contact him, touch him, give him forehead snuggles… none of it. You touch the helmet you’re getting a penalty.

Dumb pansy football. Man up and play

Just now, KDawg said:

the fact that Barton was arguing for himself is telling. It was a blatant hit in today’s game. He doesn’t know that he don’t know much.