Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Especially coming off the Patriots Dynasty...

To repeat, not in every case but in most,, I tend to see hating, or even just bring tired of, perennial winners to be an interesting choice over simply admiring the play of those who master a very challenging sport, that is also your favorite one, at a  super high level for a long period of time.

I typically enjoy watching excellence in performance and quality competition.

But to be clear, I always hated seeing Dallas win back in the day while grudgingly acknowledging great players and one coach (Landry)...that's justified hate  👹😁 

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its almost like its a contagious disease with NFL fans. :)

It isn't limited to that demographic, of course. It's a too uncommon pastime and prized hobby for many. 😛👹🤞

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Destino said:

Wow what a run. San Fran is in trouble if they let the lions offense go off. 

Equally, if the Lions let the SF offense go off they are in trouble. 

The team with more points is going to win this thing.

Just now, Jumbo said:

To repeat, not in every case but in most,, I tend to see hating, or even just bring tired of, perennial winners to be an interesting choice over simply admiring the play of those who master a very challenging sport, that is also your favorite one, at a  super high level for a long period of time.

I typically enjoy watching excellence in performance and quality competition.

But to be clear, I always hated seeing Dallas win back in the day while grudgingly acknowledging great players and one coach (Landry)...that's justified hate  👹😁 

It got old fast...I like when there's a range of possibilities in a sport...especially if it's not my team that is basically gatekeeping championships from everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

image.gif.046a7f946dd087c307a4fe7eefee9b3f.gif

Yes. In almost all cases. Except golf. You want less points in that contest. Semi counter intuitive.

But to answer your question directly: Yes. The team that has more points when game time expires in the NFC Championship game is going to go to the Super Bowl to play the winner of the AFC Championship game, which was Kansas City (because they scored more points than Baltimore)

Edited by KDawg
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. In almost all cases. Except golf. You want less points in that contest. Semi counter intuitive.

But to answer your question directly: Yes. The team that has more points when game time expires in the NFC Championship game is going to go to the Super Bowl to play the winner of the AFC Championship game, which was Kansas City (because they scored more points than Baltimore)

your-opinion.gif

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Do you write Magic Johnson’s tweets?

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Do you write Magic Johnson’s tweets?

I can predict them.

”The Commanders season ended weeks ago. Because our record was bad. We will pick someone in the draft early to help shape our future. We will also hire a head coach to lead us. Also, **** Larry Bird. Asshole.”

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I can predict them.

”The Commanders season ended weeks ago. Because our record was bad. We will pick someone in the draft early to help shape our future. We will also hire a head coach to lead us. Also, **** Larry Bird. Asshole.”

Its funny because you could argue Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are like the Magic and Bird of prospects.