Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you believe in this team going into....

lead commander

Do you believe in this team as we approach the 2023 season..The roster will not be complete until the end of the preseason but we know who our core players are and the coaching staff we have.I believe we have the talent on both sides of the ball to contend with anyone and if our QB plays above average we will be a tough out..I'M so excited about this upcoming season...DO YOU BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I never knew that was a Lovin' Spoonful song. So there you go. Thread wasn't a total waste.

Not at all. The Lovin' Spoonful was actually a really good 60's band and John Sebastian, who formed the band was excellent. He wrote "Welcome Back", the theme song for Welcome Back Kotter (if anyone remembers that show). He played harmonica for some Doors songs, played with Lowell George (Little Feat), and was asked to be the 4th member of Crosby, Stills. And Nash. After he turned them down they moved on to Neal Young. He played solo at Woodstock as well. Sorry for the rant, but am kind of an old music nut, and always really liked the Lovin' Spoonful. Summer in the City is another good track from them. Take care fellas, peace. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Not at all. The Lovin' Spoonful was actually a really good 60's band and John Sebastian, who formed the band was excellent. He wrote "Welcome Back", the theme song for Welcome Back Kotter (if anyone remembers that show). He played harmonica for some Doors songs, played with Lowell George (Little Feat), and was asked to be the 4th member of Crosby, Stills. And Nash. After he turned them down they moved on to Neal Young. He played solo at Woodstock as well. Sorry for the rant, but am kind of an old music nut, and always really liked the Lovin' Spoonful. Summer in the City is another good track from them. Take care fellas, peace. 

Crosby, stills, Nash, and Sebastian.  Glad he turned them down, just doesn't feel right.

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, lukie said:

Do you believe in this team as we approach the 2023 season..The roster will not be complete until the end of the preseason but we know who our core players are and the coaching staff we have.I believe we have the talent on both sides of the ball to contend with anyone and if our QB plays above average we will be a tough out..I'M so excited about this upcoming season...DO YOU BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM?

I believe this team won't be terrible.  Whether they will make the playoffs is an ify proposition.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There are parts of the team I believe in. But others are reliant more on blind hope/optimism. 

This is my basic feeling as well.  I'll add that I don't believe in Ron Rivera, his coaching staff or the FO's ability to coach and manage this team into an annual contender and SB champion.  Some believe all Ron and Co. need is a franchise QB and then we're set.  But it takes more than just that to win a SB.  At some point, consistently elite coaching has to come into play, and I've seen nothing out of this current staff that suggests to me they are capable of such feats.  

I'm much more excited for the 2024 offseason (which I believe will be including a cleaning out of the FO and coaching staff).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

For myself, nah not really. But this season isn’t about that for me, I’ll take whatever happens in stride because this whole season, for me, is going to just be about learning to enjoy games again and actually become invested in the outcome in a post-Snyder reality. I don’t think they’ll be very good, and I too look more forward to next offseason and the future it brings. But I’m gonna use this season as practice and start getting used to actually believing that winning and building something sustainable IS possible—even if we aren’t there yet. The alternative has been having every moment tainted by Snyder, and I gotta learn to just get back to football and being a normal fan like most other teams have, without the doom  and gloom of the unsolvable macro problem I became consumed by. 

So for me this season is going to be a very personal journey into what being a fan should really be about, as I try to get used to dreaming of a better tomorrow like fans of actual professional football franchises have been enjoying for a long time, even during down seasons. Better tomorrows where the right hire, the right draft pick here or there, the right lucky breaks etc. can actually all lead to the promised land someday because the owner at the top isn’t causing the thing you care about to exist in a state of self-sabotage. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't matter, but I do...

If I'm right, good, if I'm wrong, folks will be put in charge that know what they are doing and I can give the Commanders the same kinda patience I'm giving the Wizards right now.

Win win, but folks that sleep on this team gonna be in for a rude awakening this year.  The bar regarding QB play is really low with respect to what's needed to be over .500, and that should be enough to sneak in the backdoor as a wildcard.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

This could be the best defense we have had in a long time if the the 1st and 2nd round rookies end up being ballers which is the hype they have. Normally when players get hyped like this as rookies this time of year they usually deliver. 

If EB can get Howell to play decent, it will be such a good team. I’m pretty pumped and I’m bought in. 

• Like 3

If we get very good QB play from either Howell Or Brissett or both and stay healthy I think the makings for a really good season are there….I so desperately want to buy into this season being a success on the field but the 1 thing about being a fan of this team is and has been the let down… so those scars even with new owners is still fresh and will only subside if and when I see it regularly 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

If we get very good QB play from either Howell Or Brissett or both and stay healthy I think the makings for a really good season are there….I so desperately want to buy into this season being a success on the field but the 1 thing about being a fan of this team is and has been the let down… so those scars even with new owners is still fresh and will only subside if and when I see it regularly 

I agree about we need good QB play cause we have everything else on this team on both sides of the ball to compete with anybody...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

With this team, it's always hope for the best, but expect the absolute worst.  I'm not getting my hopes up until I have a reason to.  That's probably the best way to be a fan of this team the last 25-30 years sadly.

• Like 2

Do you believe in this team going into....

(a home-built submarine)

Titan passenger recalls how sub battery went 'kaput' on way to Titanic

• Haha 1