Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

Just now, KDawg said:

I’ll tell you what, this team will need an edge, OT, LB and TE next year. That changes a ton with this team. 

Getting the most badass OT or Edge in the first and second would be a major get for us and represent a major personnel shift.

Im with you on the OT.

Edge: eh. Too much spent on defense already.  

give me 2 OTs.

1 minute ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Running for 2 yards isn't gonna help the offense. There is no push on the line.

It actually does. It keeps the defense off balance. It’s not necessarily the production. It’s the Will. Have to show you’ll run. Takes one decent run to create panic.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can say that… but we weren’t running the ball anyways.

perspective: 30 passes. 7 rushes. 

Pace: 60 passes. 14 runs. 

If we run a bit more at the start we have more ToP and slow the pace. 

This is something Bienemy has to correct. Mediocre at best OL and a basically rookie QB needs more balance. I’m okay with pass heavy. But need to stop the defense from teeing off on the pass.

agreed, and I’m one of the most anti-run people here. 

On the plus side, a guy like Howell only grows with reps and throws against NFL defenses—and he’s getting WAY more than his fair share. He had an entire game’s worth before halftime today. Now, you want those to be quality reps in order to prevent poor habits from forming, but that outsized amount of reps early in the season could lead to a leap in his development and an acceleration in his understand of the game that leads him to grow before our eyes even before the end of the season. Like immersion therapy. I doubt they’re thinking this deeply about it and it’s probably more of a gameflow/strategy problem more than anything but it could accidentally be 4D chess. He’s seeing a LOT that young QBs never see in their first few games just because of the sheer volume of attempts he’s seeing. High risk/high reward type thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

It looked like you said we were going to lose 42-14.

I think you were talking about the Giants losing 42-14.

You should clarify and then we'll know about classrooms and such.

I should have to clarify that I'm talking about Washington in a Game Day Thread on a Washington forum?