Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Ian Rapoport, Shaka Toney (and others) suspended indefinitely for Gambling

Reaper Skins

Calvin Ridley just got reinstated for this exact thing. A full year suspension.

I can't find the video now put someone but together a montage of his plays after he got caught and it sure looked like he was purposefully going down after some catches. 

Edited by CobraCommander

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Responding over here instead lol...I read that for 6 games, it's gambling on other sports but not the NFL. No idea if that's true...

I think it was other sports, but he way still doing it in the facility, which is also against the rules

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

think it was other sports

I don't get why it would be forbidden for a player to bet on another sport?

I'm not even sue why they couldn't bet on a game as long as it's not a game they play in, it seems fine to me.

• Like 2

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Yeah, the players should've known better, but the NFL welcomed all of these problems when they partnered up with betting. The reputation of the game was already in question, betting just makes the already dubious legitimacy of the NFL look more corrupt than ever. Ridley bet on the Falcons, he didn't bet against them. Shouldn't matter, but the NFL opened the door to this problem.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't get why it would be forbidden for a player to bet on another sport?

I'm not even sue why they couldn't bet on a game as long as it's not a game they play in, it seems fine to me.

I would imagine it comes down to what other gambling situations it may open up. The NFL must protect its integrity in regards to fixing games. Once they lose that, the NFL shield is chipped and may not be fixable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Yeah, the players should've known better, but the NFL welcomed all of these problems when they partnered up with betting. The reputation of the game was already in question, betting just makes the already dubious legitimacy of the NFL look more corrupt than ever. Ridley bet on the Falcons, he didn't bet against them. Shouldn't matter, but the NFL opened the door to this problem.

Eh, it’s like saying NFL accepts money from beer companies so players should be able to get drunk in the lockeroom. 

There are rules and parameters for everything. Not that hard to stay within the lines. 

• Like 4