Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I didn’t say it was common. But it is a big nothing burger. A great philosopher once said, “Talk is cheap, mother ****er”

Make a change. That has impact. 

I think it’s having the impact it is on people because it’s a pretty clear indication that whether they act on it now or not, they are displeased with not just the performance but the effort and leadership. That’s a pretty clear flag as to what’s happening with Rivera (as we all suspected). It’s rare to get in-season insight on that 

• Like 3

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Thst draft isn’t helping him at all and arguably hurting him big time this season. Ditto investing so much more on the defense.  

The off season plan was a joke.  

I wanted to wait and see how it played out. 

The biggest problem: spending 70% of your resources on defense and still having a **** defense. 

This defense has never been as good as the sum of its parts.  

They thought they could bring in a featherweight rookie CB and magically turn into a top 5 unit.  

The roster construction is crap and the coaching on the defensive side of the ball is crap.  

Amazingly, what’s been good in 4 of the 5 games has been the offense.  Even with a leaky OL. 

Ron should honestly fire Jack just to shake things up and try something Different.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Oh, Mr Continuity; how is that continuity for you?  Continuity of mediocrity is all Ron has built here.  You aren’t going get any better with Ron, no matter how long he’s here.

Ron probably sealed his fate with tonight’s game. Think the owners have seen enough to know, this is his last year here. If they want to make the change early; tomorrow would be the first opportunity. 10 days before next game, the mini bye. Plenty of time for an interim coach to get things up to sped.

I do know this, I don’t know how anyone can honestly say Ron should be back next season.

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

I think it’s having the impact it is on people because it’s a pretty clear indication that whether they act on it now or not, they are displeased with not just the performance but the effort and leadership. That’s a pretty clear flag as to what’s happening with Rivera (as we all suspected). It’s rare to get in-season insight on that 

It’s having an impact on people because everyone NEEDS something to lean on and hang on to. But you said yourself, “as we all suspected”. So he didn’t provide anything other than, “hey guys, watching that on television sucked. It wasn’t fun and our team didn’t play with any heart. We need to be better.”

And it is cool that a partial owner would come out and say SOMETHING… because ownership here has never said much of anything ever…

Its not moving the needle for me.

If it makes you guys feel better, by all means, use Magic’s words as your silver lining.

I knew his days were numbered after the first quarter. We all pretty much knew before the season. 

It’s time.

Moving the needle for me would be making a big move. *shrug*

Just now, Conn said:

Agree. I got the impression from the jump of the season that ownership would let this season play out for better or worse.

Thats part of the reason why I doubt Rivera gets fired this early. But I wouldn’t rule it out later on this season.

Magic saying what he did make it clear this coaching staff is on notice 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree. I got the impression from the jump of the season that ownership would let this season play out for better or worse.

Thats part of the reason why I doubt Rivera gets fired this early. But I wouldn’t rule it out later on this season.

Magic saying what he did make it clear this coaching staff is on notice 

Yeah we saw Harris laughing and drinking in the luxury box. He doesn't really care about this season. I mean sure he'd rather they win, nobody wants to lose, but he knows he's firing this band of losers the second the season ends. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

This worries me, why is he saying that to the media?

This Leno quote is more impactful to me than Magic’s.

Our LT is afraid of passing because Howell keeps getting blasted. Absolutely amazing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And this, right here, is why I don’t care that Magic Johnson tweeted our obviously horrendous performance was unacceptable. 

He can’t do anything else about it. He doesn’t make any decisions. 

It’s not a bad thing he spoke up. It just doesn’t matter.

idk man, you seem frustrated (understandably). It absolutely does matter because we just went from an owner who wouldn’t make a public statement himself or communicate with anyone for over a decade. Insight into ownership’s thoughts during this transitional time is definitely “something”.  He sits in meetings with Harris and Rales and the others. His voice is heard and respected. He’s practically the ownership’s mouthpiece to the media, he’s the figurehead. Expressing public displeasure is absolutely serving notice to the current staff. When you’re talking about commentary from ownership on franchise-altering staffing decisions, words do absolutely matter. The actions following the words are inevitable