Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

40 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I am going to be the pessimist and predict we draft around 8th or 9th with a 6-11 record.   The problem we are going to have is we are going to lose a tiebreaker with most teams with the same record as us.

I'm not sure where the two wins come from. Maybe we beat Dallas in the finale if they rest guys but I'm not sure we'd even beat their backups who'd be more motivated to play hard than starters at that point anyway. No chance we beat the Dolphins or 49ers. Rams on the road will be tough now that they're in playoff contention, and the Jets at home with Rodgers returning are gonna be a whirlwind to deal with.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dyst said:

There is no point in winning any more games this year. I hope they lose out. Play well but lose. It’s going to be a bunch of new players hopefully, new coaches, new front office so winning would just be useless.

Yep agree. In previous years I’ve had this line of thinking but come game day still wanted us to win. Not this season……lose out from here on in.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not sure where the two wins come from. Maybe we beat Dallas in the finale if they rest guys but I'm not sure we'd even beat their backups who'd be more motivated to play hard than starters at that point anyway. No chance we beat the Dolphins or 49ers. Rams on the road will be tough now that they're in playoff contention, and the Jets at home with Rodgers returning are gonna be a whirlwind to deal with.

Just look at the team's performance and you can see how:

What are the quality games? This team has been very helter skelter, and maybe they're in the process of packing it in and quitting, who knows, but when you look at the season, it's a yo you both within games, and game to game:

September:

Moderately up win over Arizona

Comeback up win over Denver

The horror, the horror level loss to Buffalo

October: 

Back Up in heroic loss to Philly

The Horror, the horror redux in loss to Chicago

Solid win vs Atlanta

Totally inept loss to NYG

Another heroic loss to Philly

November:

Uggfest win over New England

Heroic comeback loss to Seattle

Horror show loss to Giants

Calamity Loss to Cowboys

You look at that, and generally speaking, we've been meh, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, meh, up, down, down.....

As in, you have no idea what's in the gift box on Sunday and Thursday. We might have a lovely present we discover after unwrapping the game, we might have a giant dump from an Elephant given ex-lax several hours before. We don't know what we're getting week to week. Then you look, and can note that we have 3 different teams with questionable motivation playing us, maybe SF too if they lose to Philly this weekend and you 100% can't rely on anything.

The Jets are basically done.

The Rams are in contention, barely, but will they be when we play them?

The Dolphins are helter skelter, especially late in seasons without their heat and humidity Fall games. 

The Niners have locked down the division crown, probably, but can they catch Philly? Probably not, but they do need to finish ahead of Detroit. 

The Cowboys basically appear likely to be locked into the 5 seed which works fine for them since it would schedule a crap NFC south winner as their round 1 opponent. Will they need anything from week 18? I doubt it. Catching the Eagles was the motivation which is why their comeback win last week was such a disaster, they lose that game, they lose this week, then that game has meaning, but they didn't, so most likely, the cowboys will be getting nothing of value from playing starters in week 18.  

So while we suck enough for sure to finish 4-13, the nature of our late season schedule means we could easily steal wins, we did the very same thing in 1998 after starting the season what, 0-7 or 0-9, and finishing it like 6-10? That schedule gives us a chance, it sounds hard, but is it, really? Basically the Jets Defense will need to score TD's to win. The Rams might need to too. SF probably plays to win because of Detroit, but it aint a certainty either. Frustrating. A normal schedule with motivated teams, and we probably lose all those games (especially if the Jets had a QB), alas that aint the world we live in. It's the same reason why the wiz often enter St. Patrick's Day looking good to pick high and then peel off some meaningless wins late to screw up slotting. Teams always consider resting once results have zero impact on playoff seeding, and are actively motivated to tank late in good draft classes too (though many don't). 

Edited by The Consigliere

17 hours ago, dyst said:

There is no point in winning any more games this year. I hope they lose out. Play well but lose. It’s going to be a bunch of new players hopefully, new coaches, new front office so winning would just be useless.

Agree and is there any chance if we loose out can we get to the 3rd pick. Would love to get MH or a top QB. Maybe some team will give us some great picks to switch spots with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Having to deduce who's here and on Reddit, too, now...

RDT_20231201_0638048807553340847459864.jpg

I think there is sense to this. I also think that if you can get MHJ and somehow come back with Beebe in the second and the Arizona LT in the second you have accomplished two things…

But you’ll need to have some luck to get there and I think there is merit to:

Fashanu/Alt + Legette, for instance, being a better overall improvement to the roster.

• Like 1

That graphic is beyond stupid. If you have an elite WR he's gonna get open so quick and so often that the QB will get rid of the ball and won't get hit anyway.

