Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

I really hope Ron and his FO are grinding their teeth and realizing just how royally they screwed up on offense by not building a quality line.  YOu'd at least think Martin Mayhew, who played and won a SB behind the greatest OL in football history would know the value of building a premium unit.  

Just a complete and utter mismanagement and under appreciation by all involved.  Inexcusable.   Absolutely inexcusable in my book.  

This, in and of itself, is a reason for the front office to jettison him and the entire FO at the end of the year, if not sooner.

• Like 4

Howell is making his 4th career start. He’s going to have games like this. It comes with the turf.

My level of anger towards him is zero. Sorry my anger is squarely focused on the protection. 

Me among others thought they did a crappy job fixing the o line last off season and nothing I’ve seen yet makes me feel otherwise although the season is still young.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don’t see how anyone can’t think that the play calling is an issue because of the OL personnel and our OL is BY FAR the biggest problem on this team. Howell has stunk today but the OL has been horrendous.

I don’t think we are losing because of play calling either. Inability to deal with a good defensive pressure scheme is the problem - and that’s not just on the O’line. 

But help your young QB out. You’ve had some successful runs, keep running it. I don’t care if they have an 8 man box - run until they prove they can stop you. 

if you are going to pass use hard play action and get Howell out of the pocket on a roll. We just can’t protect him in the pocket. 

• Like 3

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Whylie playin like a guy who wants to get benched.

He whiffs at twice the rate as everybody else.

The first of the two sacks, he actually did a fair job pushing his guy around the QB.  Sam held the ball, tried to step up, and he got run down from behind.  

The second sack was a complete whiff.  

5 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

man we really need a RB with breakaway, home-run speed. 

Yeah a lightning to go with BRob is necessary, Gibson isn't it for whatever reason. I thought he could be. He's solid but he's not like that. And OLine, athletic disciplined mean OLinemen - we need those also. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Howell is making his 4th start. He’s going to have games like this. It comes with the turf.

My level of anger towards him is zero. Sorry my anger is squarely focused on the protection. 

Me among others thought they did a crappy job fixing the o line last off season and nothing I’ve seen yet makes me feel otherwise although the season is still young.

What gets me is RR KNEW the line was garbage last season. That speaks volume to his focus.

• Like 4

Just now, dyst said:

How do teams get over that hump and actually become good? We have 4 first round picks on the defensive line. We have a 1st round pick LB and a 1 round pick CB but we can’t really change the game defensively.

On offense we have Terry, Curtis, Jahan and Gibson. Someone should be open every play - if not then what the hell is all the hype about regarding the “playmakers” this team has.

If the plays aren’t working then coaching needs to adjust.

We have a personnel issue. We are over invested in the D and under invested in the O. I’m modern football you need a lot of investment in the O and the final pieces of a well devised D. We have four first round DL and the Bills DL is performing much better. They don’t have four first rounders. 

Imagine if we used more resources on OL vs. 4 DL, 1 LB (who was raw and not an ILB) and 1 corner. 

• Like 2

Just now, dyst said:

How do teams get over that hump and actually become good? We have 4 first round picks on the defensive line. We have a 1st round pick LB and a 1 round pick CB but we can’t really change the game defensively.

On offense we have Terry, Curtis, Jahan and Gibson. Someone should be open every play - if not then what the hell is all the hype about regarding the “playmakers” this team has.

If the plays aren’t working then coaching needs to adjust.

You have coaches that get the most out of average players. A coach that motivates you into becoming more than you think you can be.

• Like 1