Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 4 - The Commanders @ The Eagles ~ Somebody Is Getting Their Feathers Plucked?

zCommander

27 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I didn’t realize the eagles’s passing offense was so poor. 

Hurts still isn’t an elite passer, but his skill set really complements Philly’s strengths. They looked shaky for the first game but their OC seems to have recommitted to running the ball and it’s paying off (cough cough EB). Add that they have a dynamic WR corps and an elite Oline, and their offense is really hard to contain for 60min. 

What is the over/under on sacks for this game? Do the Eagles manage to get 10 on Howell?

I just want the game to be competitive. Nothing worse than sitting through a drubbing where the team you root for looks lost.

Eagles 30

Washington 13

The thing about Rivera's team's during his tenure is they always have a game where they shock they world.  It happened last year vs this Eagles team.  The problem is they usually go through a bad stretch, get hot, and then get an improbable win.  This time around they are actually above .500.  It's up to Rivera and his staff to make the necessary adjustments after last week.  Not sure they will though

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

They match up MUCH better against Philly than Buffalo. I see this as a lower-scoring game...

Eagles might jump out early like every game has seemed to go, but the Skins will stick to the run and battle back. Howell will make some plays and steal the W. 

Washington 22

Philly 20

EB abandons the run when we're down 10 in the first quarter at home

You think he's gonna be feeding the backs when we're down by at least that much early in Philly?   I don't see that at all.  But...maybe we'll be surprised.  EB needs to show he is a good OC.  This is a huge game for him.  Except for two quarters, he's called a horrible season and squandered what we do best in running the ball and turned our great group of WRs invisible.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

The thing about Rivera's team's during his tenure is they always have a game where they shock they world.  It happened last year vs this Eagles team.  The problem is they usually go through a bad stretch, get hot, and then get an improbable win.  This time around they are actually above .500.  It's up to Rivera and his staff to make the necessary adjustments after last week.  Not sure they will though

I have kinda figured out that every coach has that game where they shock the world. Arizona beating Dallas last week. But yeah riverbloat ron will have his moments this year only they may well have been those first 2 games and we havent had enough time to realize it. As a team we generally start out hot go 2-0 then lose 6 then win 3 to get back to our annual push for .500 sniff at the playoffs. Our defense must win games for us as this team is constructed. They cannot give up early scores and expect Sam to come back every week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I predict Jahan is going to feast on Joshua JoJo Jobe this week.

The way to beat the eagles remains unchanged. We need to get turnovers out of Jalen Hurts. Just like in the superbowl when driving to go up 17-0 and then he fumbled away the blow.

And we need the offensive line to not look like when you guess the right play on defense in Tecmo Super Bowl.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And we need the offensive line to not look like when you guess the right play on defense in Tecmo Super Bowl.

You cant say LOL without saying OL.

Looking at WR targets league wide, only runLanta ignores their stud #1 WR as much as we ignore ours.

WR 100% is the strength of our offense and that is not debatable.  Short of a dominant run game consistently, TEs performing like Kelce as EB is expecting them to, EB will have to lean on the WR room sooner than later. Problem is we know he heard the calls he should have run more so rest assured he will predictably run into Philly's brick wall, even knowing it will fail, out of spite.  Philly knows it coming so a good first play I'd like to see - a play action quick pass slant to Jahan. I would say EB needs to run when expected to pass and vice versa only he can't lean on Gibson to run the ball right now.  I would like to see Paterson get a look and Samuel to get some of Gibsons run game touches.

• Haha 1

When I look at our offense, I feel they are struggling to have an identity.  Part of that has been due to play calling.  I think EB has been play calling as if Howell, behind this O-line, can turn into a poor-man's Mahommes with now barely a month of NFL experience.  Going by the first 3 games, there is one thing the offense has done consistently well and that is run the ball.  The pass game has also been a lot better when they run the ball.   I expect that out of nowhere we are going to get to a game where the balance between the run-pass gets a lot closer to 50/50 and I am crossing my fingers that it is this week because we have a WR in McLaurin who has mostly OWNED the Eagles secondary and it would be terrible for him not to get the opportunities on Sunday to further put his ownage on display.

I feel like if we run the ball a whole lot more this could up a 27-24 kind of game with it being a coin toss who wins.

I will go with my heart on this one and say we shock the world in Philly for the second straight time.

27-24  Commanders.

• Like 2

Anyone know where I can bet on the first play being a 7 step sack fumble?

Edit never mind I found it - but the odds are terrible since it points to it happening. j/k

Its clear to me EB tried to create our identity to be like all he knows - Kelce City. He had Howlmes come out firing to TEs and ignoring WRs. Until you play fantasy you'd think KCs WRs would be viable. On a powerhouse superblowable team best QB - instead they are all to be avoided completely after THill bailed.  TMC has an 18% target share. He is getting targeted less than 1 out of every 5 passes- i am calling it league worst for a #1. I get spreading the ball around and him likely injured / light work load but Jahan 14% Samuel 13% and Dyami all look ready to go to me.  I am too lazy to look at TE target share but I bet we are at the same % KC is.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1