Our WRs don't get open, particularly against man coverage, and it has been a big time problem for our offense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That graphic is beyond stupid. If you have an elite WR he's gonna get open so quick and so often that the QB will get rid of the ball and won't get hit anyway.

Our WRs don't get open, particularly against man coverage, and it has been a big time problem for our offense.

How far can a WR run in less than 2 seconds? That graphic depicts the WR way down the field. Wouldn't the QB need another second to set his feet and throw that far? Unless you are talking about in stride then that would be different. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

Option A for me. B would be the same old, get your QB destroyed and blame him. 

Option B for me, Fashanu is going before our draft slot, plus it will set us up nice for the '25 class 😄

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

How far can a WR run in less than 2 seconds? That graphic depicts the WR way down the field. Wouldn't the QB need another second to set his feet and throw that far? Unless you are talking about in stride then that would be different. 

It's fine lol, both sides have reasonable arguments to some extent, that being said, I don't think Fashanu or Harrison Jr are available when we pick, and if one is, it will almost certainly only be one of them. I'll be really surprised if both are available at slot. 

17 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Option B for me, Fashanu is going before our draft slot, plus it will set us up nice for the '25 class 😄

It's fine lol, both sides have reasonable arguments to some extent, that being said, I don't think Fashanu or Harrison Jr are available when we pick, and if one is, it will almost certainly only be one of them. I'll be really surprised if both are available at slot. 

At 4 one of them will definitely be there

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

At 4 one of them will definitely be there

4, for sure. 

5, maybe. Depends on whether a 3rd QB sneaks in there.

If the draft starts:

1. Bears - Caleb

2. Cards - Maye

3. Pats - Daniels

4. Bears - 95% chance they go Harrison, we get Fashanu at #5

If the draft starts:
1. Bears - Caleb

2. Cards - Harrison, Jr.

3. Pats - Maye

4. Bears become a bit of a wildcard. Fashanu would make some sense though they just drafted Wright at #9 last year. Bookend OTs would be really appealing. But this could also be a prime trade-back spot to a team in the Top 10 that wants Daniels. That would leave Fashanu in our laps at #5. 

Maybe Fashanu rises up the boards and becomes a Top 3 target and thus a trade up for candidate for #4. But my gut is that would be a QB spot and a trade-down for the Bears.

Total wildcard would be Bears going with a CB at #4 in that scenario. Either way Fashanu lands at #5.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see a scenario where the top 3 isn't some combo of Williams/Maye/Harrison jr.

The draft will really begin with the 4th pick. Could be a trade down spot. Could be a T. Could maybe even be Bowers.

I would be inclined to agree except there's a real chance it goes Williams - Maye - Daniels. I don't see the Pats drafting Harrison without a QB. Maybe they trade that pick to someone that wants Harrison. 

The good news is if you're right, and 1-2-3-4 are Williams - Maye - Harrison  before Bears pick, we'd have either Alt or Fashanu on the board for us at #5 if not both.

Lot of change in the draft order to come though. 

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would be inclined to agree except there's a real chance it goes Williams - Maye - Daniels. I don't see the Pats drafting Harrison without a QB. Maybe they trade that pick to someone that wants Harrison. 

The good news is if you're right, and 1-2-3-4 are Williams - Maye - Harrison  before Bears pick, we'd have either Alt or Fashanu on the board for us at #5 if not both.

Lot of change in the draft order to come though. 

I think the Cardinals are taking Harrison at 2 or 3.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think the Cardinals are taking Harrison at 2 or 3.

Wonder if the Bears (current order) would be aggressive and try to trade from #4 to #2 and just go Williams-Harrison ... Cards trade back to #4, get picks for the future, try to grab either Maye or Daniel or trade down again. They're a bad team, could use a lot of pieces, esp. if they're going to keep Murray around on that contract ... will need lots of cheap draftpicks to properly compete. Just spitballing. 

6 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder if the Bears (current order) would be aggressive and try to trade from #4 to #2 and just go Williams-Harrison ... Cards trade back to #4, get picks for the future, try to grab either Maye or Daniel or trade down again. They're a bad team, could use a lot of pieces, esp. if they're going to keep Murray around on that contract ... will need lots of cheap draftpicks to properly compete. Just spitballing. 

Man pairing Williams with Harrison would be amazing. But its the Bears and somehow their offense would still find a way to suck(except against us of course).

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Respectfully, I feel that we have tried this route before. We had Garcon, Jackson, Reed, Crowder and still was not elite. Two years ago we drafted Dotson to pair with Terry and Samuel and we still are not elite.  We also tried the "generational" QB route with RG3 and Haskins, still didn't work. Let's build the **** line like Dallas and Philly. This is the year to take the franchise tackle. 

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

Edited by Daniel.redskins