Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Im not convinced the Bears trade down. They already have their own 1st so its not like they have to accumulate assets. I think they sit pat and draft MH jr.

Maybe we try something fancy and move down from 2 to 4 to accrue assets and take whichever QB is left among the big 3 but if we love a guy you take him and dont eff around.

I dont think we have to move up they will take Williams or MHJ. I hope we just take are guy at 2. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im not convinced the Bears trade down. They already have their own 1st so its not like they have to accumulate assets. I think they sit pat and draft MH jr.

Maybe we try something fancy and move down from 2 to 4 to accrue assets and take whichever QB is left among the big 3 but if we love a guy you take him and dont eff around.

I'd be into that only after the pick for Harrison is locked in...

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I agree with this....I think they'll sit pat with Fields too. They have something going on in Chicago.

7 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If we go Qb rather Williams then Maye.

We could play any of the Qb we are not beating dallas with all that is on the line.

Williams is a odd dude.  He's not someone id grab a beer with.  But this team is lacking blue chip talent, and Williams is about as blue chip as it gets.  I think it has to be Williams.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

That’s what I’m  thinking.  This team has needs all over.  Why pick a QB when you can’t protect him?  It’s a recipe for disaster.  We need picks, picks , and more picks.  

there are no guarantees with any player in the draft. It’s a numbers game.  Health, injury, personal problems, failures to play up to status…..  anything can happen.  Load up on picks , Scout well , draft for needs, and see what you got at the end of the year. 

When someone tries to make this argument, it is one heuristic for how intelligent/informed a poster is.

We have $100M in cap room in and 4 other picks in the top 100 in the deepest OT class in the past decade. You can both take a QB AND fix the OL this offseason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They almost certainly stand pat and take Caleb Williams. 

People are going to waste a lot of time talking about a trade down that there is little chance of happening. 

• Thumb up 1

And $100 mil in cap space

I also think Howell and the trash scheme makes the OL look worse than it is

No, the olinemen are turnstiles...and I've seen Leno basically end a game for us this year down the stretch nearly by himself.  It's as bad as it looks and needs help.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They almost certainly stand pat and take Caleb Williams. 

People are going to waste a lot of time talking about a trade down that there is little chance of happening. 

I no longer think they take Williams. Fields is playing well and theyre already bringing the coach back. Theyll try to trade down for sure but its hard to pass up on a star like Mhjr.

5 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I'd be into that only after the pick for Harrison is locked in...

If they are taking Harrison they would definitely trade down at least to 2. There is no sense in not doing it even if they only get a second or third in doing so

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

If they are taking Harrison they would definitely trade down at least to 2. There is no sense in not doing it even if they only get a second or third in doing so

They can't convince us to swap spots if there's no threat of taking Caleb Williams and we might be #2 right behind them.

• Like 1

I no longer think they take Williams. Fields is playing well and theyre already bringing the coach back. Theyll try to trade down for sure but its hard to pass up on a star like Mhjr.

He's mediocre. Can't guarantee what any team will do, or how they evaluate the QBs in the class. But as Conn said, you don't pass on a blue chip QB when you have a chance at one. 

If they think Williams, or even Maye, is anywhere near as good as the hype, it would be incredibly stupid to pass on that because Fields has a chance to be an average starter. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Because you cant win without one and its foolish hoping to get lucky to find one later.

When you have a chance to get one you go get him.

Exactly.

Look at Houston right now, they were us last year, holes all over the team, you easily could have made the same argument for them to trade back and acquire more picks but then they wouldn't have Stroud and they'd be the jets.

Screw that, we've done that plenty, get your guy and build around him, don't wait and hope we get another chance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm at a peace swapping spots with them can't buy beating them in their house...I'd like to see if even if we lost to Pats would we still pick higher then them losing to Dallas tomorrow?

uh yes it would have mattered, that would create a 2-game swing. We’d be at 3 wins and them 5, instead of both at 4

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No, the olinemen are turnstiles...and I've seen Leno basically end a game for us this year down the stretch nearly by himself.  It's as bad as it looks and needs help.

Drafting Caleb or Maye gives us more time to build the line through the draft and FA the next couple of years because of their rookie contracts.