Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 3 - The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

On 9/19/2023 at 1:46 PM, bluelight05 said:

Full disclousure,  I am a Bills fan. 

Why would you use our team's patch as your avatar? Are you ashamed of using a Bills logo or player or something? If I created an account on the cowboyszone I would not use their star as my avatar. I would use my team's logo and stuff instead.

Not bashing you but just an observation.

Also you spelled disclosure wrong. Maybe I am asking too much from a Bills fan lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

Why would you use our team's patch as your avatar? Are you ashamed of using a Bills logo or player or something? If I created an account on the cowboyszone I would not use their star as my avatar. I would use my team's logo and stuff instead.

Not bashing you but just an observation.

Also you spelled disclosure wrong. Maybe I am asking too much from a Bills fan lol

I live in NY, all Bills fans suffer from imposter syndrome, deep down they all feel a sense of intense shame....

#wide-right

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Overall roster strength test game.  

My expectation/hope is midway through the game we feel the roster is as strong, fast, and skilled if not stronger in some areas than Bills. 

EB gives me a Kyle/Mike vibe in terms of competence and a complete disregard for the status quo. This, combined with what appears to be a strong desire to constantly challenge the defense, sets a distinctive tone. Still early, but this approach provides some early confidence about having a chance against anyone. 

• Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 12:02 PM, Die Hard said:

With how smug Buffalonians are this week about the matchup with Commanders, I REALLY want this one. 

I want to hear them drowning in their tears.

My landlord is a Bills fan, considering how to engage in getting free rent this month if we kick there ass and what id have to offer if we lose : )

8 hours ago, bluelight05 said:

The Bills had the 4th ranked offense and defense last year and they returned almost everyone on a 13 win team.  Good luck on Sunday.  We are not the Cards or Broncos

How you even get in here?

I've been to Niagara Falls, dude, the New York side, I'm surprised y'all even have Internet...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 7

The Bills offense presents so unique challenges with guys like Diggs, Davis, and 2 TEs in Knox and Kincaid who can burn a defense.  Add to that Josh Allen who's explosive through the air and on the ground.  Here's hoping JDR and Co. to scheme up something special because they've got their hands full this week.

Edited by NoVaSkins21

On 9/19/2023 at 9:36 PM, illone said:

This whole thing revolves around the offenses' ability to keep the ball away from the Bills offense.

I think it really revolves around the offense scoring more points than the Bills offense.  

The team that scores the most points usually wins.

(This point brought to you by the ghost of John Madden)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think it really revolves around the offense scoring more points than the Bills offense.  

The team that scores the most points usually wins.

(This point brought to you by the ghost of John Madden)

Wouldn't you say to run the ball more effectively and getting 1st downs and keeping the opposing so called "potent" offense on the sideline? What also needs to happen is our D needs to shut them down and get the ball back our players makers as well. This will require a total team effort. That goes for the Cheesman and Sly as well. It is a tall order but I feel confident that we can actually beat them. 

Scheme up what Miami and Cincinnati did to Allen in postseason. People forget he has been bad for 3 out of 4 games. I think he struggles against zone with front 4 pressure. Have to keep him in the pocket and Gabe Davis in front of defenders. I personally was one of his bigger fans from pre draft to 2 years ago. I believe between his ex girlfriend and fame he is a different person. I thought 2 years ago we had a chance in the first half. This is a far different team.

• Like 2

Gameplan is going to look similar and likely turn into our identity...

Keep the game close until the Bills run out of ideas to avoid our dline and Bieniemy can figure out how to get us enough points to have more than them by end of the game.

It's two games in a row I've seen them do that now this season, both games were tale of two halfs, and that speaks to whatever halftime adjustments they are making.

Reminds me of the Superbowl last year when Ried took the fine to avoid pre halftime interview and they came out with a bunch of plays I'm convinced the Eagles had never seen before and ran an absolute clinic on the #1 pass defense in the nfl.  Bieniemy clearly had something to do with that given what I've seen two games in with him as our OC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

Wouldn't you say to run the ball more effectively and getting 1st downs and keeping the opposing so called "potent" offense on the sideline? What also needs to happen is our D needs to shut them down and get the ball back our players makers as well. This will require a total team effort. That goes for the Cheesman and Sly as well. It is a tall order but I feel confident that we can actually beat them. 

Bills choked out the NFL Rushing Champion so this plan would hinge on the capability of our stellar OL to not run into each other or just fall down...that's a tall order for #77 & #71.  

Going to need to be hyper alert in this one...may I suggest:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Despite what people are saying, I'm not seeing a whole lot of "smack talk" by the Bills fans posting here. So why don't we stop acting like dicks toward them.

Yeah Not really here to talk smack.  Just a Bills fan in Dc who is looking forward to the game.  hopefully the rain holds off