Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Jax vs. Tenn:  Down 8, you need 2 scores to win. 7 minutes left, need 2 scores to win, why not just kick the FG?

That seems like Pederson is pressing.  

—————————-

Baker vs. Flacco for comeback player of the year.  Split the award and give it to both of them.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

10 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

That's not predictive at all.  Let the professionals (who I'm praying we hire) make that call.

I usually feel the same, but one of the reasons I didn't like Haskins is because "no good QBs out of Ohio state".  Ohio state has usually been a good team and had a lot of good QBs that flaked out in the NFL.  UNC isn't exactly known for great football players, so any QB coming from there could be great.  Not a bunch of bad draft history there.

That's why I like Maye, I'm being boring and going with "he's the prototypical QB".  Don't want too much flash.  Nice boring rebuild that works from the inside out.

Edited by Dirt

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Ok with so NO probably winning, besides our game (and NE), who else do we need to pay attention to? 

It would be nice if Cards win, just so they are taken out of the pick order reshuffling for subsequent rounds, but if NO holds and we lose, pick 2 is secure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Ok with so NO probably winning, besides our game (and NE), who else do we need to pay attention to? 

Nobody for the first round.  It’s done.  The Steelers win yesterday and the Saints today + upcoming Washington loss = #2 overall. 

However stuff shuffles in other rounds so the Pats winning would still be helpful.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dirt said:

I usually feel the same, but one of the reasons I didn't like Haskins is because "no good QBs out of Ohio state".  Ohio state has usually been a good team and had a lot of good QBs that flaked out in the NFL.  UNC isn't exactly known for great football players, so any QB coming from there could be great.  Not a bunch of bad draft history there.

That's why I like Maye, I'm being boring and going with "he's the prototypical QB".  Don't want too much flash.  Nice boring rebuild that works from the inside out.

I'm not gonna pretend that I'm better than professional scouts who, in spite of doing this for a living, still get it wrong quite often.

That said, the reasoning of "UNC quarterback" shouldn't tip the scales whatsoever.

Edited by DiscoBob

29 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Durr...of course I'm aware of that "argument," and the other common arguments that bb has been "exposed". 🙄

Don't post at me like I'm simple minded. As far as my estimating, it was intended to be somewhat exaggerated to make the point.

It's your position, as stated, that's simple-minded. 🙂

You haven't explained yet why your position isn't simple minded compared to my silly simple-minded position. So I'll just have to continue on without that insight. If you decide you want to enlighten me I guess send me a message so we don't disrupt the thread.