Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know man. He got burned some off of double moves in college. It was one of the dings on his draft grades. I like Forbes. But I didnt have him as a first rounder. Not that that means anything at all. The one thing I will say about his size is if you look at pictures of him he carries no fat at all. Probably the lowest body fat index on the team. So I am not as concerned about his weight really. And I do think they can realistically add some muscle weight to his frame. 

What 22 year old college CB playing in the toughest conference in the country isn't going to get burned occasionally?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 3:19 PM, HoggLife said:

And people here act as if we are playing Derrick Henry every single week and on top of that they just run Henry right at Forbes every single play SMH. 

We should trade for Derrick Henry and that issue is then resolved?

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 2:36 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Will be nice to have the extra ammo at DB. Forbes, Fuller, St. Juste and Martin is a damn good CB room. I mean damn good. Cannot wait to watch them in action. Maybe give our DL that extra tick to get there a whole lot more. 

Don't forget about Forrest!  He was a ballhawk last year.  Then you throw in Curl...man this is going to be a dominant defense.  I also think Barton is a healthier version of Holcomb too.  If Davis continues to grow then Forbes completes this defense.  Also, don't forget about Percy...I think he's a dog too.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Don't forget about Forrest!  He was a ballhawk last year.  Then you throw in Curl...man this is going to be a dominant defense.  I also think Barton is a healthier version of Holcomb too.  If Davis continues to grow then Forbes completes this defense.  Also, don't forget about Percy...I think he's a dog too.

Yes,  yes,  for sure, I was only referring to our Cb’s…..when you look at the whole DB core, oh nelly. We are stacked. You are correct. Love all the youth, quality, And speed..Can’t wait to see it all come together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I do like the secondary, assuming the rookies pan out. I'm still concerned about the LBs, the 2 we are the most excited about still have question marks and behind them we have nothing but journeymen.    

Is Barton the 2nd you’re referring to?  I ask because Eifler is a non-journeyman backup with some pretty good athleticism (who the staff has praised).  Not that I’m counting on him panning out - it’s a tough position to excel at, and I’m not sure about the athleticism relative to his size… but there’s some hope/potential there at least.  Overall though, yeah, the spot’s a definite concern.

Clock’s ticking for Hudson as well.  Not sure I’d call him a journeyman quite yet, but he hasn’t shown enough to believe his trajectory will be anything other that just that.  At least he and Mayo seem to be plus STers…

On 5/19/2023 at 8:39 AM, skinny21 said:

Is Barton the 2nd you’re referring to?  I ask because Eifler is a non-journeyman backup with some pretty good athleticism (who the staff has praised).  Not that I’m counting on him panning out - it’s a tough position to excel at, and I’m not sure about the athleticism relative to his size… but there’s some hope/potential there at least.  Overall though, yeah, the spot’s a definite concern.

Clock’s ticking for Hudson as well.  Not sure I’d call him a journeyman quite yet, but he hasn’t shown enough to believe his trajectory will be anything other that just that.  At least he and Mayo seem to be plus STers…

Yes Barton and Davis was who I was referring to.   We still don't know what they have in them and the rest are just not at the level they need.  This is still a glaring hole IMO regardless of the defense they run.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@Skinsinparadise yep very good watch, interesting the dialogue with ourselves and NE who probably both got the DB they wanted.

As an aside, I really like Forbes. CB was my original take in the first. And I will make a fool of myself now :ols:....as I never said this back around draft time....but I’m telling you this guy gives me Deion vibes. Ok, maybe Deion ‘lite’ vibes. But there is something special to be uncovered.

He’s going to make a truck load of plays. It’s coming. 

This ain’t no stones hands v2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Very entertaining watch.  And some of the draft fantatics here, like myself, @Going Commando, @KDawg, @Always A Commander Never A Captain, @DWinzit @Est.1974 @Chump Bailey@Koolblue13 among many others, I'd think they'd find the draft room stuff especially entertaining

Different feel and strategy from last year.

In fairness last year had some depth to the WR spot. I suppose we got lucky Jahan was still there when we traded back, but the vibe was less "we had to get this guy".

This year they were thinking of trading up for their guys. If the Patriots did go for Forbes first. Would we have taken Lukas Van Ness? It kinda sounds like we might have.

• Like 1

That's pretty cool to watch. Strange that you don't see another active player, until 18 minutes into it and then it's just Allen after that. 

Forbes is hitting this team at the right time, because everything is going to get better. He has superstar potential, too. What a great pick for us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's pretty cool to watch. Strange that you don't see another active player, until 18 minutes into it and then it's just Allen after that. 

Forbes is hitting this team at the right time, because everything is going to get better. He has superstar potential, too. What a great pick for us. 

Not that surprising, there aren’t nearly as many players around the facility around draft time. 

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Other teams that I follow have more enthusiastic players I guess.

That is probably true, but April is just not normally a time you see players hanging around the facilities unless they’re rehabbing. There were more players at the draft party that didn’t make it on the video, but I’m sure other teams do have more guys around lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure Jahan is in there too. You do realise there is some editing in there ?

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Very entertaining watch.  And some of the draft fantatics here, like myself, @Going Commando, @KDawg, @Always A Commander Never A Captain, @DWinzit @Est.1974 @Chump Bailey@Koolblue13 among many others, I'd think they'd find the draft room stuff especially entertaining

Made me crack a big smile! Loved the enthusiasm the coaching staff had for Forbes as he slipped to them. Really leaves me convinced he was their guy. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Pretty sure Jahan is in there too. You do realise there is some editing in there ?

Yeah I wondered about that.  If they were hot for someone else, too at that time they can just edit it out.

Implied maybe Van Ness.  And they liked Gonzalez, too but liked Forbes more.

• Like 1