Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

22 hours ago, method man said:

I think you let Terry play because he is in spitting distance of having a 1k season. After having to deal with Sam’s growing pains and not ****ing about it, give him that at least. Forcefeed him with screens and slants in the first half to get him there and then sit hin

I agree.  He's a 946 yards for the season.  

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Obviously, we all want to lose the game. And hopefully NE loses also

Don't we want new England to win?

I thought a patriots and cardinals win on top of our loss was good because it would improve our picks in rd2 and 3 also.

• Like 2

Poor ****ing terry. I know it's common here not to see him as a true, obvious, number one or elite, and this season has been particularly rough for several obvious reasons which should be laid on the hc, but I saw his talent as such that were he playing for Minnesota or Cincinnati he'd be right under Jefferson and Chase. As in he'd look quite close to their level. Just my take, obviously.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nope it wasn't. 

My point was again:

A.  A supporting cast doesn't per se make the QB.

B.  you can run a high end build your supporting cast for three years in a row and still have a crap offense.

Is this the type of "analytics" that also are part of the Shen mojo? I find it quite interesting, with the probabilities of each approach

17 hours ago, gooseneck said:

I just hope we do not draft a "generational talent" those one or two players who come out each year.  by the way.  How long is a generation?

I think about 1 generation talent is to be expected per draft.  A generation for the NFL is about 10 years in that a good successful NFL career is about 10 years long.   90% of players have turned over in a 10 year period, yeah they are a few exceptions who stay in the league for significantly longer than 10 years but that is not the norm.  So 10 years is a generation in the NFL.  Then you add in there are QB's, RB's, WR's, TE's, O-Lineman, DT's, DE's, LB's, CB's, and S's (roughly 10 position groups) so yes you would expect about one generational talent per year.   Is Marvin Harrison Jr. a generational talent?  Maybe its been 3 years since there is been a similar prospect in Jamarr Chase, but before that you have to go back I think 10 years to 2011 (13 from this year) for Julio Jones to find a WR rated as highly as Marvn Harrison Jr.   

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Obviously, we all want to lose the game. And hopefully NE loses also. 

But it's actually mathematically impossible for Arizona, Tennessee and the Chargers to catch us in the tiebreaker at this point. 

Is that even if we beat Dallas?

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Poor ****ing terry. I know it's common here not to see him as a true, obvious, number one or elite, and this season has been particularly rough for several obvious reasons which should be laid on the hc, but I saw his talent as such that were he playing for Minnesota or Cincinnati he'd be right under Jefferson and Chase. As in he'd look quite close to their level. Just my take, obviously.

Pair him up with Tee Higgins and draft Drake Maye (or one of the top prospects) to throw him the ball next year. Give him a real offense and let's see his ceiling!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some are acting like this QB class is "meh" but at a minimum its a lauded class whether its mock draft media types or quotes from scouts-personnel.  

Yeah I think one of the issues with this QB class is that for the past year or more it's been over hyped like it was borderline 1983 level. And that's now having a bit of a rubber band effect where people are going in the opposite direction as they're seeing that it's not at that level. It's not a super amazing once in 20 years class, but its a very very strong one.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2024 at 12:59 PM, zCommander said:

Since money is in your username... You were on the money and will be off by 1 if we lose to Dallas. :) 

When their schedule first came out I posted in a thread that Washington's record would be 3-14 to no better than 5-12.  IMO, their schedule looked incredibly tough.  Although very difficult, it turned out their schedule wasn't as tough as I thought it would be.  Instead, Washington proved to be incredibly bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

over hyped like it was borderline 1983 level

Feels like in the age of social media, this has been happening more often. Early 2000s, you probably had a QB going 1.01. Maybe one other in the Top 10. Now it seems like we have 3+ in that Top 10 projected.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Is... is that good or bad?

