Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Man am I pulling hard for Ariz.

I know they got enough juice to squeeze out a dub somewhere.

Patriots have also looked better these last two weeks. Could definitely see them beat the Jets at home to close out the season. It's so important that we do not beat the Jets this weekend because no shot we win against the 49ers or Cowboys.

• Like 1

Using “chalk” ROS … if we lose out and the Cards win 1 more we pick 3rd. If we beat the Jets, we will flip heavy to rooting for the Jets to beat the Pats week 18. Regardless of what ARZ does against Chicago, we’d stay in the 4 spot at 5-12. If the Pats beat the Jets we’d pick #5.

I’ll need to figure out another way to calculate SOS manually. The PFN playoff predictor seems flawed. I don’t think they’re counting divisional games twice. I could be wrong, but I’m not confident based on cursory results that they’re effectively calculating SOS for that tie break against the Pats. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 3

Week 16 rooting interests:

Jets over Commanders

Cardinals over Bears

Patriots over Broncos

Titans over Seahawks

Dolphins over Cowboys

Saints over Rams

Giants over Eagles

Colts over Falcons

Steelers over Bengals

If all of that went in our favor we’d go into Week 17 in the #2 spot pretty securely long term. 

We’d sit at #2 regardless if Pats, Jets, Cards win. But the other matchups come into play re: the ROS SOS 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Using “chalk” ROS … if we lose out and the Cards win 1 more we pick 3rd. If we beat the Jets, we will flip heavy to rooting for the Jets to beat the Pats week 18. Regardless of what ARZ does against Chicago, we’d stay in the 4 spot at 5-12. If the Pats beat the Jets we’d pick #5.

I’ll need to figure out another way to calculate SOS manually. The PFN playoff predictor seems flawed. I don’t think they’re counting divisional games twice. I could be wrong, but I’m not confident based on cursory results that they’re effectively calculating SOS for that tie break against the Pats. 

I don't always agree with what you want them to do with pick-picks.  But your effort on this thread is greatly appreciated by me.  Killer effort, great stuff.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Week 16 rooting interests:

Jets over Commanders

Cardinals over Bears

Patriots over Broncos

Titans over Seahawks

Dolphins over Cowboys

Saints over Rams

Giants over Eagles

Colts over Falcons

Steelers over Bengals

If all of that went in our favor we’d go into Week 17 in the #2 spot pretty securely long term. 

We’d sit at #2 regardless if Pats, Jets, Cards win. But the other matchups come into play re: the ROS SOS 

Panthers over Packers to that list for the no.2 spot? That would give them 3 wins with jack and tampa left. A win would get them to 4 with possible SoS tougher then some (us) others.  What do they have to lose, Bears have their pick? Not much, winning and pulling a couple upsets to end season. Couldn't they go from 1 to 3/4 lose the top pick for the Bears and move them down. But we still have to lose out.  

8 hours ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

Didnt think this would be my first post but I LOLd to this. I can totally see him pulling out all the stops and putting in Brissett at half time to go for the win.

Absolutely. Remember how hard he tried in the Giants finale in 2021 and the Cowboys finale in 2022 to pad his record. Unless he is neutered in some way, he is going to try the same against the Cowboys. He will have to be pushed hard by Harris to play the second string from the get go

3 hours ago, method man said:

Absolutely. Remember how hard he tried in the Giants finale in 2021 and the Cowboys finale in 2022 to pad his record. Unless he is neutered in some way, he is going to try the same against the Cowboys. He will have to be pushed hard by Harris to play the second string from the get go

Rivera should have already been told to put our best players on IR by Harris. Mclaurin,  Allen, Payne should be put on IR now.

• Thumb up 1

On 12/17/2023 at 6:35 PM, Dexter said:

Chase being a diva wouldn't keep me from drafting Williams

Would Haskins?

On 12/17/2023 at 6:07 PM, spjunkies said:

I don't understand why people thought we were ever out of the qb market. Sam is about on par with Baker Mayfield, he might get slightly better but I'm certainly not seeing anything special there 🙆‍♂️

I remember Mack Brown saying at beginning of UNC 2019 season “Sam has a lot of Baker Mayfield in him” 

• Like 2

So....  Any else remember the hype surrounding Bryce Young?  Remind you a bit of Caleb Williams?  Not saying that Bryce Young is a flop, he's in a terrible situation somewhat like how Lawrence was his first year.  But I'm crossing my fingers that the Bears decide to stay with Justin Fields (and don't trade the #1 pick to someone that needs a QB), and that New England takes Williams.  Drake Maye is the choice here.  If both are gone, go for the big LT from Penn State.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, method man said:

ALERT!

Ron currently has a 102-100 coaching record. He is going to try like hell to win at least one more game so that he doesn’t finish his career with a losing record. I am worried about the Cowboys game

The Seahawks winning last night was huge for this. Right now, the Cowboys still have the division--they need to hope Detroit and Miami **** the bed against them, because the Eagles have powderpuff schedule left.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I am thinking of building a web application to do this.  It's really not that hard.  I won't be able to do it for this year, but maybe next year.  

The fact one doesn't exist is shocking. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Seahawks winning last night was huge for this. Right now, the Cowboys still have the division--they need to hope Detroit and Miami **** the bed against them, because the Eagles have powderpuff schedule left.

But the Eagles are reeling.  Hurts isn't right and the defense isn't good.

They will be favored in all of their games.  

I think the Giants can get them once.  Division games.  Wacky things happen sometimes.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I am thinking of building a web application to do this.  It's really not that hard.  I won't be able to do it for this year, but maybe next year.  

The fact one doesn't exist is shocking. 

I spoke it into existence a couple weeks ago when I lamented the same point, and then boom, one showed up on the PFN Mock Playoff Simulator.

But as I said, the percentage of SOS changes the same amount for the Patriots and Commanders when the Cowboys or Eagles win or lose ... and we played them 2x versus 1x for the Pats, so I think that site is somehow flawed in only counting divisional opponent records once. Unless that's how SOS works? Or I am missing something here?

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But the Eagles are reeling.  Hurts isn't right and the defense isn't good.

They will be favored in all of their games.  

I think the Giants can get them once.  Division games.  Wacky things happen sometimes.  

I will do naked backflips down Constitution Avenue if the Cardinals win that game.

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I spoke it into existence a couple weeks ago when I lamented the same point, and then boom, one showed up on the PFN Mock Playoff Simulator.

But as I said, the percentage of SOS changes the same amount for the Patriots and Commanders when the Cowboys or Eagles win or lose ... and we played them 2x versus 1x for the Pats, so I think that site is somehow flawed in only counting divisional opponent records once. Unless that's how SOS works? Or I am missing something here?

I don't know.  But I'm going to build one and sell it to some website for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! (Dr. Evil Voice)

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I will do naked backflips down Constitution Avenue if the Cardinals win that game.

Ok, I speak for everybody when I say, literally NOBODY wants to see that.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Right now, the Cowboys still have the division

They don’t actually. Eagles control their destiny right now. If they win out, they win the division.

That being said, Cowboys would still be in the hunt and would play their starters against us as long as they don’t lose both of their next two while Eagles win both.