Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

8 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I thought he was in prison for murdering a youth football coach. Did he praise Forbes during an interview inside Alcatraz's shower room? 

I didn't know anything about that, so I googled it.   Apparently it was Aqib Talib's younger brother who killed the youth football coach.

Sigh. Not sure how we talked ourselves into thinking a coach with no front office experience, and two former GM’s with track records of losing could combine to get the job done. There’s no way we can move on from the Snyder mess until we flush this whole coach centric nonsense down the toilet. I look forward to the day we get a legitimate GM for the first time since the 90s. Then, and only then, we will finally at least have a chance to return to respectability.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The really bad part is they benched him on National TV and that broke his confidence in a big way. Then Fuller gets burned the same exact way for a Touchdown. Forbes has to put a chip on his shoulder and work to be the best in the business. Do not, do not crumble young man. Praise in public, discipline in private. Bad move on the coaching staff, wish we could bench their sorry asses for ****ty coaching for FOUR years!

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, woodpecker said:

Sigh. Not sure how we talked ourselves into thinking a coach with no front office experience, and two former GM’s with track records of losing could combine to get the job done. There’s no way we can move on from the Snyder mess until we flush this whole coach centric nonsense down the toilet. I look forward to the day we get a legitimate GM for the first time since the 90s. Then, and only then, we will finally at least have a chance to return to respectability.

Radio personalities 

13 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

The really bad part is they benched him on National TV and that broke his confidence in a big way. Then Fuller gets burned the same exact way for a Touchdown. Forbes has to put a chip on his shoulder and work to be the best in the business. Do not, do not crumble young man. Praise in public, discipline in private. Bad move on the coaching staff, wish we could bench their sorry asses for ****ty coaching for FOUR years!

Fuller made a play on the ball and was inches away, some were saying Fields actually threw high.  Those two plays themselves aren't really comparable.

And if I'm busting my ass, and someone on my team is playing like ass, I want to see there be accountability. I'm trying to win, not coddle a player like he's a child just because people are watching. That's not how it works, anyway.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I’m thinking what broke his confidence was being  on the other side of the highlights several weeks in a row.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Kid has to make the plays that are there for him. As a DB, you're going to get beat sometimes, but when you make game changing plays like INTs, you can become a star- see Trevon Diggs. Forbes has dropped a few would be INTs, and he obviously needs to fix that. More concerning to me, though, are the short routes he's starting to hesitate on. 

On one of DJ Moore's big plays, for example, he ran a simple hitch. Forbes sees Moore break down, but instead of immediately attacking and taking away the throw like I've seen him do on film, he hesitates and back pedals a second more before attacking. That tells me that the double moves have gotten in his head, and now he's playing indecisive. You can't do that as a pro DB. 

A coach needs to be in his ear about reading his ques (hopefully they are working on this in film study but our DB coaching is suspect), trusting what his eyes see, and playing at full speed every snap. Weight aside, he has the tools to be better than we have seen. At minimum, he should be balancing out his losses with takeaways now and again. The opportunity is there. The rookie needs to capitalize on those moments. 

• Like 2

Forbes is bad right now.

But his poor play was exacerbated by the asinine way they were using him and the responsibilities they were heaping on his shoulders with no help. 

So benching him entirely seems like a pretty ****ty way to go about helping him develop and basically just reveals that their arrogant staff doesn’t even see anything wrong with what they were asking of him and what they wanted out of him. They are completely lost. 

• Like 6

Did JDR play more press man today than he did when Forbes was getting snaps?  Seems like it to me, but am curious if others saw the same thing.

I heard the announcer today say we are still jumping routes and that Atlanta should try double moves. Arthur Smith seemed too stubborn to exploit it surprising no one. 

3 hours ago, Conn said:

So benching him entirely seems like a pretty ****ty way to go about helping him develop and basically just reveals that their arrogant staff doesn’t even see anything wrong with what they were asking of him and what they wanted out of him. They are completely lost. 

I will play opposing view. What we don’t know is Forbes’s attitude, attention and performance during the week. Benching could be the culmination of many things up to this point. What we do know is the guy that replaced him played well, or at least wasn’t exposed. 

That doesn’t mean Forbes is done.  If things go well, he should be a better player when he returns. 

Edited by Leonard Washington

1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

I will play opposing view. What we don’t know is Forbes’s attitude, attention and performance during the week. Benching could be the culmination of many things up to this point. What we do know is the guy that replaced him played well, or at least wasn’t exposed. 

That doesn’t mean Forbes is done.  If things go well, he should be a better player when he returns. 

Very true. Of course, if Forbes is losing faith in the coaches’ intentions for, and teaching of, him then the attitude (if it’s poor) could be partially blamed on them as well. We are all criticizing how they’ve utilized him and the island they’ve put him on before he’s ready (if he’d ever be ready), I don’t know why the players in the locker room (including Forbes) would be exempted from having the same thoughts. 

2 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Forbes is out of the lineup today and no WR was going nuts like DJ Moore and AJ Brown were in previous weeks.  Obviously not a good sign that they had to bench him.  Not a good look for Rivera and Co. that their top pick isn't playing 

London still ended up with 100

• Sad 1