Somebody help me. It is the great conundrum of our times.

hnjovxw4.jpg.4b2a14e79103fd308388a2be6231d6bb.jpg

It's good. As bad as Wilson is, he has gotten hot in a few games this season. Siemian has not

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think they'd be better if they took Fields even though he's been a dissapointment -- ironic that Fields is linked the most to Atlanta now in a hypothetical trade.

The point though has nothing to do with that. 

The point was some here push two ideas.

A. Build your roster first.  Find a QB later.

B.  A supporting cast often makes the QB.

The point is Atlanta has played this card three years running and the team is "meh"

Here is our fundamental difference of opinion:  I think you are putting words into the mouths of those that disagree with you.  I, for example, am not pushing either of these ideas that you claim I am pushing.  The biggest frustration I have had with Redskin/Commander drafts is that they rarely seem to take the best football player available - not just in round 1, but throughout the draft seemingly every year.  The only pick that immediately comes to mind as being an effort to the the best player available was Chase Young, and even then I wanted Tua.  I understood the nervousness they may have had, given the injury Tua had sustained, so I was satisfied with the Young pick.  For the most part, though, I have consistently been underwhelmed by the team's draft choices round after round, year after year.  I certainly don't see football as being as simple as you lay out where it is a choice of either get the QB, then build the roster or build the roster, then get the QB.  To me, it's get the best damn football players.  Yes, there are certainly examples of teams that have failed to find a QB.  There are also certainly examples of teams drafting a QB high, only to have him bust.  Neither is a good outcome.  Teams that tend to always take good football players seem to contend year after year.  I hate to say it, but I get pissed seemingly every year at watching teams like Dallas and San Francisco get really good players in the draft while we continually seem to grab guys a round or two early.

I look forward to Harris hiring a superstar GM who will, in turn, hire a superstar HC, a superstar staff, and superstar scouts.  I'll rely on them to build the team.  If the best player available at 1.2 is one of the QBs in their minds, then great!  But I certainly don't want them to yet again so the same old drafting by position thing that this team has continually been doing.  Look what we have -- we need literally everything, with the only possible exception being DT (and even there many want us to trade Allen].  With the many roster needs we have, drafting by position over BPA makes no sense to me.  Lets draft a group of good football players for once.

The bottom line is that being a proponent of drafting the best football player is neither a desire to get a QB first nor a desire to get the rest of the roster first.  When I say that as of now the pick I would make is MHJ, it is certainly NOT because I have some type of weird fundamental opinion that QB should be the last position we fill.  It is because he is the best football player in the draft to my admittedly untrained eye.  He seems to have both the highest ceiling and the highest floor, IMO.

3 hours ago, method man said:

I think you double dip and pick up two of these starting caliber EDGE rushers in FA

I would be OK with only adding one. Henry and Toohill has flashed enough to earn more time in a rotation imo.

53 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Is this the type of "analytics" that also are part of the Shen mojo? I find it quite interesting, with the probabilities of each approach

It has nothing to do with analytics on my end.  It's just observing the haves and have nots at QBs.

But I do know many of the analytics types especially the PFF guys think if you don't have the QB almost nothing else matters -- they are as obsessed with that spot as anyone.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I have a hard time thinking the Bears will not take a QB at #1. And that QB is almost certainly Caleb Williams. Maybe they love Maye or Daniels, but I would think if they stay at #1 the pick is Williams. Trading down would be getting too cute, especially if they've already traded away Fields, it takes away a level of control for them. 

I think we should be focusing on Maye/Daniels for now, since there's a 95% chance that's the decision we'll have to be making. 

I was thinking about this another way… by picking a rookie qb, that most likely would not be ready to win for three years realistically , they’d be foregoing a chance to win with a top rated defense? Could be wrong, but I thought Montez signed for three years, and if they have a top rated D now, it would make little sense to start over at qb, and give up the window of opportunity to win while your D is at the top of their game. Could work out in our favour if they think like this. MHJ would almost assuredly help them to win sooner than three years, whereas they’d be taking two steps back at qb. Food for thought…