Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is fair.

I don't agree with your assessment on Leno, the last Giants game I saw him getting abused so badly us not giving him TE help was slowly costing us the game. 

Then he has a false start inside the range where we have to runoff and costs us our last timeout.  It changed what was left of what was still a winnable game entirely, then next thing you know it ends on a pressure induced pick 6.

Leno cannot stay a starter on this team, let alone at LT, I'm done after that.  If you want to make the case our interior is worse, you don't have to sell me on that.

This is one of the reasons I want to trade down, this conversation feels warped by where we might land in the draft order, not where picking an offensive linemen first wouldn't be a reach.

The importance of WR in today's league cannot be overstated, I agree with you and @Warhead36 on that.  I'm saying we just had the audacity to have four 1st round picks on the dline but not a single one on the oline and got surprised by the results.  That was stupid from get-go in an offense driven league, now we have the receipts to officially prove it.

I'm open to compromise with respect to the strengths and weaknesses of each draft.  I'm just not buying there won't be another WR in 2025 or any draft after that we can't draft or trade for to address the concerns that we don't have an elite one right now. In the context of Howell repeatedly getting hit before he finishes 3 step drops, Elite WR feels like something we need to save up for versus coming after right now first in another rebuild.

Sadly, we are talking about another rebuild, so while I'm hearing we need an elite WR to compete with other team's that will likely have one, I'm saying we have position groups so in dire need of investment of resources that they are keeping us from being competitive even if we had an Elite WR.  It just feels ass backward coming after Elite WR first anyway.

FFS our 23 yo QB is leading the league in passing and we're getting destroyed left and right anyway, my head cannot process saying we need an elite WR immediately over other position groups because of it. 

The first pick doesn't have to be tackle, I'm open to guard or center first instead.  But again we just gave Terry an LTS and used a first in Dotson.  This feels like madness coming after the need for an elite WR right now, that **** needs to wait, imo.  It can wait, imo.

We should be saying by this time next year we have at least two really good ones but not an elite one yet.  If we can't at least say that, with a new coach and scheme, we should be talking about trading Terry and ill stand down on what we gotta do at WR.  But not right now.  I can not process not prioritizing protecting Howell best we can in the name of giving him more weapons.

It is an absolutely miracle he hasn't missed a game yet from all the hits he's taken and should not be taken for granted.  The party ends and music stops no matter what our WR core looks like if he misses playing time or goes on sesson-ending IR.

I agree with you up until the final paragraph. Howell looks promising for the future but I think Brissett is enough of a game manager to beat the Jest and possibly the Lambs. That would really schtupp us in the draft. So we really need Howell to get those extra reps…and losses. It sucks, but that’s where we find ourselves. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 11/24/2023 at 6:34 AM, Panninho said:

If we draft at 3, you'd also have to think about taking a QB. Especially if e.g. the Cardinals/Bears draft before us and stick with their QBs (which I do not expect, but still). I am not down on Howell by any means but if Maye or Williams are realistic options, a conversation needs to be had. 5 years of rookie salary with a top-end QB prospect...I could see a GM opting for that and everything should be on the table for the new front office.

You might be able to trade up from 3 without giving up the farm because that would ensure the other team a shot at MHJ. So it could make sense.

Anyways, it would be an awesome year to pick top 3.

You'd also then have to see what value Howell has around the league to see if he can bring back a nice return. Tough call from a new GM, build around Howell or draft one of the top QB's in the draft? I have a feeling this will be debated hard on this site for months leading up to the draft.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

You'd also then have to see what value Howell has around the league to see if he can bring back a nice return. Tough call from a new GM, build around Howell or draft one of the top QB's in the draft? I have a feeling this will be debated hard on this site for months leading up to the draft.

There is no debate. You still need an OL to protect the QB regardless of even if they are the TOP QB in the draft. Howell has more value to this team than another team. Plus he is on his cheap rookie contract. If, somehow, they get a new QB in 2024 you still keep Howell. There is no guarantee that the new shinny QB will be lights out. Getting a QB on day 3 makes more sense though. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, ExoDus84 said:

They've combined for 7 total tackles and 2.5 sacks over 5 combined games since being traded. Not exactly worth the $50M in combined annual salary they were seeking.

And hasn't KJ Henry been pretty decent since getting thrown in? He's been about the same that Chase was doing no?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

And hasn't KJ Henry been pretty decent since getting thrown in? He's been about the same that Chase was doing no?

No.

He’s been ok.  But Chase is a different level athlete. He was winning 1:1 matchups at a high level.  He just wasn’t finishing. 

Henry can be ok. But he’s not somebody you want to out in as a starter just yet.  

• Like 2

Who to root for today…

NYG (don’t want them anywhere near the top two picks).

Atlanta

Tennessee

Arizona/Rams (play each other).

Chicago winning helps us I. The first but hurts us in the 2nd

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.

He’s been ok.  But Chase is a different level athlete. He was winning 1:1 matchups at a high level.  He just wasn’t finishing. 

Henry can be ok. But he’s not somebody you want to out in as a starter just yet.  

Yep. I feel good penciling him in next year as a solid rotational guy

Teams to root for: 

Falcons over Saints

Bengals over Steelers

Titans over Panthers

Bucs over Colts

Broncos over Browns

Rams over Cardinals

Raiders over Chiefs(lol)

Chargers over Ravens

Not all equal priority. We want teams at 3 or 4 wins to win. Im conceding the Panthers pick that the Bears own will be unsurpassable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Teams to root for: 

Falcons over Saints

Bengals over Steelers

Titans over Panthers

Bucs over Colts

Broncos over Browns

Rams over Cardinals

Raiders over Chiefs(lol)

Chargers over Ravens

Not all equal priority. We want teams at 3 or 4 wins to win. Im conceding the Panthers pick that the Bears own will be unsurpassable. 

So why not AZ over LAR? Assuming we lose out, LAR will have five wins. Then AZ would only need to sneak one more win to get to four.

32 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So why not AZ over LAR? Assuming we lose out, LAR will have five wins. Then AZ would only need to sneak one more win to get to four.

Rams are at four wins. We want them to reach 5. Cards are only at 2, not sure they can hit 4 so better we at least leapfrog the Rams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How is the Patriots defense holding this giants offense to only 10 points? Last time I saw them, they looked like an unstoppable juggernaut. Did anybody bother to do a urinalysis on these guys? 

Apparently no Del Rio was found in their urinalysis.

• Haha 6