Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

17 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

1999 Browns lost opening day to the Steelers 43 - 0, but that was after the Browns were without a team for 4 years.

Giants game is worse. People were actually picking them to win the division.

The NFL is so strange sometimes though. They'll probably turn it around next week. Like the Packers a couple years ago, Game 1 they got smoked just like this game. Then finished 13-3 and Rodgers was league MVP.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Smoked 40-0 for the first Sunday night of the season. I don't think it's possible to have a worse start to the season.

I take it you didn't read our game day thread against the Cardinals lol...

12 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Giants game is worse. People were actually picking them to win the division.

The NFL is so strange sometimes though. They'll probably turn it around next week. Like the Packers a couple years ago, Game 1 they got smoked just like this game. Then finished 13-3 and Rodgers was league MVP.

The difference, of course, is the Packers did have Rodgers, who is an MVP-future-HOF quarterback lol...Jones, not so much.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1

I know y'all are still riding the high of watching the Giants exposed, but I just wanted to post this clip of Quay Walker's Pick Six.  Typically a pick-six will involve a speedy DB getting to the edge, or maybe a linebacker having a short-field and open space to the end-zone, but this one included an absolute truck on a diving shoulder-tackle from Roschon Johnson when all the lanes closed on him, changing directions, slipping a tackle, and then powering through at the goal line (and poor Johnson bounced off him again).

Unfortunately, though, Walker would suffer a head injury as he crossed the goal line.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, bh32 said:

I don't  think the giants offense is this bad or Dallas defense is this good..everything that could go wrong did for the giants tonight.

I agree with this.

I didn't see the game. I knew dallas had won, but I didn't know the score.

I saw some of the stats first when I went looking. To look at the offensive stats, it looked like dallas had won a low scoring game.

Naturally, I was surprised when I saw the final score.

While I like seeing the giants pummeled like this :giantssuck: I don't think this game is an indicator of how bad the giants will be or how good the cowboys will be. :dallas_sucks:

Just possibly a first week anomaly.

Yes, everything went wrong for the Giants, but they couldn't even complete a checkdown after that first series. We didn't look great either, but our woes came more from turnovers, at least we scored some points. You don't come out THAT bad and have it NOT carry over residue thru the season. Bring on the Giants!

9 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’ve struggled with NYG since the 80’s.  Parcels’ Giants gave Gibbs Redskins’s fits.  It’s basically been the bugaboo team for my entire life and I’m almost 50.  

Just kidof strange.  Honestly, it could be we have had something like 10 total wins in New York in my entire life.  Might not even be that many.  

I know I went to college in NY and I've had to deal with their fans for most of my life. 

I recall years ago even when the Giants weren't good, a player was quoted from them at the end of the season that their season was dissappointing but it was especially bad that they lost to Washington because they are always supposed to beat Washington.

If I recall it was R.  Wynn who played for both teams who said when he was in NY, they always expected to beat Washington, its ingrained in their culture.

What makes it extra weird is for years now the Cowboys and Eagles have owned the Giants.  Giants are weak in division play except when they play this team.

11 hours ago, bh32 said:

Yeah I don't get it they invested a lot of high picks in the OL,but it hasn't paid off

Collinsworth is such a Dallas suck ass

Both their starting guards are JAGs and were with them last year. Evan Neal also struggled last year. They could have done more to address their interior at a minimum outside of swapping Gates for JMS

12 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The difference, of course, is the Packers did have Rodgers, who is an MVP-future-HOF quarterback lol...Jones, not so much.

Yeah, Jones is garbage but he'll win at least 1 game vs this team. Del Rio and RR need to totally rethink their defensive game plans vs the Giants. but they never do. 

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, Jones is garbage but he'll win at least 1 game vs this team. Del Rio and RR need to totally rethink their defensive game plans vs the Giants. but they never do. 

Totally rethink it?...They are 2-1-1 over the last two years against the Giants (1-1-1 when Jones played)...And Rivera and Del Rio's first two games against Jones and the Giants they lost by 3 pts and 1 pt--and that 1 pt loss was due to going for two points at the end of the game instead of kicking the extra point and going into OT. The Giants have scored more than 20 points only two times out of the 6 games against Rivera/Del Rio. That doesn't come across to me as if they need to "totally rethink" anything about the Giants.

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Totally rethink it?...They are 2-1-1 over the last two years against the Giants (1-1-1 when Jones played)...And Rivera and Del Rio's first two games against Jones and the Giants they lost by 3 pts and 1 pt--and that 1 pt loss was due to going for two points at the end of the game instead of kicking the extra point and going into OT. The Giants have scored more than 20 points only two times out of the 6 games against Rivera/Del Rio. That doesn't come across to me as if they need to "totally rethink" anything about the Giants.

The only win vs Jones was when the Giants were offsides on the missed field goal giving Hopkins a 2nd chance. If not for that they'd be 0-4-1 vs Jones, who sucks against almost any other team in the league. Probably because scoring 20 points a game doesn't beat many other teams, lol.