Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carroll Sues Trump for Defamation in Civil Rape Trial

China

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno. I don’t think he lost a single supporter today.

I don't think he lost a core supporter either, but it certainly does not help him w/ swing voters.

At some point the swing voter is gonna have to choose between a dude they may not like, and a guy who is a sexual predator/insurrectionist/traitor/scammer who's business has been aired out in open court.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno. I don’t think he lost a single supporter today. Probably just pissed them off BECAUSE WHEN YOU GO AFTER TRUMP YOU GO AFTER ALL OF US, so they’re going to double down on their support of him. 

It’s always, always, always about pissing off the liberals with these people. It’s not about anything else. And there’s no better way to piss off liberals than running Trump out there and supporting him.  I don’t believe he lost any supporters today, I don’t think any of them batted an eye, “because he’s still better than a liberal.”

What matters is that he lost again.  His unbeatable image has taken a beating.  For a while it seemed like he really couldn’t be beat.  He did everything wrong and got away with it every time.  Then he lost an election.  Lost every court case.  Now he’s lost in court over sexual assault.  His die hards that imagine him to be some kind of savior will never leave him, but he needs a lot more than just their support.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

Per WaPo. 

https://apple.news/ALO6GPU_wSzKVJCb4oVU98A

The Trump campaign has already poll-tested many of the allegations against Trump among Republican primary voters, and found they did not move the needle, and that Republican primary voters generally did not believe the allegations, according to two advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal data and strategy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Couldn't give a rat's ass...I just want him in jail.

If he's in jail, and still gets 40% of the vote?  And the nomination?  And MAGAs sending him their money?  

I'm cool with that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I dunno. I don’t think he lost a single supporter today. Probably just pissed them off BECAUSE WHEN YOU GO AFTER TRUMP YOU GO AFTER ALL OF US, so they’re going to double down on their support of him. 

It’s always, always, always about pissing off the liberals with these people. It’s not about anything else. And there’s no better way to piss off liberals than running Trump out there and supporting him.  I don’t believe he lost any supporters today, I don’t think any of them batted an eye, “because he’s still better than a liberal.”

100% agree. Thankfully last year his supporters didn't take over PA or AZ. So his supporters can cram it with walnuts. I don't think he gained any supporters yesterday, either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Trump disparages E. Jean Carroll during CNN town hall https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-response-e-jean-carroll-verdict-town-hall/

On Wednesday night in Manchester, New Hampshire, Trump decried the jury's verdict in the civil case and called Carroll a "whack job," elaborating in language similar to the language that led to his defamation verdict in the first place. Trump called Carroll's story "fake" and "made up," even though a jury unanimously and swiftly agreed on the verdict. Trump was asked what he tells voters who say the verdict disqualifies him from being president. 

"Well there aren't too many of them because my poll numbers just came out — they went up," Trump said to the delight of some in the audience. The audience was composed of Republicans and undecided voters, according to CNN. Multiple voters who asked Trump questions voted for him in 2020. 

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

My assumption was that it wouldn't matter what was used...it would be rape either way.

And your assumption is correct, in my mind.   

Any touching of any kind without permission is sexual assault. 

Rape can be defined differently by state as I understand things, but I could be wrong.

• Like 2

Trump Attorney Attacks E. Jean Carroll On CNN When Asked About Trump Attacking Her at CNN Town Hall

Trump attorney Alina Habba attacked E. Jean Carroll when CNN’s Kaitlan Collins asked her about ex-President Donald Trump’s attacks on Carroll during a CNN town hall being added to another ongoing rape and defamation case.

The hooting, cheering, and laughing crowd at the CNN Town Hall that Collins moderated two weeks ago whooped it up as Trump spent almost four solid minutes mocking and attacking Carroll — whom a jury says Trump sexually abused. That prompted Carroll to add those remarks to another ongoing suit in an amended complaint and request greater damages.

On Wednesday morning’s edition of CNN This Morning, Collins interviewed Habba on a number of topics, including the town hall attacks. Habba responded by defending Trump’s right to attack Carroll, then attacking Carroll herself by contrasting her with “real victims” of sexual assault and accusing her of lying in a lengthy response:

KAITLAN COLLINS: This comes as Carroll and her lawsuit, which is separate from this. But I should note, following the CNN town hall, the comments that Trump made about her there is now amending that lawsuit to add more money to that. Is there not a concern within the legal team that what he says is what’s getting him in more trouble here, that he’s going and attacking her the day after he’s found guilty for, or that excuse me, that he’s found civilly liable for defaming her and sexually abusing her.

ALINA HABBA: So so let’s talk about that. I’m glad you brought it up. As a candidate, part of your job and part as a president, part of your job is to address people that bring claims, as Bill Clinton had to address. Right?

He didn’t do this. So we have the courts say and now we have a jury that said he did not rape her. Let’s not forget that. And he is then speaking to a person who is falsely accusing him of something that is heinous and nobody is more sympathetic than I am to sexual assault victims. Rape victims.

But I’m confused on how a jury could have gotten it so wrong. They say you don’t rape someone, but it’s sexual abuse and then you defame somebody for saying, I didn’t rape her when they said he didn’t and they found he didn’t.

So the fact that she’s going to amend it, to be honest with you, Kaitlan, and this is aside from my sympathy to real victims, tells me what her motives are and the fact that she’s trying to amend a complaint from 2018 because she wants to change the terms from rape to sexual assault now, you’re not allowed to retrofit cases. That’s not how this goes.

Click on the link for the rest

• Thumb down 1